What's new

🪷Baba’s 2024 Garden🪷

Baba Karuna

:watchplant: :cool:What’s the outdoor season like in your area?
Mediterranean climate, very hot summers, usually mild winters (although the past two years we have had hail and light snow for a few days and more rain than usual). Usually it is very dry so I can grow outdoors year round granted I use cold and mold resistant varieties like Himalayan. In greenhouse I can easily go year round without additional heating.

Baba Karuna

Mazar-I-Sharif Afghanistan 🇦🇫

Attachments

• IMG_7352.jpeg
    IMG_7352.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 11

Baba Karuna

Senegal 🇸🇳 x Ethiopia 🇪🇹

These clones were made using the wet sand method outdoors and took around 1 1/2 - weeks to root heavily. Set it and forget it, super easy 😊

Attachments

• IMG_7353.jpeg
    IMG_7353.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Baba Karuna

More Senegal 🇸🇳 x Ethiopia 🇪🇹 cuttings rooted via the wet sand method. Really loving this simple cloning method 🙌🏼 Next round is going to be Nigerian 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_7439.jpeg
    IMG_7439.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7438.jpeg
    IMG_7438.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7437.jpeg
    IMG_7437.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7434.jpeg
    IMG_7434.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7432.jpeg
    IMG_7432.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8

Baba Karuna

Hey Baba, currently waiting on some of these from you...hope you don't me posting pics of my grow of your seeds here. Not sure when I will get to them but hopefully some time this year.
Have you started your Egyptian seeds yet?

Onboard

More Senegal 🇸🇳 x Ethiopia 🇪🇹 cuttings rooted via the wet sand method. Really loving this simple cloning method 🙌🏼 Next round is going to be Nigerian 🥰
That's spectacular, BK! Thanks for sharing, and all the best with the upcoming transplants and rest of the journey.

If you don't mind, approximately what temperatures did you have when rooting those?

I never got anything that big to root at all, regardless of method.

Baba Karuna

That's spectacular, BK! Thanks for sharing, and all the best with the upcoming transplants and rest of the journey.

If you don't mind, approximately what temperatures did you have when rooting those?

I never got anything that big to root at all, regardless of method.
Thank you 🙏🏼 These were rooted in an unheated greenhouse with daily temps fluctuating between mid 70s to low 80s F. Night was low to mid 50s. I have other containers rooting indoors paired with a heat mat but the rooting times are roughly the same for both indoor and greenhouse. The wet sand has changed everything for me. Especially with rooting large cuttings 🙏🏼

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Great stuff. I envy you for the amount of space and climate you apparently have! I wish I could grow half as many plants.

I will definitely have to try the sand method. I am currently having a problem making clones of a sage plant and also of Szechuan pepper. Do you use some kind of rooting agent on top of the sand method?

Cannabis was never a problem for me but I suppose I could make them root faster. You mentioned 1.5 weeks above for a nice set of roots, that seems to be pretty fast.

The kind of plants you are growing is also what I like.

I heard some good things about the Mazar-i-Sharif. Did you already have a harvest of that one or is it your first grow? Where did you get the seeds from?

I could use some hints as to good seed suppliers (for sativas and landraces) as there seem to be too many bad apples in that business. I know ACE and the Real Seed Company are supposed to be good for landraces, any other good suggestions? You mentioned Deliorganic above, will have to look into that one (apparently available through RSC).

Sorry for that many questions. One last one - have you ever tried Regular Auto strains and if so, do you have a recommendation for seed suppliers of those?