What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

C5 Haze in the seed form

Nexus7

Chimera's Sweet Skunk

Chimera's Sweet Skunk

I thought Chimera's Sweet Skunk parent was believed to be a pure NL5xHaze variety rather than SPG x NL5/haze or Island Sweet Skunk (SPGxSkunk)?

Does Chimera's SS defintely have SPG in it?

N7

Nexus7

I'd like to know how Ft. Collins Cough, AKA Colorado Cough, an elite Nl5Hz clone from the 1990s, compares to C5 and other Nl5Hz variants. Anyone here smoked or grown both?

Court Collars cough (NL5xHaze) is another variety that appears on phylos. It has an identical clone designated NL5xMalwai which is just a mislabeled NL5xhaze. It's genetically related to all the Nevil work too.

There is no reason why the elite 90's NLxHz cough clone or any good NYC piff cut isn't every bit as good or even better as these Nevil hand-selected clones. It just depends on ones personal taste. After all they have the same parents!

Apologies if you were wanting specifics I'm not familiar with that one.

N7

herbgreen

Veteran
Breeder Steve explains the Sweet skunk story in this interview worth a listen

https://soundcloud.com/the_pot_cast/breeder-steve-of-seeds-of-life

The Pot Cast
Episode 33 ft Breeder Steve From Spice Of Life Seeds

Sweet Skunk is a also a favorite of mine, the #10 clone Steve selected was the more Haze dom phenotype that he found in the accidental SPG x NL5/Haze seeds he had. He first thought it was an accidental cross made with an Big Skunk male, once her name despite having no Skunk in the lineage.

The aroma is citrus/ slight grapefruit like smell mixed with wood and incense.

I thought Chimera's Sweet Skunk parent was believed to be a pure NL5xHaze variety rather than SPG x NL5/haze or Island Sweet Skunk (SPGxSkunk)?

Does Chimera's SS defintely have SPG in it?

N7

Positive 3rd eye has it right but its been while since I listened to that potcast w/breeder steve

Its in there!

I do believe he ended up with two hazy phenos at the end and the #10 clone is one of those final selections out of grapefruit/NLHz

best recollection but like I said Its a good listen for sure :biggrin:

mexicani-ar

Bodhi used the Sweet Skunk by Breeder Steve in his Strange Brew ( sweet skunk x snow lotus), I grew it a while back, very cerebral, smelled like spices and lemons mixed together.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ahh. The ‘haze of our lives’. Love reading these threads. One step forward and two big steps back.

OTH x Meao Thai

picture.php

Can’t wait to start the A5 x Malawi and Super Malawi haze.

THH

picture.php

Just rolling after a month plus cure...good gawd. Can’t wait for month 3+

Charles-scott

Veteran
I actually am one of the few guys who knew both Nevil and Sam in the past couple of decades, I will say all BS aside Nevil respected Sam and said he absolutely got what he paid for when he purchased the seeds from him I think he said so in public also, he said Sam would never represent anything that was not authentic.
Nevil was an interesting Cat he was certainly motivated by self-interest and was known to talk with a forked tongue that said it was all part of the experience of knowing Nevil RIP.
Sam is a totally different character and never speaks with a forked tongue will do what he says and says what he means and kisses no asses no-nonsense man.
The Cannabis genetics scene globally would be so different without these two meeting and taking things in different directions.
Sam did so much on a deeper level that many don't know about helped lay down the normalization of Cannabis research and influenced cannabis in so many ways and of course, he supplied Nevil with the tools to build some historical pieces.
Nevil passing is a sign of the aging out of many pioneers who are a wealth of knowledge now is the time to ask those questions and learn what the Og's have to offer and pay respect where its due .
As a community, we are often fractured over silly things or tough words .
Not worth it in another 15-20 years who knows where the community will be .

Sending Goods vibes and lots of Love

CDS

Piff_cat

nev told the same story and breeding observations from day 1 that he bought the oldest haze seeds sam had even described each plant which germinated. to my knowledge sam has denied and changed story many times on the provenance of what nevil bought claiming they were repo done in holland. sam has deep knowledge of haze and definitly knows exactly what the seed were he sold to nevil. for some reason he refuses to share this information. why???

SativaScience

" We managed to salvage a few seeds from the last crop grown in America". Is what Nevil originally said in the seedbank catalog about the haze he used.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
nev told the same story and breeding observations from day 1 that he bought the oldest haze seeds sam had even described each plant which germinated. to my knowledge sam has denied and changed story many times on the provenance of what nevil bought claiming they were repo done in holland. sam has deep knowledge of haze and definitly knows exactly what the seed were he sold to nevil. for some reason he refuses to share this information. why???
he has shared the information on many occasions ,
all you have to do is look piffy ,
he clearly said not much original haze seed was made ,
so there is no chance he was going to share it ,
there definitely was not thousands of them ,,

the idea he sold haze from 69 is just not flying ,
since as he has said on several occasions
the guys he called haze brothers were not breeders ,
they were growers , they made the seeds to grow themselves ,
they didnt have anything else in mind than that .....

harvestreaper

Veteran
good plants come from good plants neither sam or nevile created haze ,as most of us know that fact the arguments and hero worship are simply nuts lol ,,,,,,,if anyone is provided with good genetics they have a chance to breed good plants ,all breeding is about genetics you cant select a thoroughbred out of a pack of donkeys no matter how hard you try lol ,,also a persons value for truth varies greatly between individuals and what a person lies about in one time of there life they may tell truth of at another,, its the same way with the diffrent people they talk to and has nothing to do with genetics ,,,,please exuse me ,,this post was directlly influence by haze ,,peace

Latest posts

Latest posts