What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Britain's Baked Beans, Idea for free seed collective

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
the seeds may be legal in the uk, but ripping off a trademarked logo will land you in trouble quickly. You have only been around for a short time, not many people would give you any postal addys. Anyone that did would be breaching the site tou not to mention their own security. You also appear to be making a request for elite genes to be sent to you for the purpose, even if someone decided to go along with that, what postal info could you give out that wouldnt compromise your security. You talk of logos, whose paying for the advertising of such logos. there are ways around most of these issues, but I havent seen you address them yet.

C

cork144

heh yea you always have to make somthing new when your going to be doing somthing like this.

if you gift to seedbay, they can give them as freebies with seed orders, thatway you dont have to compromise anybodys security at all.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
advertising?

Costs?

These are free beans, and i'll print off a tiny label on my home computer and cut them out, not really that expensive

The clone angle has been dropped, so no need for address swapping and i have a nice selection of free seeds to get started

Ripping off the baked beans thing, hhmm, would they really ever know? This isn't like launching a massive company this is just a bedroom grower making some beans and giving them out for free.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
how are you giving them out? if you are merely sending them into seedbay, then where is the collective?

dude--
i just think it looks cool----

maybe 1 lion on red background would work,,

also --so much of britains past is part of the U S of A thinking

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
the man to talk to is JLP...he's been doing what your talking about for years..and on here with permission of course.(his a moderator)..and I think he has stopped..Due to the issues op has mentioned...Especially the postage cost..

peace
Chefboy

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Right, here's a cheaper alternative ;) for all the naysayers
bbbcheapo.jpg

daddy fingaz

When I started growing 6 months ago I was gifted some White Diesel and Sour diesel IBL beans, from a very kind grower who was concerned about my partners health condition. It was a lovely gift and I want to continue to free the seed, and spread them around.
What do you guys think?

That was a lovely gift indeed!!

good luck with this bro....it all starts from a little seed!!:joint:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Definately agree with almost all of the sentiments above. Respect to you for wanting to help the community to grow, just be careful. Stick around for a while, get a grow diary on the go. When you've been giving in Seedbay freebies a while and built trust with people, you never know what might happen.

I do know there are genetics zipping around my locality left right and centre, collectives not so much in name, but in ideals. Then you have collectives like Fritillary who have been practicing what you preach for a while, so you're definately not alone in your quest to spread the herb!

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Cheers guys and I shall heed the warnings about personal safety especially as I'm based in the UK. :)

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Hey Big beans,
Nothing wrong w/ wanting to give back some positive karma my friend. Just be safe and be smart. Im sure when you have some intersting crosses finished, like the ones you have mentioned, the Bay will be glad to help you get them out to other members as freebies. Best part is you dont have to worry about all the postage or security issues. Just my :2cents:

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Hey Big beans,
Nothing wrong w/ wanting to give back some positive karma my friend. Just be safe and be smart. Im sure when you have some intersting crosses finished, like the ones you have mentioned, the Bay will be glad to help you get them out to other members as freebies. Best part is you dont have to worry about all the postage or security issues. Just my :2cents:

Thanks mate. I have 5 DrP Myst3ry beans just popped now. I'll keep guys updted on here.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Hey NA. Have you bred an outdoor strain?
I'd be very interested to hear your findings. Let me know if I got the wrong end of the stick from your sig. :)