What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

blue knight

2uptown

i just picked up a clone of the blue knight. was told it finishes by end of September, can turn quite purple,yeilds above average, grows like a sativa and is very potent. does anyone have experience with this clone. im looking for some verification of traits etc. pictures would be a huge bonus. thanks for any and all info.....

mmj916

It's a butte county cut, fast finisher, about 50-55 days...very finicky indoors & will hermie indoors if conditions aren't optimal...turns purple in cold temps...An absolutely killer strain to grow...big fat indica leaves..very little stretch...killer stone & very relaxing medical effects

Taste is very "spicy", smell and taste are very unique

Genetics are either "Blue Dot x Kryptonite" or "Blue Dragon x Kryptonite"

bambi

Going by what MMj/916 said she sounds very interesting indeed''

Is butte county somewhere in Americanna i guess?

around 7'wks to harvest i must admitt caught my lil eye first,then the type of stone and yeah big fat ol indica type fan leaves just does it for me almost everytime, ha'

although im not much a fan of the blue'berry type highs i recall over ten years ago online hybrids like blue-satilite/blue something else, was 3 of em anyhow that as clones and put outside in the right conditions were very high looking yielders, even for outdoor clones these got pretty big cola's on em going by the photo's i seen, many moons ago yes'

Cheers 2up/town for the info also, an oldie i think ive not heard nor seen for quite some time really, take good care of her now, some up/dates would be a blast if things go to plan of course.
regards,
bam.

N

Nondual

It's a butte county cut, fast finisher, about 50-55 days...very finicky indoors & will hermie indoors if conditions aren't optimal...turns purple in cold temps...An absolutely killer strain to grow...big fat indica leaves..very little stretch...killer stone & very relaxing medical effects

Taste is very "spicy", smell and taste are very unique

Genetics are either "Blue Dot x Kryptonite" or "Blue Dragon x Kryptonite"
I was told it's Blue Dragon x Kryptonite and yes a Butte county cut but some of those guys are moving on to a hybrid next year called Good Night which is Blue Knight x Good Times aka Vanilla Kush. Only a few people running that cut next year and it looks bomb. Haven't sampled Good Knight yet but the bud structure looks between BK and GT.

As for color BK will turn almost black and was told by the growers it finishes faster than 50 days. A buddy helped create GK and only a little run this year to test it out.

BK is bomb especially considering it's fast flowering time and early finishing outdoors. At first I was pretty skeptical but not anymore. Everyone I gave samples of BK to raved about it. BK is a VERY nice cut!

jd4083

Veteran
buddy of mine from back in the day made that cross...I've got a bunch of pics of a couple of his runs saved somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. he was across the country and I never got a chance to get the cut myself, so all I can offer is that. :tiphat: enjoy it

2uptown

thanks

thanks

thanks for all the response. i will take good care of her and post some pics as soon as i can.....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
blue knight is one of my favorites...some of the first weed i ever bought when i moved up to butte county. used to sell it for the same price as indoor bud...so freakin stinky and purple that no one in their right mind would turn it down....

i was told its blueberry x purple or something like that....i guess no one really knows

i found a strain from humbolt that is very similar to blue knight..the genetics are dieselberry and sssdh but some folks said it looks like old school mendo purps too...has the same dark purple color and rank smell..

T

turtle farmer

The Blue Knight cut I was gifted by a generous member here on IC consists of;
Kryptonite X (blueberry x [G13 x Hashplant]).it came from the Chico/Orville area,I tink.
Very spicy and very unique.Great taste and high.
Cloning now for an indoor run ASAP.

2uptown

i really like the blue knight when its done indoor, not so much outside. its very unique in terms of taste,smell and look. really a bit finicky with a hair trigger to start flowering. something i would keep around for some head stash but i will not be growing her outside this year. the bud is kinda loose in structure but it did finish by mid-September. taking it from the valley floor and putting her up at 3700' probably didn't help much either.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i ran through some blue knight early this season....the growers were complaining that the nug structure is kind of weird sometimes, one said it was kind of stemmy so he had to break up alot of the top colas into smaller peices...but it was still a favorite of patients....unfortunately seems like its all gone already, all my guys who had blue knight pretty much sold it all during the first few weeks of outdoor season when prices were high, now that prices bottomed out most are selling their green cracks and other random strains instead..

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
i have a bag full of blueknight s1's

nothing special imo, decent but nothing outta this world, same as the afwreck GC aka good times aka vanilla kush (why they called it that i have no idea), these are just decent cuts being run by everyone in a certain area of the 530 fwiw

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Did someone ask for pics?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Thanks buddy! Awesome strain! I had no idea how purple it would be...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice pics kcar, do you have any pics of bigger colas? that one looks super dark and deep purple...il hopefully be seeing some blue knight herbs starting to float around here in butte, its always the first weed you see hit the market out here. its so damn rank and stinky, love it!