What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Can anyone identify this root pest???

medicalmj

Veteran
I've killed RA and spider mites in a warehouse. There's got to be something that can be done. I have maintained a sterile grow room for over 7 years with no pests until I started bringing clones in. If I find something that kills em I can eliminate. Unfortunately at this rate these things will be alive long after the cockroach.

Those bugs you mention are easily taken care of due to their evolution and life cycle and there are plenty of effective treatments.

The mites I referenced are not like spider mites, and as far as I can tell they're decomposer not herbivores (ie plant eaters) and they evolved differently. Plus you cant see em w/o a lope or scope.

ballplayer 2

Thank you for the tip Alone. "Pot Walkers" is exactly how I would describe some of the soil mites I had. When I would water, or accidentally knock the pot they would freak out and start walking circles around the pot.

I also had some MUCH smaller mites, not sure if they were the same species or not. My pot walkers were reddish-brownish-translucent. My smaller mites were definitely whitish/translucent, very small.

In any case, thank you for the tip that helped git rid of them for you. I will spray/drench some Azatrol and watch my watering practices to help avoid any root rot. Going to try some Actinovate to help with Root Rot as well, I heard it supposed to be a pretty decent product.

BP