What's new

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca++

How about a vets area, in the vets area.

That's not meant to be rude. I'm talking about what that means, at face value. It could be used when people like snakedope arrive, and the vets need to talk about what to do with them. We had to ask for his removal on open forum, to gain consensus between those effected. Many of which would of probably kept button lipped, when their opinion mattered. A vets area could be like a knights of the round table sort of thing. A lower parliament, where the forum elders can meet to discuss what they would like, and the King may listen.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think there is a bit of confusion here. Trader as in trading seed or offering them.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
How about a vets area, in the vets area.

That's not meant to be rude. I'm talking about what that means, at face value. It could be used when people like snakedope arrive, and the vets need to talk about what to do with them. We had to ask for his removal on open forum, to gain consensus between those effected. Many of which would of probably kept button lipped, when their opinion mattered. A vets area could be like a knights of the round table sort of thing. A lower parliament, where the forum elders can meet to discuss what they would like, and the King may listen.
Belive it or not, we already doing some sitting at the table and bouncing ideas already in there..
And there is less noise and negativity, so for this use, I would at least call it a partial success for now!

Ca++

someone (maybe you) was referring to members as traders, we call the vendors, here vendor..
may i ask why are you so worried about the vendors and we did not have yet complains from none yet?

and i think someone quoted it from the rules already

Any trading of goods between users, has a negative impact on a paid vendors sales chances.

Why buy what you can easily get for free.

For the forum, this new way, is a shift in income sources. Joe Public will become an income stream, that needs to balance the loss of revenue to seed sellers. Who won't be as keen, with all this competition. That is the immediate effect, but the projection going forward is on my mind. That image of the past.

Ca++

Belive it or not, we already doing some sitting at the table and bouncing ideas already in there..
And there is less noise and negativity, so for this use, I would at least call it a partial success for now!
There is no vets area for vets though. Anyone can sit at the round table. There is no place for the elders to talk in private

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Idk if that will hurt vendors really. I mean i have seeds given to me a lot and i still buy beans. Idk if that works for everyone but if i want to get a certain thing id like a reputable vendor's seal of approval.

When it comes to trading i guess i would say you are trading seeds, so you need something up to trade. Really just friends swapping what they have, i dont think it would stop me from purchasing from the vendors.

Ca++

Idk if that will hurt vendors really. I mean i have seeds given to me a lot and i still buy beans. Idk if that works for everyone but if i want to get a certain thing id like a reputable vendor's seal of approval.

When it comes to trading i guess i would say you are trading seeds, so you need something up to trade. Really just friends swapping what they have, i dont think it would stop me from purchasing from the vendors.
Yes, I also see a gap between sources, that suggests trust. It's years since I accepted a cutting from someone. I think at this time, a seed 'vendor' needs to make that gap wider still. Perhaps millions would like to see a seed bank backed by lab reports, regarding viral load. All mums tested and segregated, and a continuation of the segregation through production. A demand many seed sellers make of their production facilities, but is rarely spoke of.

Such a seed supplier would have a usp I have not yet seen, but would really like. They wouldn't need to care if a shop set up across the road for free. I couldn't afford to take the free stuff.

I want this forum to do well. I don't use any others. So asked for a little brainstorming, I'm going to throw everything out there. Some will be good, and some contrary. Most pans don't produce gold, but you have to sift through everything to find the bits people want to pick up.

I think the vets forum for vets is a good idea.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
so now it does not hurt the vendors how the system is abused in this way? but it will hurt them when it is allowed ?
i suggest you to read more about what happens on the forum without forcing your concept.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Yes, I also see a gap between sources, that suggests trust. It's years since I accepted a cutting from someone. I think at this time, a seed 'vendor' needs to make that gap wider still. Perhaps millions would like to see a seed bank backed by lab reports, regarding viral load. All mums tested and segregated, and a continuation of the segregation through production. A demand many seed sellers make of their production facilities, but is rarely spoke of.

Such a seed supplier would have a usp I have not yet seen, but would really like. They wouldn't need to care if a shop set up across the road for free. I couldn't afford to take the free stuff.

I want this forum to do well. I don't use any others. So asked for a little brainstorming, I'm going to throw everything out there. Some will be good, and some contrary. Most pans don't produce gold, but you have to sift through everything to find the bits people want to pick up.

I think the vets forum for vets is a good idea.
I get it, its just open thoughts to double check what will happen. In my little view i always say this :

Only one way to find out.....try it!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
@Ca++ i can tell you a totally opposite example of your theory,

one pollenchucker made homebrew hybrids with one of the vendors cultivar, but it is in very limited amount.. those beans were sent out to forum members to make grow threads, but only few got it...

now what are the options to those who werent able to get some of the artisanal seeds?

is not there any possibility to raise up the sales of the strain our hero used to make the magicbeans?

*based on a true story*

Ca++

so now it does not hurt the vendors how the system is abused in this way? but it will hurt them when it is allowed ?
i suggest you to read more about what happens on the forum without forcing your concept.
Forcing a concept?
I should spend more time here?
If you want to keep this topic going, that is your call. I have twice said it's done though.
You do understand brainstorming is by nature, a load of ideas that are not fully thought through? Rough ideas to bounce around, and see if they can be rounded off.

If anyone has ever done any sort of trading with me, or even spoke about it, please out me right now.

Silence..

Well.. I can see when people ask for input, then get over protective when they don't like what they hear. I think you look great love. I'm out.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What is whacked about this change is we are already trading and gifting seeds. I have made and sent out seeds for the asking, and some of those have been grown and shown here. I made grow threads of gifted seeds.

Maybe it was a dream and I am just a non-growing lurker after all.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Forcing a concept?
I should spend more time here?
If you want to keep this topic going, that is your call. I have twice said it's done though.
You do understand brainstorming is by nature, a load of ideas that are not fully thought through? Rough ideas to bounce around, and see if they can be rounded off.

If anyone has ever done any sort of trading with me, or even spoke about it, please out me right now.

Silence..

Well.. I can see when people ask for input, then get over protective when they don't like what they hear. I think you look great love. I'm out.
I don't think that's exacty what happened here. I think he was just telling you how stuff has happened before. Sales and trading go on behind closed doors, sometimes some public handouts happen and some are missed.(is what i gather)

Now in everything that humans do, sometimes we run tests to see if an idea is a good idea. So we give it a shot see what happens.

Stick around i like your input on things and lets see what happens in the future with this new method.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
What is whacked about this change is we are already trading and gifting seeds. I have made and sent out seeds for the asking, and some of those have been grown and shown here. I made grow threads of gifted seeds.

Maybe it was a dream and I am just a non-growing lurker after all.
i-wanna-give-you-much-respect-brother-mike-tyson.gif

Redrum92

Mentioned this in another thread, but I think pinning a tutorial on advanced use of the search engine somewhere might be helpful. There is an unbelievable amount of information hidden in old threads here.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
Mentioned this in another thread, but I think pinning a tutorial on advanced use of the search engine somewhere might be helpful. There is an unbelievable amount of information hidden in old threads here.
try this with your preferred search engine:

site:www.icmag.com [something you are looking for]

as an alternate way, when you are in trouble with the forums engine

Redrum92

Much appreciated! Long, long ago, I did some basic programming, so I remember some of the basics, in terms of search engines

I was more thinking about other people, newcomers especially, how often I see threads started instead of just adding to existing ones, especially strain discussion. Might be helpful to make the existing threads even better by helping people find them/reminding them that they exist.

Like one of my favorites: the Sour Bubble thread. It's been going for ~15 years, has hundreds of pics, and more history than you could ever need. I think that's much more valuable than 7 different threads, each 2 years apart and with only 5-10 posts.

Obviously there's only so much you can change peoples' behavior, and most people just prefer to start a new thread, but maybe worth pinning/sticky posting somewhere? I've heard that especially younger people raised on smartphones don't have a clue how to even Google things properly, so who knows if that's worth trying lol

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
as far as i remember there is/was some incompatibility with the imported old forum data, probably this causes some problem for the new engines search modul.

i am not sure about this, maybe i remember wrong, this issue will be investigated as soon as possible,

thank you very much @Redrum92

Status
Not open for further replies.