What's new

California Trucker wants to know?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend wants to know how much weed a day can be consumed before it will show up in a piss test? Also has anyone heard if a California med patient trucker can now be excused from the drug testing after obtaining a doctors certificate? Thanks Dr. Duck.

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
doobieduck said:
Also has anyone heard if a California med patient trucker can now be excused from the drug testing after obtaining a doctors certificate?

hi doobieduck.. in 2005 the CA supreme court ruled that employers do have the right to terminate an employee for failing a drug test, even if that person has a legal medical mj recommendation. the case is Ross v. Ragingwire Telecommunications, Inc. gary ross sued for wrongful termination and violation of the California's Fair Employment and Housing Act. but the state supreme court defeated his lawsuit, using federal mj law as the reason. ASA and several other groups have joined gary ross's lawsuit to overturn this decision. as it stands now, patients can be fired for failing drug tests, until this case is heard again. hopefully gary will win his lawsuit so patients will be protected from termination.

so, as it stands, there is no statute that says truckers can be excused from drug testing. if you come up dirty, your company has the right to terminate you. sorry brother.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank Mars for a quick reply!

Thank Mars for a quick reply!

Hey thank you for your reply. My friend is a private trucker with his own truck. He has to submit to a piss test every once in awhile un-announced. If the drug is legal in our state then he should be exempt from the test with a medical certificate? One would assume? But with this law one is not to assume anything that makes sense? Correct? See Ya...Dr. Duck.

roorer

doobieduck said:
If the drug is legal in our state then he should be exempt from the test with a medical certificate? One would assume? But with this law one is not to assume anything that makes sense? Correct? See Ya...Dr. Duck.

So far, the courts have ruled that Prop 215 merely offers a "limited immunity" from prosecution, not a "civil right" to use marijuana.

As for how much weed a day before it shows up, let's just say that ANY amount per day will stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

mmm420socal

IIRC the "threshold" for a clean test is 50ppm THC in your blood... any higher and yer dirty.

But I could be wrong.

M

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Users

Thanks Users

Thank you all for your input. I will pass it on to my truckin friend. Dr. Duck

Last edited:
d.o.t. dosent care how much you have in your system. if it shows up on their test you're fucked. start looking for a new line of work. they can test urine on the roadside for any or no reason and yank your c.d.l. on the spot for being dirty. rember this is America, you have no rights.