What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bubble Buckets ???

AndytheCelt

Well it'd certainly be slow enough, as for whether it'd be powerful enough there's only one way to tell really and that's to grab one in your hands and see how easily you can stop it. The motor in the new tumbler I'm putting together is a windscreen wiper motor. By running it from a multi voltage transformer I'll be able to set it to various speeds and a wiper motor can handle surprisingly high loads and still run for day after day without struggling.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Nice one, a windscreen wiper motor, lol. I also thought the tunring mechanism from an old microwave...but then i thought that was stupid.

AndytheCelt

I've ripped a microwave apart to get at one so if that's stupid then I'm as guilty as you. The trouble is the motors in microwaves run on weird voltages like 8.6V. Nowhere near as easy to get a transformer. With 12V it's easy, I've picked them up in pound shops in the past.

great stuff cargo,so do you scoop the trim out before you get to the hash?or the trim is seperate from the hash??

i'm building this asap,thanks for sharing,I cant afford the bags yet but hope to get some for christmas :)

lord siva

HC did you have to by your mesh by the bolt. The link that i followed would not let me place an order of less that 30 yards.

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
yup, sorry all are too late ,

looks like they dont sell in yards no more. 30+ only.
well just keep looking for dif distributor.
they out there.every big city has one ,im sure
or a print store,they will sell any size piece

good luck

peace

Sleepy

Veteran
here's one...

here's one...

click this link:dickblick

this link will send you to a supplier. they have monofilament & other screen materials used for silkscreen printing.--42"X36"
catchy name, eh.? :biglaugh:

measurements are TPI(thread per inch) i don't know how that transletes into microns...sorry.

lord siva

Story of my life.lol I have 2 larger grades of mesh that used for dry siving, i just have to get my lazy ass to the city for the rest of them, if i remember the screens were sized in xx not by thread count so i will post my findings for all. Thank you HC for this thread and your help.

Danknuggler

why can't I see the pics of the bubble buckets. did the mod make it so they can't be seen? is this a conflict of interest since bubbleman is the mod here? you know like when your at a breeders website's forums and anybody who posts a competitors name in a thread is turned into asterix's. just wondering not trying to stir up anything really. Nuggler Now I know!

Last edited:
G

bubble bucket 8 bucket tower

bubble bucket 8 bucket tower

So couldnt I use 5 gallon buckets. 8 different size screens like bubble bags. The buckets fit inside eachother. Intsall pegs half way up each bucket to hold the next.

Load the bubblelator with the zipperbag. Then drain through the bucket/tower and the last bucket drains to waste or collection.

This way all the hash is harvested at once and save alot of time. :chin: