What's new

Beer and Ale!

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Tonight I am sampling a nice local microbrew from the Emerald Triangle as chance wouled have it.

It is called Downtown Brown- a brown ale remeniscent of an old school nut brown ale-somewhat hoppy. I like it, its best served at 60*F (my choice).

Nice smooth taste little bitterness.

Goes great with a nugget from Trinity county.

minds_I

PS: Its good to live in Norcal.

Last edited:

okwildfire

hey minds...do ya ever brew your own? man there is nothing like it...just finished off my raspberry stout...waiting for my belgian amber ale to carb and age....the wait sucks!!!!!!

minds_I

Veteran
Buahahahahahahaha

Brew my own? I have. Now don't laugh as I got it for Xmas.

Its a "Mr. Beer" Plastic brewing keg. Hey, the pale ale I brewed was vry tasty to be sure.

Anyway, been thinking about bringing it out for another go- I have 3 left:

Englishmen Nut Brown
High Country Canadian Draft (or is it Draught?)
Ocktoberfest Veinna Lagar

I am leaning to the High Country

minds_I

PS: The wait always blows.

Last edited:
G

im not laughing....i have one tooo:D i make some good ass beer too. my only problem is its never cold enough in the fridge so i usually brew all winter and ferment in in garage. summers its just too much a pain in the ass for me. home brewing is the way to go if your a beer lover:wink:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
diggle said:
This is what I'm currently sipping on....

+1 for victory... a lot of my friends work there.

guess what! their beer taste even better when it is free!

my personal favorite is St. Victorious Dopplebock

Maturin

minds_I said:
Buahahahahahahaha

Brew my own? I have. Now don't laugh as I got it for Xmas.

Its a "Mr. Beer" Plastic brewing keg. Hey, the pale ale I brewed was vry tasty to be sure.

Anyway, been thinking about bringing it out for another go- I have 3 left:

Englishmen Nut Brown
High Country Canadian Draft (or is it Draught?)
Ocktoberfest Veinna Lagar

Lol.....a friend gave me one of those a few years ago and I'm still using it. I just brewed up an oatmeal stout that was pretty good and got many compliments at the party I brought it to. I waould say try doing somehting with the Canadian draft this time around. And get some hops; you wouldn't believe what they do for the mix.

This time of year, as the weather gets warmer, I usually like to drink lagers and pilsners. I like the nut brown ales in the fall. Goose Island out of Chicago does a really good one.

G

who likes the good old "guiness stout"???? ahhh my favorite of all favorites:D

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Just set up the next batch.

Thought I might go with the High Country Canadian Draught.

6 weeks before they are done.

Why is it some many of my hobbies take time to ripen-so to speak?

minds_I

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all, I just bottled the HCCD and it will be ready in two weeks.

HAd a taster-of course just a bit hoppy. I have great expectations for this run.

Will have to save a bottle for my next harvest (I have yet to start to flower).

I have a nice Ocktoberfest Veinna Lagar that is up next.

Cheers and a bowl,

minds_I

PhillyPhunk

Appalacian brewinc company - ABC - pale ale
Was drinking some blue moon earlier

1098582841_100_4785.jpg

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Great to be back. I have been slumming at The Gardens Cure lately.

Anyway, the High Country Canadian Draught is finished.

The initial taste was rather hoppy and I must say just abit over carbonated (A story about that later). This was at week one.

After two weeks it is smoother but still over carbonated so I let it breath for about 20 minutes and this bleeds enough CO2 off to release the beers flavors. Still a hoppy beer that grows on you. I only have 3 liters leftthat I am saving till the 5th of next month when I-a perfectly sane paraplegic am going to jump out of a perfectly good airplane at an altitude of 9000 feet. Thats the plan-it is not set in stone as it has to be authorized by the jump instructor that would be in tandem with me.

If the decission is no, I was told that I can ride in the plane (which is built for skydiving). After the jumpers have left, the plane heads straight for the ground to land to pick up the next set. I was told that the plane is almost ont he ground before the jumpers are. So, that will at least be something.

My daughter and her husband and my son are going as well. It will be so kewl.

I am already anxious about it.

minds_I

PS: The over carbonation reallyt strecthed the limits of the liter pepsi bottles. They looked like they were ready to explode.

Last edited:
G

One hell of a way to spend your time brother.

If only everyone could appreciate life like that. :dueling:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
this is a bit off topic, but today watching a globe trekker show on the travel channel, the girl visiting belgium said that monks there brew tons of beer and would drink up to 10 liters a day!!

i thought that was a lot of beer... :D

minds_I

Veteran
Buahahahahaha

After 10 liters of beer- no wonder they talk to God.

Buahahahahahaha

As far as a good way to spend my time......lol, I am shaking at the thought of it as I type. I kid you not- the anxiety is really creeping up.

But the adrenalin(sp) high will be like nothing else. I am told I will feel on fire once I am on the ground. I am truely scared. Its so much fun.

minds_I

minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts