What's new

Bio Canna Question

Hello,

I'm new to hydroponics, let alone organic hydroponics, I just picked up some 'Bio Canna'. On the back of the bottle it says to "use up mixed solution within 24 hrs". This is only for hand watering right? If it's bubbling away in a rez it should be good for longer than that surely?.. How often would you guys recommend changing the rez with this stuff? I know some of you have been using it for a while so I was wondering, is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

D

deepforest

im fairly certain canna only reccomends bio canna for their soilless mix. i havent ever read any hydro directions for it. they make aqua vega and aqua flores for hydro applications.

Yea sorry, I should have been more specific, growing in coco & perlite. (sorry if it's in the wrong section, I wasn't sure)

CovertCrops

I tried it once in an active hydro setup just for Ha-ha's. It will make a god awful mess of your res, I was changing it every week and giving the rez a full wash up <--sucked. It also plays havoc with your ph, expect to correct it every 3-4 hours <--- also sucked. The only thing that didnt suck was the quality of the bud. The flavor and smoothness were beyond compare.

If I were to return to coco I would certainly hand feed bio canna. Give it a try, just don't let the stuff sit around. The quality is exceptional.

D

deepforest

covertcrops, i was thinking of running one of my rooms with it along with the bioterra mix. i was told by someone that the grow nutrient is a bit low in N. did you find that in your experience?

CovertCrops

Deepforest - Yes I found both veg and bloom to be very low in nitrogen. The plants were quite yellow by the time they finished. I know the Canna Aqua formula just increased it's nitrogen content but I do not know if the bio has changed.

jimbenn

hello! i,ve been looking around eveywhere to see if other people are having nitrogen def with the bio canna. im using it with bio canna pro soil and have for some time. in my last few grows i,ve tried new strains and seems like a lot of people are getting it too.

jimbenn

covertcrops, i was thinking of running one of my rooms with it along with the bioterra mix. i was told by someone that the grow nutrient is a bit low in N. did you find that in your experience?
yes. for sure and looking around the web, many others have too. i do like the product though and it was great with stronger strains like exodus cheddar.would like to carry on with it. so hopefully theirs an easy way to add the "N"