What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU

California Outdoor: TK Haze, Cheese 'n Chong, SSSTN

alvin88

I've been lagging on starting this journal but here we go.

I have:
6 TK Haze (Triangle Kush x SSSDH)
4 Cheese n Chong (UK Cheese x Casey Jones)
1 SSSTN (Thai x Neville x SSSDH)

All started on my birthday March 7 inside, then brought outside in 1gallon pots April 1, and then to their final 400gal homes on May 1.

For nutrients they have only been top dressed with Nutririch chicken manure pellets and Dr Earth BioLive, and compost tea every 2 weeks. I will add more Nutririch as needed and supplement with bat guano during flower. Probably feed some fish emulsion over the next month of major growth.

These are the biggest healthiest plants I've ever grown!! Most of them are 5-6 feet tall. One Cheese n Chong is already reaching 8ft. The old timers around here have a saying "For 10lb plants, head high by 4th of July"

Start with the TK Hazes. 5 of them have what looks like to me, a more TK or SD leaning leaf and structure. Darker, more webbed fan leaves and branches that want to grow straight up rather than out sideways.

20240630_142742.jpg
20240630_142758.jpg
20240630_142809.jpg
20240630_142935.jpg
20240630_142952.jpg

However this one pictured is taller, thinner, paler, makes me think it's more Haze leaning.
20240630_142722.jpg

alvin88

Finally the SSSTN. This one is very branchy and wide. And doesn't have the narrowest leaves in the garden like I thought it might. Super interested in this one.
20240630_143144.jpg

And the garden shot. I removed 2 trees that had really overgrown the space, it gets full sun now! Except that one plant in the back corner but I can't fix that. Honestly the plants will probably be overgrown into eachother by mid August haha 😄

20240630_143312.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
30 day difference here. Explosive growth!! And that oak tree is trying to make a comeback!
View attachment 19025959
Wow what lovely bushes and strains , going to be fun to watch, 30 day difference looks amazing .

I dream 1 day of growing outdoor bushes like yours , indoor only for me due to laws.

Thanks for starting a thread , we will all enjoy watching the show

alvin88

I've been super busy at my job this year (commercial farm) but I will take plenty of pictures during and after harvest! Sorry for the lack of progress pics!

The big news though is....the lone SSSTN is the pearl pheno!! She is a 12ft tall monster that I'm guessing will need another 45-60 days. I have no idea really though. Definitely was hoping for an earlier finishing, bigger yielding plant...but I am mega excited to try (and have a huge stash of) some extreme sativa

20241014_155624.jpg
20241014_155419.jpg
20241014_155426.jpg

Maria Sanchez

12' pearl pheno SSSTN!! OMG! :love:
From that first pic, a little distance, looks like a stand of bamboos.
These pics need to be shown when people talk about pearl phenos in the future, haha!

Maria Sanchez

Can you judge harvest time by the overall condition of the calyxes and trichomes?
When the oldest calyxes are degrading faster than new calyxes are coming out, and most of the calyxes are still in good condition with milky/white heads?
She'll probably just keep putting out new pistils forever, but have to watch for the condition of the older ones and overall quality.
That's what I used to do for some very crazy long flowering plants I had a long time ago.
Just my 2c worth.
Sure OJD will be able to give you some much better advice.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ojd any tips on a harvest date for that SSSTN?

For reference l will be harvesting the Cheese n Chong this week, and the TK Haze looks like it wants 2-3 weeks more. View attachment 19083918
So the wildest rare Pearl pheno is going to need the full run to give the goods , looking like December harvest if your season goes that long ? As this the wildest ( Pearl) pheno we run from the SSSTN.

So as I mention to people and descriptions online this more rare Pearl pheno( I was calling Gringspoon type pheno) is either going to be a dream come true for those die hard 100% Sativa fans or nightmare for more looking for the 50/50 pheno of Thai Nevil/ SSSDH.
I've never grown or smoked a plant as pure Sativa than the Pearl phenos we found (3 Pearl's from 5 packs) but it weighs surprisingly much more than it looks. ( I'm guessing Resin as never seen a wild thing like this glisten as much) I not grown many landraces so you guys might of , but 1st run was looking like the bin , was a few hairs and no Resin early in flower around 4 weeks ( I dont bin any from Seed I run them all even if looking sparse, long flowering, whatever, they get run 1st time whatever) but later into flower the Resin build up was incredible, stems everything were coated and the most amazing Mint/,Thai like Terp that reminds me of all C Haze heavy phenos ( Pine, Lime,Lemon) but a superior Terpene that was like the Purest Thai like I've ever smelled , taste it to , with nothing else mixed in , the High was the Cleanest ,Clearest High I've ever experienced myself, and was worth all the other things ( small yield, wild growth , etc)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pollinated the Pearl clone with the Chem d Madness Male ( Chem d clone only x NH21 X Mullumbimby Madness Male) if any of you die hard Pearl Chasers want to run and document your grow online for us your welcome to a pack or 2 if you got more room to run both packs at once

alvin88

I figured it would be a Dec harvest. Decent shot of making it. While I was hoping for a 50/50 pheno, I'm super excited to have a pearl pheno! I wanted to dedicate more of my space to sativas but with only 12 pots it's usually an unwise use of space. Happy accident though!

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I figured it would be a Dec harvest. Decent shot of making it. While I was hoping for a 50/50 pheno, I'm super excited to have a pearl pheno! I wanted to dedicate more of my space to sativas but with only 12 pots it's usually an unwise use of space. Happy accident though!
Yes I understand, space and plant limits are tough.
Yeah it's a shame you didn't get 1 of the other 50/50 phenos as an outdoor run like that would be amazing , with incredible yields and colas

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about the Cheese n Chong and Triangle Kush Haze, how did they do this season outdoor ?