What's new

Best light for a 2x4 or 4x4?

I Care

Migro and Coco for cannabis vids on YouTube for testing those sizes. there are two threads being put together recently about lighting

I Care

What are the best lights on the market right now for a 2x4 or 4x4 tent?
@trueblu8 I’m back to give you some experience based guidance
i am not aware of your region but you should get the viparapectre xs2500pro to start you up If they are the most affordable light in your region like I find in the US on EBAY. It’s the most PAR efficient light for entry level and is intended for 2x2 and 4x4 configurations. I appreciate the fact that the driver has enough cable to be installed outside of the grow space. They did all the hard work of determining how to balance wattage per LED diode and efficiency before they engineered this light. It’s not the best light period, but you will resuit’s. It’s the light I use in a 20x36. The best use for them is to use one of the a 2x4 or 3x3 and two of them in a 4x4 and have good results. 5x5 would probably work with three of them in a triangle.

I practiced with this light for two runs now and its working height/distance through growth is between 10in/25cm to 30in/75cm. That really only gives you a canopy depth of about 20inches with one light but with an array or two lights in a 4x4 you could increase that working depth in the center of the grow space to maybe 40in/1m below the light.

The main thing with this is that these lower end LEDs have the dimmers but they have a high diode count. This means they run most efficient in the upper 30% the power level so its Really the last two notches on the dimmer you’re going to be using.

They have an LM301B grow light also for similar pricing which can be run at a wider dimming range. That is at the sacrifice of diode count and size and there is also no extra cable for installing the driver outside of your grow space If you’re battling heat/humidity. But this light is more powerful in terms of w/diode and would also do a job, espescially in array Would provide a deeper working depth in the canopy.

300 bucks worth of lighting will get you going, if you have the extra couple hundred bucks there are higher quality and serviceable options if you look up manufacturers.

Look in the growroom forum section and look for lighting. There’s a lot about it And a thread dedicated to LED and bud “quality“ would be the search term.