What's new

BREEDING FEM WITH COLLOIDAL SILVER

kuku32

I wanna ask im at 30 days spraying colloidal silver to only one branch.Male organs apeeared but some of the pollen sacks falling and are still empty.im still spraying until to see many of them opening.i failed?or i have to wait?i will upload photo

kuku32

IMG_20230904_150043.jpg lower reverse IMG_20230904_145910.jpg unsprayed bud same plant

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_145900.jpg
    IMG_20230904_145900.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230904_145858.jpg
    IMG_20230904_145858.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230904_145850.jpg
    IMG_20230904_145850.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20230904_145839.jpg
    IMG_20230904_145839.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 65

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would stop spraying now and give it a chance for the Reversed fowers to open, looks around 7 days for it to fully kick in.
Ita clearly Reversed so spraying anymore is not needed.
Sometimes certain strains don't drop pollen or viable pollen.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Having worked with Silver Thiosulfate Solution (STS) for quite a bit, and tended a multi-year thread on the subject, my first thoughts are you're using too much silver. Ojd's suggestion to back off and let the plant churn through some of that excess silver so it can drop viable pollen is a good one I would listen to.

Excess silver will cause male flowers which do not open and can also have sterile pollen within them. The key is finding the balance between forming male flowers and seriously overpowering the plant with silver. ;)

kuku32

I would stop spraying now and give it a chance for the Reversed fowers to open, looks around 7 days for it to fully kick in.
Ita clearly Reversed so spraying anymore is not needed.
Sometimes certain strains don't drop pollen or viable pollen.
🫡🙏

Reactions: ojd

kuku32

Having worked with Silver Thiosulfate Solution (STS) for quite a bit, and tended a multi-year thread on the subject, my first thoughts are you're using too much silver. Ojd's suggestion to back off and let the plant churn through some of that excess silver so it can drop viable pollen is a good one I would listen to.

Excess silver will cause male flowers which do not open and can also have sterile pollen within them. The key is finding the balance between forming male flowers and seriously overpowering the plant with silver. ;)
Tyy

brickweeder

I've tried CS maybe 5 times with no successful reversals, once I went to STS, problem solved. Obviously you have better CS technique and success than me, but I'll pass on CS for reversals, as STS is far more easier and much more effective, imo.

kuku32

I've tried CS maybe 5 times with no successful reversals, once I went to STS, problem solved. Obviously you have better CS technique and success than me, but I'll pass on CS for reversals, as STS is far more easier and much more effective, imo.
can you tell me how you use sts?how often?i saw that you mix two ingredients Sodium Thiosulphate and Silver Nitrate with distilled water in plastic containers?this recipe is ok?how often you have to spray with sts solution?

brickweeder

can you tell me how you use sts?how often?i saw that you mix two ingredients Sodium Thiosulphate and Silver Nitrate with distilled water in plastic containers?this recipe is ok?how often you have to spray with sts solution?
I used a dilute sts make by mixing separate solutions of silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate. I use the sigma aldrich protocol but dilute it to 0.01 molar or 0.005 molar. I tried the .02M solution, and it burned the shiat out of my clones, so I dilute.

I spray 2 times at lights out, 1st time when I flip, and the 2nd time 2 or 3 days later. I also add a little bit of soap as a surfactant and focus the spray on the nodes rather than the leaves. I had listened to a podcast of Mr Soul (that Bros Grimm dude) who recommended spraying sts 2x. Prior to that, I did like 4 or 5 times, and got empty sacs, but after reducing to 2x, that was the ticket for me.

The hardest part is exercising patience for the 2-3 weeks from your last spray for the first sign of sacs. If I start to see female parts I'll give it one more. Douglas.Curtis has a great running thread on STS...wealth of info.

kuku32

I used a dilute sts make by mixing separate solutions of silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate. I use the sigma aldrich protocol but dilute it to 0.01 molar or 0.005 molar. I tried the .02M solution, and it burned the shiat out of my clones, so I dilute.

I spray 2 times at lights out, 1st time when I flip, and the 2nd time 2 or 3 days later. I also add a little bit of soap as a surfactant and focus the spray on the nodes rather than the leaves. I had listened to a podcast of Mr Soul (that Bros Grimm dude) who recommended spraying sts 2x. Prior to that, I did like 4 or 5 times, and got empty sacs, but after reducing to 2x, that was the ticket for me.

The hardest part is exercising patience for the 2-3 weeks from your last spray for the first sign of sacs. If I start to see female parts I'll give it one more. Douglas.Curtis has a great running thread on STS...wealth of info.
ty bro. today i collect some dead brown pollen sacks and small opened pollen sacs and i crush them with my nail on my hand and i found some pollen but in small quantity i put this pollen to a super strains amnesia pheno clone to see if i can manage to produce seeds

kuku32

thnx a lot the reversed is a fast finishing amnesia platinum smelling like cheese and the other one is a gum amnesia pheno from superstrains i hope to get something good and make it s1,s2 after sprouting many of the cross.both are clones so i know them well grown them again and again

Last edited:

brickweeder

I've got a coupleof amnesia xxl (dinafem freebies from 2017) that I just sprouted...have no idea if the weed is any good, but I'm gonna sts one of them to see if I can get some fresh auto seeds

kuku32

I've got a coupleof amnesia xxl (dinafem freebies from 2017) that I just sprouted...have no idea if the weed is any good, but I'm gonna sts one of them to see if I can get some fresh auto seeds
I tried it once at dwc grow only two seeds it was huge and thirsty auto.Almost incencsed and sweet but didn't finished cause i was on vacations and almost died..the other one was pure bubblegum you are lucky cause dinafem now dont exist anymore they changed theyr names and still have this amnesia but after police etc i dont know if it will be the same like yours.now they call themselves SILENT SEEDS

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well normally you do one time STS before flip...
and after 2 weeks again one time before light go out...
that's normally enough...
pure sativa will do with one time ...
indica & hybrids need 2 x but not more...
if you overdo ... no pollen... ;-)
also humidity is important... not more than 65% RH
depend on temp but around 60 worked well all time...
M.:smoker:

kuku32

hello,
well normally you do one time STS before flip...
and after 2 weeks again one time before light go out...
that's normally enough...
pure sativa will do with one time ...
indica & hybrids need 2 x but not more...
if you overdo ... no pollen... ;-)
also humidity is important... not more than 65% RH
depend on temp but around 60 worked well all time...
M.:smoker:
also i saw that when i watered the plant today and collect/broke some calyxes pollen dont pull out,when the plant was unwatered yesterday and i broke some pollen sacks pollen was easy to extract

Latest posts

Latest posts