What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Buds turning brown and dies right before harvest

Rocket Soul

Yes i thought i learned from previous problems, but got too comfortable again so o did what you said. I cut them down without even a proper flush and will make the best of it and learn. Im would gladely take recommendations of your favorite mold resistant strains from you guys.
Pink kush was an amazing plant i had for 7 years alive and it never molded. Lovely narcotic weed that will make you eat until you sleep.
One thing ive heard great things about in a sterile hydro situation is milk spraying the plant as prevention. Before budset of course and making sure that you dont get a humidity spike; its best done outside of your tent and maybe one at a time. The spray is part milk, water and bicarbonate i think: the milk feeds lactobacillus bacteria which then grows harmlessly on the plant which can outcompete other pathogens. Supposably it has more uses, some use it in SIPS in the bottom res due to combating anerobic growth.
Hedge: never tried it myself so own risk, my growbuddy i grow with takes no chances and uses sulfur for mold and pm. Youd have to look around for proportions and do some research yourself, ive seen threads on a few forums. At least its something you can check out.

Bushtown

One thing ive heard great things about in a sterile hydro situation is milk spraying the plant as prevention. Before budset of course and making sure that you dont get a humidity spike; its best done outside of your tent and maybe one at a time. The spray is part milk, water and bicarbonate i think: the milk feeds lactobacillus bacteria which then grows harmlessly on the plant which can outcompete other pathogens. Supposably it has more uses, some use it in SIPS in the bottom res due to combating anerobic growth.
Hedge: never tried it myself so own risk, my growbuddy i grow with takes no chances and uses sulfur for mold and pm. Youd have to look around for proportions and do some research yourself, ive seen threads on a few forums. At least its something you can check out.
Oh right the sulfur hotbox? I have been thinking to buy that before when i had repeating problems with thrips, it does kill mold aswell, not only insects ? This is my next buy for sure. Seems like great stuff, and a better advice than spraying with milk it seems to me

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
The worst part is that you are suspicious even with the non visually molded buds and it kindof ruins the vibe. But im staying positive and learning from this and moving onward forward.
Just remove the affected parts, and the rest will be fine.

1723848582674.png

For instance, the part between the lines is perfectly fine to smoke. As long as it doesn't look infected, it isn't.