What's new

Breeding under fluorescents?

Guest423

Veteran
:confused: it was definatly your strain, a 7-8 week strain wouldn't take 13 weeks to finish just because it was under fluoros, and if your soil is cold it's gonna slow down growth no matter what light you use, this thread is talking about breeding and making seeds.....peace

G

If your question is something like will it fuck up the genetics, it wont, doesnt make the seeds small or anything,you wont get as many seeds but I'm sure that you can make as many as you need. I want to get into breeding for money, whats the requirements for Seedbay, as far as location?

thanks time it's little but the bloom room is bigger :yoinks: and there is nothing wrong with the seeds it's a quick way to get soem seeds or run some numbers for breeding :bat: my f1's are afghan berries and the seed's will be the range of 1000 i beat

this a peak at my f1 one i let outside for a walk he he :bat: stay safe man

Guest423

Veteran
Dank1 said:
If your question is something like will it fuck up the genetics, it wont, doesnt make the seeds small or anything,you wont get as many seeds but I'm sure that you can make as many as you need. I want to get into breeding for money, whats the requirements for Seedbay, as far as location?

my main question was, i was wondering if the flouro's light would be strong enough to make good strong healthy seeds. i knew genetics and everything would be passed on like normal but i didn't want to veg for 2-3 weeks then make seeds for 50-60 days just to have them not germinate from improper lighting.

the other question was would i still get a decent amount of seeds cutting my veg time in half and using less light...normally i veg for 30 days and use a 400w light, instead i want to only veg for 10 days and use flouros.

last time i got 500-600 beans per plant, i don't need that many, and don't want to use the xtra watts and space....so flouros with short veg would be perfect....ya dig?

thanks everyone for the advice and confidence to go ahead and try this out!

beancounter

Veteran
Ok, T2U, I know you're already convinced, but for example, I just harvest about 300-400 seeds from a plant vegged for about 2 weeks. But it was a 50/50 hybrid and wasn't a huge stretcher.

I also find it helps to top plants/clones under floros, 2-4 tops is best, as you want as much buds up within a few inches of the lights to get the most from your floros. topping is also good for strong sativas with a ton of stretch.

Anyways, I love the results and I find it the best way to keep my HID crops sinsi while saving energy and space.

good luck in your endevor.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
watch out for the pollen id get a filter on the lil box if your going to make one, pollen is a TRICKY SNEAKY bitch. it gets EVERYWHERE!?!>!!>!>!>???!?!

Guest423

Veteran
thanks beancounter- sounds like you got more then enough seeds, thats great! yes i will be topping, i've always been a fan of topping or FIM'ing, especially for breeding since it will give you more bud sites for more seeds. can't go wrong with keepin your hid crop sensi while still making seeds and breeding in the closet!

jaykush- pollen can spread like wild fire, think about how far travels outside, good advice for anyone that is just getting started with pollenation, it can ruin your sensi crop quick!! i've done breeding a few times so i'm well aware, just never tried it with a short veg and flouros!

thanks guys

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Got a nice little Blue Streak male under my shoplight, he's about to bust his nuts. Seem to to be doing fine under 80 watts of flouros. Plenty of enough pollen for what I need. Pollen sacs for days.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
once males get flowering they dont need almost any light to continue there cycle. you can cut a branch stick it in water and watch it drop pollen just as if it was on the plant.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
well all i can say is I have a friend who grows using fluros. surprising decent weed and makes his own seeds. the seeds I grew from him were incredible. if something was a detriment you couldn't prove it by the end results.

G

Why dont you try to make Fems, Its actually really easy, but not all strains will do it. PM me amd I will share with ya, but like I said I intend on breeding for money so I'm not going to publically let this cat out of the bag. I actually found it on accadient, then I looked into it and its fem pollen.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how can you breed with fems. the male population would be a discrace. the only point in fems is for people who are too lazy or paranoid to start a few more seeds to get the females they need. when it comes to breeding, you NEVER fuck with the male. a lot of good genes come from them to you know.

as for breeding for $$$, total bullshit in my eyes.

G

cat out of the bag? One breeder wrote an article on how to femanise seeds along time ago bro...

your cat is gone. the cat has been gone for a long time, and that lump in your bag is bullshit.

G

Maybe to you but there are people out there who dont know, I do it without using chems and you can still smoke the weed, and the reason for making fems is so that nobody can steal my genetics, and offer stable genetics. If everyone knows then why arent their only female seeds, whats the point in selling seeds if somebody can buy them fom you and offer or make their own seeds of the same variety, thats not smart. I think that most people who grow want sensimellia so why offer the posability of males that most people are going to kill, not to say that there isn't an upside to buying non fem seeds for the consumer but thats not good for the producer, its still not like it will make them buy a batch of new seeds every grow, but they cant stabalize a pheno and call it something else, all plants would be basically a clone of the mother

What is Bullsit? one plant can produce over 500 seeds, at $5 a seed thats 1500 dollars from one plant, hows that for a cash crop. :canabis:

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
Dank1 said:
Maybe to you but there are people out there who dont know, I do it without using chems and you can still smoke the weed, and the reason for making fems is so that nobody can steal my genetics, and offer stable genetics. If everyone knows then why arent their only female seeds, whats the point in selling seeds if somebody can buy them fom you and offer or make their own seeds of the same variety, thats not smart. I think that most people who grow want sensimellia so why offer the posability of males that most people are going to kill, not to say that there isn't an upside to buying non fem seeds for the consumer but thats not good for the producer, its still not like it will make them buy a batch of new seeds every grow, but they cant stabalize a pheno and call it something else, all plants would be basically a clone of the mother

What is Bullsit? one plant can produce over 500 seeds, at $5 a seed thats 1500 dollars from one plant, hows that for a cash crop. :canabis:

LOL.. dude, keep this thread on topic.

G

i would rather buy regular seeds so i can get true females and not end up with a room full of hermies. so you must know the secret to stressing a female into going hermie, then pollinating regular females. oh shit, did i let the cat out of the bag?
breeding should be about increasing the availability of quality genetics. you have to know what you are doing and know about the particular strains you are growing. breeders like rez and reef have a passion for what they do and breed extremely good genetics. thats why they are able to breed for commercial reasons, not because they can make like 1500 a plant.

Dank1 said:

Actually that's 2500 dollars, seems you need to brush up on your math too.

G

lol, I guess I shouldn't drink beer and type.

Its not like a hermie plant, the pollen sacks are not the same, and its not a hermie plant, a hermie is a hermie from the get go, I've delt with hermie plants and this happend to my best girls wich were "true" females. it the same style Soma uses, theres the cat go googlwe away. When you buy Soma's fem seeds there femeinized the same way. All of my "true" females did this and it was on an accident, I didn't know what they were at first because they're not typical pollen sacks they look like dead dry pollen sacks, this is not making a female into a hermie if it was the seeds would have a 50/50 cahnce of being hermie wich is worse than regular seeds. You can get the rare male but it's not likely thats why most companys offer 99% feminized seeds.

I guess that I'm more picky than some, when it comes to pheno's. I only want to offer the best pheno for each strain. Why have the rest when you can have the best?

Dude you need to get off you high horse as far as Rez and money goes, dont think for a minute that he doesn't make a ton of money from seeds, he might not say it but thats why he sells seeds, all cannabiz owners have a love for the plant, but they realize that there is money in it.Where do you think he got the money to move? That doesnt mean that they dont love what they do it just means that they harness its potential, thats just the way it works some people think seedbay and some think seed company. I dont intend to offer seeds any time soon, I want to satbilize the strains by pollinating the best females with the best males, and repeat this for a few crops, just like the big companies do, I probably wont make it big but it will be extra income.

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
Hey T2U, check out the 'resinous male' thread in the breeder section, I posted some pics of some of the males and females flower/seeded under floros.

That female Blockhead clone will produce about 100-150 seeds in a 4" pot.

Latest posts

Latest posts