What's new

Blue Jägerschnitzel F2s

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

This is the first iteration of the Blue Jägerschnitzel autos, F2 generation. This is a couple females that I found from a batch of about 40 sprouts, most of which were not autoflowering. I really enjoy the F2 generation because of the element of surprise finding the few autos amongst all the duds, make me feel like I got lucky even though I know I was really playing the odds. These two are a few weeks into flowering, just starting to sprout trichomes.
jb.jpg

I started these out by crossing a Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod with a polyhybrid auto that contained elements of both Blueberry and Jägerschnitzel & I have another selected Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod that I'm going to be starting light deprivation on in a week or two to start an autoflowering backcross of the Blue Jägerschnitzel.

Heres the two females a few days ago sitting with their brothers, who will be the grandfathers of the eventual Blue Jägerschnitzel BX1 autos when I get to the F2s of those, probably next summer. The two males are currently flat on their backs on a table giving me a batch of pollen to keep in the freezer for a few weeks until the photoperiod female is ready to use it.
breed.jpg

420empire

Veteran
Cool Chunks.

Nice project for sure. We need more of these auto regs.
I´ve tried a few auro fem. They are solid and in our time pretty good breed, I think its fair to say fast buds has some nice varieties. However I think the regs should become more available to us :)
Hows the high and terp currently,?
Keep up the good work (y)(y)

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Cool Chunks.

Nice project for sure. We need more of these auto regs.
I´ve tried a few auro fem. They are solid and in our time pretty good breed, I think its fair to say fast buds has some nice varieties. However I think the regs should become more available to us :)
Hows the high and terp currently,?
Keep up the good work (y)(y)
Thanks, the high is high, its pretty much an all THC variety and no slouch on resin production. The flavor on polyhybrid generation was good and leaned towards the original Blue Jägerschnitzel, which has a nice berry flavor that reminded me of cooked blueberries, but the polyhybrid auto was not enough like the original, which is why its getting crossed back to the Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod genetics again. The BX1 auto version should end up being pretty solid.

Heres a picture of the F2 auto pollen being collected for later use on the Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod plant
pbj pollen.jpg

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Those look good Chuck. I'm noticing that outdoor autos are picking up in popularity. I'm going to ride with you for a while. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Outdoor autos are great stuff for everyone who lives far enough north that they have to worry about photoperiod plants not finishing before the weather gets bad. Here in the PNW, any photoperiod thats not a 8-9 week plant that doesn't start flowering in early August is pretty iffy for outdoor growing, theres a pretty short list of reliable photoperiod plants, but we can grow just about any auto and get great results.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Heres another look at the Blue Jägerschnitzel F2 autos, I propped up the one in the smaller 1 gallon container to but the top of the soil of both of them on the same level and show off the fact that its bigger than the one in the two gallon container. I don't know how Mother Nature does that, but she sure does it. I'm starting to get fantastic musty berry odors off them and they're starting to show a fade on the fan leaves and the seeded calyxes have swollen up nicely.
pbj.jpg

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

This is a different project I have this summer, this is the F2 generation of my Jilly Bean BX1 autos, I started 40 seeds and picked out these 4 to keep, I only got the one male. They're all on the small side because I overplanted the containers they were in knowing that most of the plants would end up not autoflowering and getting culled instead, I've got two 3 gallon containers there that each started out with 7 plants in them, but now only have two each. Should have plenty of seeds in about 5-6 weeks.

jb bx1.jpg

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

This is the photoperiod Blue Jägerschnitzel that I'm planning to backcross to, I started it on dep July 2…
bj full.jpg

…and it looks like it going to be read to take a dose of the frozen pollen pretty soon, maybe in a few days or so
bj close.jpg

This is another different autoflower project, this is the first generation of photoperiod Donny Burger crossed with an autoflowering strain that was made from Strawberry Banana crossed with my purple diesel auto. The idea here is to get maximum heavy hitter genes into the autoflowering format, so I have six females in dep that were inbred to six of their brothers on the summer solstice and the seeds they produce will have some autoflowering plants in it. These plant are all very garlicky scented with a hint of something like latex or new tires. They're small little things cause they're in half gallon containers, but they produce a nice sized odor regardless.
donnana six.jpg

donnana close.jpg

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Yesterday I put some of the frozen polyhybrid Blue Jägerschnitzel F2 auto pollen on the lower 3 nodes of the full blooded Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod female thats flowering in dep, I left the top two nodes untouched, hopefully. Should make about 100 or so seeds. I probably won't be able to get around to inbreeding them until next summer unless I get another light and a tent for indoor, which I'm strongly considering.
pollinated .jpg

Hasselhoff1337

Looking good man! I’ve heard of the Schnitzel before but would you mind spilling some knowledge on the strains origins?

Good luck. Would be lovely to get my hands on some of those auto seeds and give em a try here at latitude 60 in Scandinavia. See how they react to cold and wet season!

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Bradley Danks put together Jägerschnitzel starting about 7 or so years ago because he wanted something with a high terpene content that could start flowering early and finish fast in the PWN harvest season and he pulled off that trick very nicely. We have a perfect harvest season here most years for photoperiod plants that are ready to harvest by the end of September, but after that it tends to get cold and wet pretty quick and budrot can become an issue. Jägerschnitzel's format avoids a lot of that potential trouble, its fairly rot resistant due to it's shape, dense buds with a lot of space for airflow between them and most years its ready to harvest before the rain and humidity come into play.
About 3 years ago Bradley gave me a vial of fem pollen that I used on some of my photoperiod strains that don't perform as well in our harvest season, and then I decided to try converting some of my Jägerschnitzel crosses to autoflowering because I really like autos and I enjoy breeding them too. I would be interested to see how the Jägerschnitzel auto crosses do in a challenging environment like yours too, our summer weather here is so perfect that autos are pretty much a sure thing as far a getting a good harvest goes, so I haven't put my autos to the test against much cool rainy conditions like a Scandinavian summer, I only know how their photoperiod cousins do in that kind of weather. I have a good collection of Jägerschnitzel cross auto seeds and am about to have even more, hopefully testing them in your climate next summer can be arranged.

Hasselhoff1337

Bradley Danks put together Jägerschnitzel starting about 7 or so years ago because he wanted something with a high terpene content that could start flowering early and finish fast in the PWN harvest season and he pulled off that trick very nicely. We have a perfect harvest season here most years for photoperiod plants that are ready to harvest by the end of September, but after that it tends to get cold and wet pretty quick and budrot can become an issue. Jägerschnitzel's format avoids a lot of that potential trouble, its fairly rot resistant due to it's shape, dense buds with a lot of space for airflow between them and most years its ready to harvest before the rain and humidity come into play.
About 3 years ago Bradley gave me a vial of fem pollen that I used on some of my photoperiod strains that don't perform as well in our harvest season, and then I decided to try converting some of my Jägerschnitzel crosses to autoflowering because I really like autos and I enjoy breeding them too. I would be interested to see how the Jägerschnitzel auto crosses do in a challenging environment like yours too, our summer weather here is so perfect that autos are pretty much a sure thing as far a getting a good harvest goes, so I haven't put my autos to the test against much cool rainy conditions like a Scandinavian summer, I only know how their photoperiod cousins do in that kind of weather. I have a good collection of Jägerschnitzel cross auto seeds and am about to have even more, hopefully testing them in your climate next summer can be arranged.
Very interesting! The plants look awesome and I’d be honored to give em a go. I got some interesting auto mixes that are scandinavian genetics (Bluetooth from copenhagen seed company (old zenseeds)) x old school strains like Jack Herrer. They do very well here. I feel that including some Jägerschnitzel in the mix would be interesting.

Good luck my friend!

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Jack Herrer is popular locally, Jack was an Oregonian, I'm a little bit ashamed to admit I've never grown it myself, kinda unpatriotic of me, but its great smoke. I know a guy who specializes in it, so maybe thats why I've never grown my own crop.

Hasselhoff1337

Jack Herrer is popular locally, Jack was an Oregonian, I'm a little bit ashamed to admit I've never grown it myself, kinda unpatriotic of me, but its great smoke. I know a guy who specializes in it, so maybe thats why I've never grown my own crop.

Yeah there’s something special about how it grows, at least the version I got which was originally the auto from greenhouse seedcompany. Whats special is the bud formation. The pestils get like 2+ cm long which I havent seen with any other strain. And the smell is just something that I havent come across before either. I also get a feeling there might be plenty more cannabinoids than just THC in it. All though that could just be an effect of growing outside (there’s some interesting research on that topic) I do feel it hits a bit different than other strains I’ve grown.

Last edited:

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Heres the last photo of the two plants, the one on the left got harvested. I propped up the one in the smaller container to show off how it's bigger than it's sister which grew in the 2 gallon container. The one in the smaller container gets nearly all of it's water from below, it normally sits in a saucer and I fill the saucer with water instead of watering the top of the dirt. My pet theory on this is that watering from below fools the plant's tap root into thinking its in a bigger container than it really is. Its not the first time I've gotten substantially better results from plants that are watered this way, but I've never really done any serious experimenting with the idea. I have more containers than I do saucers so I just end up giving some water from below and some water from above once in a while.
pbjs.jpg

Heres the one on the left, it's seeds looked ready, so I cut it down.
pbj1.jpg

Presumably the seeds are ready on the other one too, but I don't need it's container for anything and it's still shooting fresh pistils so I decided to let it go a little bit longer
pbj2.jpg

This is the top of the Blue Jägerschnitzel photoperiod plant that getting the light deprivation treatment
bj.jpg