What's new

Best light for a 2x4 or 4x4?

trueblu8

you just need an exhaust fan. Any cheap digi hps/mh combo ballast and a 400w dimmeable will work for that size and expandable to almost a 5x5 in reality if you just use a vertical hanger. Get an HPS bulb with added blue spectrum, like old hortilux, I think viagrow or someone sells similar now. Exhaust fan and carbon scrubber. Run at night lights on in winter too but keep the room dark if you do.
What's the best carbon scrubber? I want to try to eliminate all smells.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I was thinking about doing the same thing, getting two 2x4 tents. You know I wanted to get a high-end light like an HLG Diablo or Grandmaster LEDs Tarantula Torch. But I must admit those Mars and Spider Farmer lights are quite impressive. I like that they even have a digital display which a lot of the higher-end models do not have. And I like that the dial is in the middle facing you when you open the tent.
Two tents work best for me. I wish they were 4x4 but I can have one in flower while growing clones in the other in veg so I like that. Not as much waiting between grows either. I love both lights. My temps are high here so I like the fact they put out very little heat

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
What's the best carbon scrubber? I want to try to eliminate all smells.
I just replaced mine after three years. I got this one after asking all my friends here…
1727560782428.png

OleReynard

Two tents work best for me. I wish they were 4x4 but I can have one in flower while growing clones in the other in veg so I like that. Not as much waiting between grows either. I love both lights. My temps are high here so I like the fact they put out very little heat
A small perpetual if you will.
3 stages is nice seed, veg and bloom

Rocket Soul

6 ft tall AC Infinity tent in a basement. It's pretty cool down there.
That would mean bar/strip light if leds and either some extra heating or using a bulb like light. While 85F inlet seems excessive you do want to at least be able to bring your growspace up to 81F with high intensity leds.

If this is you just starting out id rec you to start with a 4x2 and CMH on a batwing reflector. Its the ultimate easygrow light source. A 315 may be a bit light on power but you cna always add a couple of led strips or cobs on the sides. Once youve got a bit more hang of things then get a bigger tent and leave the 4x2 for veg.

Rocket Soul

I was thinking about doing the same thing, getting two 2x4 tents. You know I wanted to get a high-end light like an HLG Diablo or Grandmaster LEDs Tarantula Torch. But I must admit those Mars and Spider Farmer lights are quite impressive. I like that they even have a digital display which a lot of the higher-end models do not have. And I like that the dial is in the middle facing you when you open the tent.
Do not a get an expensive super light until you figured out how to master the environment in your grow space. A Diablo with 65F temps is not going to work well no matter how much it cost you.

Latest posts

Latest posts