What's new

Calcium Deficiency?

Rooster067

Hi Guys! New guy here. I just noticed one of the Bubble Gum photos I have going developed signs of a deficiency. Looking through Joe's Fresh Guide in the sticky threads, it looks like it might be Calcium? She's 8 weeks old at this point, growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, and being fed Fox Farm nutrients. At this point, I'm feeding the recommended levels of Grow Big, Big Bloom, and CalMag, from their feeding chart. From the start, I only fed about half the recommended amount due to using the "hot" soil, for the first 4 weeks or so. But they are getting the full amount now, twice a week, and the recommended dose of CalMag when I water between feedings. I have three of these going, and all three get fed and watered about the same, although this particular one is 9 days ahead of the other two, and may have gotten an extra watering or two because it uses a little more water than the other two smaller ones.
Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240521_085446.jpg
    20240521_085446.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240521_085706.jpg
    20240521_085706.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 20

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi Guys! New guy here. I just noticed one of the Bubble Gum photos I have going developed signs of a deficiency. Looking through Joe's Fresh Guide in the sticky threads, it looks like it might be Calcium? She's 8 weeks old at this point, growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, and being fed Fox Farm nutrients. At this point, I'm feeding the recommended levels of Grow Big, Big Bloom, and CalMag, from their feeding chart. From the start, I only fed about half the recommended amount due to using the "hot" soil, for the first 4 weeks or so. But they are getting the full amount now, twice a week, and the recommended dose of CalMag when I water between feedings. I have three of these going, and all three get fed and watered about the same, although this particular one is 9 days ahead of the other two, and may have gotten an extra watering or two because it uses a little more water than the other two smaller ones.
Let me know what you think, Thanks!
Do a pour-thur and test the runoff. It looks like light burn to me but I don't know for sure without a pour-thru test. Adding fertilizer over time can lower the pH if you don't watch it closely.