Veteran
Lemon Cherry Gelato
20240920_141753.jpg

Super Lemon Haze
20240920_141710.jpg
20240920_141701.jpg

stiff

Veteran
It looks like dark hues of bud colour on the pics.
You sure that's mould? I can't see yellow leaves in-between though,that's what makes me doubtful

HOVAH2.0

Veteran
Im considering using 12 percent Hydrogen peroxide to slow or eliminate the possibility of further mold. Does anyone know or has used this technique and is there a better solution for mold prevention?

HOVAH2.0

Veteran
Potential causes of mold in the backyard.
1. Low temperatures at night reaching 57 degrees or lower.
2. Late evening flora feedings and pest control.
3. Not enough direct sunlight due to shade trees from neighboring yards. 8 h rs max
4. F2 crosses that are genetically less robust than the parents.

bottomline.. I harvested all of them due to mold appearing on multiple plants and security issues. Its better to start a new grow than to invest time and energy trying to save an average grow.

What was learned in this grow

1. I need better remedies for mold at this location

2. the low night temperatures and fog accelerated the mold

3. high winds of the yard did not prevent mold
positives

4. My neighbors were having too many visitors coming over in an effort to sale their house. Its that old paranoia coming back from the past in me, before all this stuff was legal. Im still not comfortable with the prying eyes of strangers and I hate any attention or being some kind of a outlier. Besides, I have an indoor grow coming and couldnt provide this grow the attention it needed. hydro is what I like and enjoy doing.
RIP back yard Grow 2024

stiff

Veteran
Definitely try some mold-resistent strains and also strains which react quickly to shifting daylight hours.

Dutch outdoor genetics for example. For some reason AMS from greenhouse seeds comes to my mind. Never smoked it or grown it...but I know it was made for that scenario. The Swiss "erdbeerli" is another one, just to mention a few.

And thin the plants out more if they get that bushy again!

I wish you good luck for the next grow!!!

HOVAH2.0

Veteran
I found a possible solution for outddor bud rot, it's not scientific or chemical, it's quite crude. A friend of mine solved his bud rot issue with a leaf blower. He blows down every cola every night and after a rain. He says its been very effective and limited it's spread for the last 2 seasons. Anyone try this yet?

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Latest posts