What's new

Big bud auto run number two

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This is my second Big bud auto run.
Soon ill be planting it in a 3 gallon fabric pot of soil. What veg food should i feed it, so that it can grow very big befor it starts to flower? Currently its on an 18 on 6 off light cycle.

Currently i have been only able to get a little over an ounce of dry flower pre auto plant. So i figured i need to feed them more veg food than i have been in the past.
20220722_235134.jpg

pjlive

I've seen people get very good results with autos in soil using the FoxFarm trio. When I grow in soil I like to use Bat Guano for nitro, Fish Meal for phosphorus, and Fish Meal or Kelp for potassium. But the FoxFarm trio makes things pretty easy.

I've been averaging 3.5 ounces per auto plant these days, but that also has to do with the genetics of the plant. Some varieties I'm hard pressed to squeeze an ounce out of. You should be able to get a decent yield from a Big Bud -- at least 3 ounces under good grow conditions for sure.

Good luck with this one! I'm on an auto-flower pheno search and cross grind these days, so I'll stay tuned to your grow to see how she does. I don't have a Big Bud.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update. She has grown a lot since the last post. Now has a lot more top heads than my last big bud auto. It would be awesome if I could get
3oz off of this 2ed big bud plant.

The last three photos are of the first big bud and is getting harvested today after a long awated growing.
20220810_100329.jpg
20220810_100949.jpg
20220810_100208.jpg
20220810_100901.jpg
20220810_100852.jpg
20220810_100830.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This one is still growing OK. It has definitely grown taller. Hopefully the buds grow huge by harvest time. And I don't know why that leaf at the bottom is getting yellow because I know for a fact that haven't over watered. I want to fix it before it gets to worse.
20220816_203722.jpg
20220816_203624.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I started feeding some botanicare cal-mag plus to add some Calcium, magnesium, and iron to the plant. I hope this helps keep the plan from yellowing more. Also I need to start feeding it some bloom food soon. I have been using this bloom food in pix 3. I been using this product but I don't know if I should switch to something else.

Your opinions welcome.
20220820_093813.jpg
20220820_092302.jpg
20220820_094151.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So after a long awaited time longer than I thought that an auto flower was supposed to take. I finally got to harvest the big bud auto.
And this time I let her flower for MANY weeks longer than last time. Hopefully the high is better this time also. I'm gonna keep trying to do better next round. I wish this lady had grown bigger before flowering. But I'm still satisfied to have some very frosty medicine.

I'm gonna try some Fox farm happy frog soil for the next round and see if that makes it any better. This time I have a huge bag of perlite to add to soil for my future grows.

20230125_145604.jpg
20230125_144839.jpg
20230125_144828.jpg
20230125_144311.jpg
20230125_150109.jpg
20230125_150159.jpg
20230125_150312.jpg
20230125_150725.jpg
20230125_150749.jpg

CannaZen

Thank you cheese buds, I like looking at autoflowers. Seems resin production is lacking. Some of my outdoor plants were comparable , a couple phenotypes looked more resinous.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So after my lemon auto didn't Sprout I decided to sprout a another big bud auto seed.
Stay tuned as this grows into a nice fat tree, and is female Hopefully.😁🌱
20230822_094448.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
The seed has now popped up above the soil.😊
And I think 13 weeks bloom is perfect for getting 50/50 amber to cloudy. But that's a way long ways away yet obviously.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So my attempt at a soil/perlite layer cake method did work well this time because of the pastic pot. So im not gunna yield much at all. So the next time i grow any more autos it will be in a 3 gllon pot like last time. I can't wait till I can start my next batch of auto seeds. For me they always seem to yield a lot better than regulars do.
20231030_133333.jpg
20231030_091456.jpg
20231030_091339.jpg
20231030_091344.jpg
20231030_091456.jpg
20231030_091339.jpg
20231030_091344.jpg

Last edited:

CannaZen

So my attempt at a soil/perlite layer cake method did work well this time because of the pastic pot. So im not gunna yield much at all. So the next time i grow any more autos it will be in a 3 gllon pot like last time. I can't wait till I can start my next batch of auto seeds. For me they always seem to yield a lot better than regulars do. View attachment 18912446 View attachment 18912447 View attachment 18912448 View attachment 18912449 View attachment 18912447 View attachment 18912448 View attachment 18912449
look at those, damn. reminds me of tricho. orange but yellow pistils on green or something. coolio. :)

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I've seen people get very good results with autos in soil using the FoxFarm trio. When I grow in soil I like to use Bat Guano for nitro, Fish Meal for phosphorus, and Fish Meal or Kelp for potassium. But the FoxFarm trio makes things pretty easy.

I've been averaging 3.5 ounces per auto plant these days, but that also has to do with the genetics of the plant. Some varieties I'm hard pressed to squeeze an ounce out of. You should be able to get a decent yield from a Big Bud -- at least 3 ounces under good grow conditions for sure.

Good luck with this one! I'm on an auto-flower pheno search and cross grind these days, so I'll stay tuned to your grow to see how she does. I don't have a Big Bud.
Ok ill check this soil out as im out of soil for me new seedling. If i can grow 3+ oz from the rest f my autos ill be happier than ever.

PoorDad

I'm no expert at auto-flowering seeds so .......

I would STOP planting your seeds in small cups and then transplanting to the big fabric pots. I was told that transplanting autos can stunt their growth. They're only alive for a specific period of time. Transplanting takes a week to recover. For a plant with an 11--13 week lifespan, you can't afford to lose a week of growth.

I sew my seeds directly into my 3g fabric pots. I use a 100ml syringe with a 10 guage needle. Fill it with tap water and soak the area directly around the seed. Don't soak the whole pot yet. You'll get mold. Just soak the area 2" around the seed thoroughly. Then cover it with any clear plastic or glass cup or dome to keep the humidity inside.

Water it every say. Twice a day if you can. But you're only putting like 3 or 4 tablespoons of water directly on the seed. Keep it covered. Keep the lights around 250--300 PPFD (low).

After it pops up, same routine. Give it 3 or 4 days under the clear plastic cover. Then remove the cover and check your lights. 300--350 PPFD max.

Water once a day now. Still, don't soak the whole pot yet. Just keep a wet spot 2 or 3 inches across right near the seedling. No nutes. Not even pH'd water if your soil has any uses in it at all. You'll cook your plant. Plain old tap water for now. Let her get 6 or 8 inches high first. THEN start to pH your water down around 5.8----6.4 for soil.

See how the soil is only wet neat the seedling? See the outline of the plastic cover at each plant? I keep everything under the cover wet....like a little greenhouse.
20240117_085946.jpg

Here they are 1 month later.
Bottom right... plant is in a green plastic pot. I got it too wet early on. See the yellow spots on some of the lower leaves? Too wet. I let the pot dry out a little and she grew past the damaged leaves. Note upper leaves are all healthy now.

These are getting pH'd water. My soil will support them all the way through veg and partially into flowering before I need to add any nutrients.
20240203_091706.jpg

CannaZen

I'm no expert at auto-flowering seeds so .......

I would STOP planting your seeds in small cups and then transplanting to the big fabric pots. I was told that transplanting autos can stunt their growth. They're only alive for a specific period of time. Transplanting takes a week to recover. For a plant with an 11--13 week lifespan, you can't afford to lose a week of growth.

I sew my seeds directly into my 3g fabric pots. I use a 100ml syringe with a 10 guage needle. Fill it with tap water and soak the area directly around the seed. Don't soak the whole pot yet. You'll get mold. Just soak the area 2" around the seed thoroughly. Then cover it with any clear plastic or glass cup or dome to keep the humidity inside.

Water it every say. Twice a day if you can. But you're only putting like 3 or 4 tablespoons of water directly on the seed. Keep it covered. Keep the lights around 250--300 PPFD (low).

After it pops up, same routine. Give it 3 or 4 days under the clear plastic cover. Then remove the cover and check your lights. 300--350 PPFD max.

Water once a day now. Still, don't soak the whole pot yet. Just keep a wet spot 2 or 3 inches across right near the seedling. No nutes. Not even pH'd water if your soil has any uses in it at all. You'll cook your plant. Plain old tap water for now. Let her get 6 or 8 inches high first. THEN start to pH your water down around 5.8----6.4 for soil.

See how the soil is only wet neat the seedling? See the outline of the plastic cover at each plant? I keep everything under the cover wet....like a little greenhouse.
View attachment 18957927

Here they are 1 month later.
Bottom right... plant is in a green plastic pot. I got it too wet early on. See the yellow spots on some of the lower leaves? Too wet. I let the pot dry out a little and she grew past the damaged leaves. Note upper leaves are all healthy now.

These are getting pH'd water. My soil will support them all the way through veg and partially into flowering before I need to add any nutrients.
View attachment 18957928
can you tell me what variety that is growing bottom left? i really like it.