What's new

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

Wall

R.gif

kulu was not superb seeds...
you had to select 10 females to find ONE good one!!!
But in the end we managed to find a beautiful mom ;) or dad !!!

Montuno

...como el Son...
Kulu Seeds is (was?) some kind of continuation of Positronics. "Kulu Trading" bought the company and changed the name...

Nirvana also sold Skunk Red Hair for like 20 years if not longer.

Destroyer should definitely not be lacking in resin! That kind of pheno popping up is no good. Polyhybrid S1's can somewhat be expected to be a pheno hunt though, caveat emptor.

Bizarre thing to claim a bogus lineage for such a well documented strain. The current description doesn't mention any 20 year landrace acclimatization, but they do give credit to someone called Alberto instead of Cannabiogen. I suppose that is the guy who selected the clone.

Yes; the description was changed (so did World of Seeds with its supposed Colombian Gold "Libertadora", heh, heh...).
As I understand it, the clone was sent from Spain to Argentina; the name Desfrán would come from "La Destroyer de Frán" (but I'm not sure about this).
According to my experience with the Dutch Passion sachet, it would be the pheno I call "Pear Sugus": the best tasting of the Destroyer I've tried, but the least sativa potency (still, it doesn't lack potency; I would have no problem growing a plant of this pheno every year).
I told you that if I had not found a horrible specimen without resin in between five as I did, I would not have been disappointed.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Wow! More than 30 years in Asia and you didn't find a good sativa? Thats really impresive to say the less...
The project Destroyer according to the words of one of the breeders was get that pure Thai strain and try to offer to the public, but they said what was really long flowering time so isn't good idea sell as a comercial product so they decide add some genes from México and Colombia. I sent them verde limón from Michoacán area seeds and then they cross that Michoacan with some unknow sativa from Colombia (unknow to me) and then add to the Thai mom, so goal of the project was the Thai side but the people who had the opportunity to try Thai in its purest state said that it was very powerful but very cold
an empty effect that rather left people scared so after all adding other genes was not only to decrease the flowering time but also gave it hybrid vigor and a superior sativa profile
I know very well verde limón mexican part of Destroyer its not a really potent smoke but it is not a lazy grass
it is rather the type to talk and think without feeling totally blown so i'm really sure that the Desfran cut its the kind of verde limón side of the hybrid: huge colas a lot of production but not devastatingly powerful. I grew Destroyer many times even this feminized cut and remains me a lot the verde limón Michoacan traits. in my opinion destroyer its the master work of Cannabiogen
a sativa hybrid of the highest quality, where by doing a meticulous selection job you can find phenos that are authentic jewels in the world of sativas.

The above is in response to the many times I have been asked where I got the idea that the Mexican part of Destroyer was the Verde Limón Michoacana.
I have heard that it was also a relatively early pheno, but nothing better than the person in charge to know that.

I fully agree with the above-mentioned in his appreciations: the Verde Limón "phenos" of Destroyer are the earliest, most productive, suitable for indoors, and tasty (in my area, the "pineapple sugus" and the "pear sugus/compota" are named; in my opinion, Desfrán comes from the last one.
It is also the least psychoactively potent (but still a very good sativa plant).

I agree here in my experience with Funkyhorse in having obtained one Desfrán specimen among five, which was like industrial hemp without any resin, but I have also experienced this with Barneys Farm, Greennhouse, World of Seeds, Pyramid Seeds... I suspect that this could be due to the subcontracting of seed production to individuals with interiors in basements, who also produce seeds for bulk banks (suspicion without any experimental basis).

As for the Colombian part, I had heard about an early phenotype related to Punto Rojo and/or Pûrpura de Corinto (?).

Returning to the Cambodian subject, I would like you to allow me to summon here @dubi from A.C.E. to ask him what he knows about the Cambodian part of a Brazilian sativa hybrid that was marketed long ago in Spain as "Renata".

Cheers.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hola Señor elchischas
Me da la impresion que estas usando un traductor
Lo que intenté escribir es que estoy muy desilusionado con la basura en la que se transformó la genetica local que en mi caso es sudamericana pues estoy cultivando y viviendo en Sudamerica despues de vivir 30 años en Asia.
Hasta hace 10-12 años todavia quedaba decencia en Sudamerica. He fumado muchas veces lado a lado ladrillo paraguayo con ladrillo asiatico tanto en Sudamerica como en Asia y el paraguayo era un poco mejor, pero eran todas buenas calidades, incluso habia tandas triposas. Y cuando lo comparo con lo que encuentro en el mundo cannabico de las semillas, debido a la hibridacion yo encuentro que las geneticas y las calidades estan diluidas

Tu eres la segunda persona que describe esta Meao Thai como marihuana fria y ni se me ocurre a que se refieren con frio. Nunca escuche una definicion de frio o caliente para describir marihuana. Estoy muy interesado en probar esta Meao Thai en un par de meses a ver como pega y descubrir que es faso frio

Para mi es mas interesante cada una de las variedades puras que todo mezclado en un hibrido para buscar algun feno perdido

La cola violeta de la destroyer de donde viene? De la Meao Thai seguro que no. De la verde limon lo dudo muchisimo. Que clase de colombiana da esas colas violetas y le acorta el tiempo de floracion a la Destroyer será un enigma que quedará para la posteridad

Cuando yo uso u oigo el término, lo adjudico a una introspectividad exenta de lado alegre, y sin potenciar la interaccion social.
Este lado alegre, que puede llegar al extremo de lo euforico, y a la vez social, seria el término opuesto a "frio": "calido", "amable"...

De muchas Neviles Hazes he leido a consumidores usar el término "frío" (entre otros) al describir su psicoactividad.

Montuno

...como el Son...
i dont know what hell he say but it a catchy tune lol

Nahhh... The typical sibling squabble...I just remind my twin which one of us is the most handsome...

If it is that there is in the grace and salt I have taken all the good things... The Gypsy N is duller than a whitewashed wall: you only have to see the difference between his vacations abroad in luxury in the fast-paced and vicious Amsterdamn...

...with the last weekend that I was able to go down to Sánlucar de la Barrameda, in the van to steal melons at night and sell them during the day, loaded with the missus, the kids, and several other people who joined me, with the simple and humble intention of resting a little, relax a few hours on the sand, and eat a grilled spit at the most...

X15

Cool, it's my relative who still got the true Cambodian. I have to go see him for some seeds too.The difference between the Laos and the Cambodian is just that the Laos is spaced up between the buds... Once I got some seeds is when I could answer you just to be real OK?

The LAOS
View attachment 18724878
You can have my money too. 😁 looks amazing!

harvestreaper

Veteran
Nahhh... The typical sibling squabble...I just remind my twin which one of us is the most handsome...

If it is that there is

...with the last weekend that I was able to go down to Sánlucar de la Barrameda, in the van to steal melons at night and sell them during the day, loaded with the missus, the kids, and several other people who joined me, with the simple and humble intention of resting a little, relax a few hours on the sand, and eat a grilled spit at th

If it is that there is in the grace and salt I have taken all the good things... The Gypsy N is duller than a whitewashed wall: you only have to see the difference between his vacations abroad in luxury in the fast-paced and vicious Amsterdamn...

...with the last weekend that I was able to go down to Sánlucar de la Barrameda, in the van to steal melons at night and sell them during the day, loaded with the missus, the kids, and several other people who joined me, with the simple and humble intention of resting a little, relax a few hours on the sand, and eat a grilled spit at the most...

sounds like good ol fashion fun lol

elchischas

Veteran
The above is in response to the many times I have been asked where I got the idea that the Mexican part of Destroyer was the Verde Limón Michoacana.
I have heard that it was also a relatively early pheno, but nothing better than the person in charge to know that.

I fully agree with the above-mentioned in his appreciations: the Verde Limón "phenos" of Destroyer are the earliest, most productive, suitable for indoors, and tasty (in my area, the "pineapple sugus" and the "pear sugus/compota" are named; in my opinion, Desfrán comes from the last one.
It is also the least psychoactively potent (but still a very good sativa plant).

I agree here in my experience with Funkyhorse in having obtained one Desfrán specimen among five, which was like industrial hemp without any resin, but I have also experienced this with Barneys Farm, Greennhouse, World of Seeds, Pyramid Seeds... I suspect that this could be due to the subcontracting of seed production to individuals with interiors in basements, who also produce seeds for bulk banks (suspicion without any experimental basis).

As for the Colombian part, I had heard about an early phenotype related to Punto Rojo and/or Pûrpura de Corinto (?).

Returning to the Cambodian subject, I would like you to allow me to summon here @dubi from A.C.E. to ask him what he knows about the Cambodian part of a Brazilian sativa hybrid that was marketed long ago in Spain as "Renata".

Cheers.
Hola tío! Saludos!
Very true all this
Kaiki himself confirmed it to me, the destroyer that he was selling as feminized seed came from this same Argentine clone that was selected for its "power" and high production, but I am sure that it was more the size of the buds that motivated him to make a highly commercial product.
the Michoacán verde limón has never been one of those high potency Sativas, its maximum qualities come from the deep aromas of citrus fruits and dense colas, in addition to its relatively short flowering, its very easy cultivation, it is an extremely resistant weed and does not require large careful to obtain marijuana of respectable quality.

TheDarkStorm

I think all the legendary strains of the 60’s & 70’s are extinct…
Not necessaryly......I happen to have a very close friend who holds a 60's strain that is ridiculously potent....an the good thing is it has that effect soon as its dry.....dont need the tropics, dont need curing or bricking or other things....

As for the old chocolate tai/buddha type.....hopefully it shows up......hempys seems to come from those sort of types...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Curious what the strain is? Many trippy strains in the sixties, might have made an impact on hippies? On the extinct thing, some are for sure, but there are some still out there. It can take a lot of work to find some of them.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Are seeds of Verde Limon still commercially available ?
I've taken the liberty of redirecting you to this other thread:

(Musical interlude, only)
"...y al verde, Verde Limón..."
hqdefault.jpg

Thighland

This was sold to me in a BKK dispensary, it was called Khmer OG, but that's probably a name invented by the shop.

Quite a decent smoke, outdoor grown. Had a strong taste, possibly chlorophyll from ferts. Had several seeds which the freindly Budtender gave me, striped, big and rounder than any other seed I've seen.

How does one become a Budtender? Does it require a course in opening jars?

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_175937660.jpg
    IMG_20221031_175937660.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    945.8 KB · Views: 107

X15

Sup @Thighland ! The places that were in my area use to be largely family and friends of someone in shop. At least that’s what I noticed.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
from what ive been able to ascertain from study, laos wasnt as commercial as thailand with regards to pot back in the days of thai stick ,
though im sure once they eradicated that fields in thailand , that quickly changed ..
without doubt those thai sticks were grown in thailand , though admittedly in provinces that bordered laos, but definitely on the thailand side of the mekong,
but its well documented where those kilos and kilos of thai stick came from ..

there are some pictures around of laos weed at markets etc , it didnt look like it compared to the best thai sticks by a fair shot , but it was quite cheap...
Screenshot_20221102-104216_Instagram~2.jpg

$1.50 for 2 lbs Laotian market 1970s

Thighland

@Thighland
What exactly can you buy in a BKK dispensery and how's the pricing? Are there any certain rules for foreigners?
Cheers,stiff
You can get a whole lot of stuff with fancy names, whether it's actually what it's called is unknown. I've been unhappy up until now with quality, but today I got some Platinum OG at 350B a gm which is good.

There are no restrictions on foreigners, it's all very liberal. Dispensaries everywhere, street stalls even, but you must be over 20.

Latest posts

Latest posts