What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Buenos NEW 150w HPS Tent Grow

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty plants! I like the CJ spikey/foxtail look on the buds.

Thank you!

I have grown a few CJ seeds and got two females both are pictured in this thread and both were spikey looking with foxtails.

The first one I grew looked a good bit danker/frostier but we will have to wait and see how this newer one smokes.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So traditional horizontal scrog it is this round.

Pretty ghetto the screen isnt mounted to anything its just laying on the tops of the plants and a couple strings holding it down to the grow bags to keep the plants from pushing the screen upward.

Transplanted the WHT and BB from 1/2 gallon grow bags to 2 gallon grow bags last night and installed the screen this morning.

Will be flipping to 12/12 VERY soon within a day or two.

Heres some crappy HPS yellow pics. The White on left, Blackberry Kush on right.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rootidec

Veteran
yeah bueno, nice scrog setup!! :)

after this run I'm introducing scrog too, less hassle to water... :)
I'm thinking modular scrog, with batches of two very low profile pots each month - only problem I'll have to veg outside of the tent, which hosts current run and can't do but 12/12...
I'll be watching, best props mate ;)

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol no remorse for the girls getting squished under the screen eh Bueno??? :p

Nope no remorse, they had been topped and FIMd several times and LSTd during veg so they were partially ready to be mashed under a screen but definitely more flat now.

Had those two plants veg under a single 42w daylight CFL for a good 2 months or more probably a month or more in the 16oz beer cups before I went to the 1/2 gallon bags before just transplanting to 2 gallon bags. The roots had used up almost all the available space in the 1/2 gallon bags before transplanting.

yeah bueno, nice scrog setup!! :)

after this run I'm introducing scrog too, less hassle to water... :)
I'm thinking modular scrog, with batches of two very low profile pots each month - only problem I'll have to veg outside of the tent, which hosts current run and can't do but 12/12...
I'll be watching, best props mate ;)

Thank you.

I have tried a scrog once before on my 1st/2nd grow ever years ago and have not since, always have wanted to again and it worked out well with the plants being over vegged to flower out traditionally with my available height in the flowering tent and they were too big for the veg tent to stay in there they were almost to the roof and touching the bulb.

So I slapped em under a piece of scrap screen I had laying around total cost $0.00. :dance013:

Also one thing I had in mind like you is less watering duty. :woohoo:

SOG is nice but damn it sucked to me to water that many plants every 2-3 days.

I can leave the scrog in the tent and just water two containers and they should go days between waterings.

I am lazy...

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Screen is filling in nicely. Today is day 9 12/12

Here are pics taken a couple days ago of the BB WHT SCROG @ day 7 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also just waiting on PK to finish drying and then I can post up final weights per strain and total weight. Going to post some pics of the different buds of each strain too when they all get some jar time.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weights are all in.

OD LAV 5.5g, PLAT 8g, ID LAV 7.9g, WHT 10.1g, BB 9.4g, SK 10g, JC 14.2g, DHOG 19.4g, CJ 16.7g, PK 4.9g = 101.6g/3.78oz total yield.

But technically the Outdoor LAV (5.5g) wasnt in the 150 tent, so under the 150w this round I got 96.1g/3.4oz/.64gpw not too bad could do better though.

joekites

Hi Bueno,
Excellent looking grows you have going in this tent. I am actually about to pick up the same one and have a question regarding your setup. Apologies if you have discussed this, I've looked through the entire thread and have seen some conflicting into.

What are you using to ventilate and control odor? I was planning on getting a carbon filter similar to the size you are using and a suitable fan/inline fan to create the necessary negative pressure. However, it almost looks like you are using a PC fan to exhaust? I also read a few pages into this thread that the PC fan is not powerful enough to effectively push air through the carbon filter...

If you don't mind, could you provide a little more info on your ventilation system and the fan you are using? For me, effective odor control is going to be very important, but I also do not want to use too powerful a fan for such a small tent (I was not even considering using a PC fan - was leaning towards a small inline but don't know if it will be too powerful). Worried that a smaller PC fan or regular ducting fan won't be strong enough to deodorize effectively. Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Great plants! Very inspiring...

joekites

Hi Bueno,
Excellent looking grows you have going in this tent. I am actually about to pick up the same one and have a question regarding your setup. Apologies if you have discussed this, I've looked through the entire thread and have seen some conflicting into.

What are you using to ventilate and control odor? I was planning on getting a carbon filter similar to the size you are using and a suitable fan/inline fan to create the necessary negative pressure. However, it almost looks like you are using a PC fan to exhaust? I also read a few pages into this thread that the PC fan is not powerful enough to effectively push air through the carbon filter...

If you don't mind, could you provide a little more info on your ventilation system and the fan you are using? For me, effective odor control is going to be very important, but I also do not want to use too powerful a fan for such a small tent (I was not even considering using a PC fan - was leaning towards a small inline but don't know if it will be too powerful). Worried that a smaller PC fan or regular ducting fan won't be strong enough to deodorize effectively. Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Great plants! Very inspiring...

Hey Bueno, I reread through some posts and looked up the fan you are using. Do you find 80 CFM to be enough to exchange enough air and is effective in eliminating odor?

Also, in the lighting department, do you think its possible to run a 250w in there? Or you think the max is 150?

Thanks!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great shit bro keep it coming

Looking awesome buddy.

Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Hey Bueno, I reread through some posts and looked up the fan you are using. Do you find 80 CFM to be enough to exchange enough air and is effective in eliminating odor?

Also, in the lighting department, do you think its possible to run a 250w in there? Or you think the max is 150?

Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by.

The 80cfm Panasonic Whisper does well for me with the 150 HPS. I would suggest a higher cfm 4 or 6" inline for a 250 in this tent.

Also if 100% odor control is needed in your situation like it is in mine do not skimp out on the carbon filter.

I learned my lesson I bought a 4"x18" ebay carbon filter for $60 and it was garbage. I could smell the plants in veg and early flower already with it installed so I spent what I should have in the first place and got a Mountain Air 6" x 20" I cant remember. Here is the one I got, it is not the higher flow mountain air with the thinner carbon bed its the original 2" thick carbon version http://www.activepowersports.com/mountain-air-carbon-filter-622/ It cost me $180 but was absolutely worth the money I have 100% odor control with this filter and alot more peace of mind that comes with that.

I would also highly recommend the 8" passive intake mod I did to the tent using the HTG supply 8" duct flange kit I bought for like $16-18 off ebay well worth the money. Much more efficent intake location and size it cooled the temps in the tent down several degrees I wouldnt run one of these tents without it now that I have done the mod.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with and hopefully this helped you a bit. :tiphat:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took some pics of the different strains in curing stages. Some of the pics didnt turn out that great but you can get an idea hopefully.

Blackberry Kush

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php