What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slab

Ive recently completed a 2nd run with some Med-Man strains and after a 3 week flush and lowering temps for the last 2 weeks i was rewarded with a nice show of colours.
Heres a full tent shot, all Med-Man strains hand watered in coco under a 600w dual spectrum bulb.
Strains are, Rock Star Kush, Conkushion, Purple Painkiller, Silver Surfer and Special Kush x Skunk1
I will post up a couple of individual plant shots later on once i get the hang of posting pics and a little info on my experiences so far with each strain.

picture.php

picture.php

Slab

Rockstar Kush.
I got 2 females from 3 seeds germinated, im still undecided which one to keep so far and i also have the rest of the seed pack to look through.
They are both slightly different in bud structure and given the chance they both want to grow with a long running cola or two.
The first one, with the dome shaped buds smells the best of the two and is the most resinous but the one with the long spear shaped buds is the most potent of the two.
They are not heavy feeders but they do like to drink a lot of water and though slow to start showing buds at first they put on a lot of weight in the last 3 weeks of flower with the pistils dying off rapidly in the last couple of weeks. I harvest them at no more than 65 days of flower.
picture.php

picture.php

This pic is taken 10 days or so before harvest and gives a better example of the colours it was showing before it really went into finishing up like in the previous two pics.
picture.php

Heres the one with the long spear shaped buds, when i top it it produces two of these long colas.
picture.php

I no longer smoke due to health reasons and nowadays i enjoy eating medibles only so i cannot comment first hand on the smoke. I can however talk about effects and potency as i find it quite easy to discern between different plants and strains effects when ingesting medibles.
I find the Rockstar Kush to be great in social situations as its a very well balanced strong high but if overdone i find it induces sleep especially if taken alone in any quantity.
Friends of mine really enjoy the smoke, they have commented that its some of their favourite weed for a long time and though very tasty and moreish eventually leads to a completely stoned state.

I will get some more pics up in the next day or so of some of the other plants from this run and in the meantime i would like to thank Med-Man for giving access to these strains via his seeds.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey slab

wicked pics dude! thanks for sharing. if you didnt cook them all you would def be the envy of your fellow smokers circle :)

i do notice that from seed almost all my stuff does best between 1.0 and 1.5 ec i do it all the time so i can tell they got a bit hot in the rootzone with salt. i notice with coco a 25% flush, then 50% strength then full strength regime works awesome, as coco can dry fast and salt can build up. just saying/tryna help (not critisize) - they do look amazing :)

looking forward to more pics.

can you describe the smell at all at least ;-)?

thanks ahead

med-man

Slab

Thanks M-M

I am a week into flower with my 3rd go at them so i can try out your tips on feeding them in coco. I am always open for advice and pointers, theres always more to learn which is all part of the fun.

Smells i am getting from the Rockstar Kush so far is of sweet black hashish and incense but with a shisha tobacco component to it. It kinda smells like Flo sometimes but its a lot thicker and heavier.. When i give a cured bud a squeeze it makes my fingers smell like age cured hash from a bubblebag run.

The next few pics are Conkushion
As with all the other plants i am showing, these seeds came direct via your website. In the couple of emails we have exchanged you were saying that these particular Conkushion seeds are from an earlier stabilisation project and are not what you are currently working with. As i understand it these Conkushion seeds are from an outcross made with an MK Ultra male and from my research i believe it was a THSeeds MK Ultra male that provided the pollen.

Out of 5 seeds i have set off so far, 1 didn't germinate and two were very weak, stunted and nutrient sensitive so they were culled leaving me 2 females to look at.
The first one i am aware doesn't look like the Conkushion mother but the other plant that i am currently flowering for the first time looks more like it, at least in the veg state, i am very excited to see how that one turns out.

Back to this particular Conkushion plant, It barely wants feeding or watering and develops huge dinner plate sizes leaves. Its a short and compact plant. During flower it only stretches about half its original height and by the end of week 6 all the hairs have browned but over the next 3 weeks, taking it up to 9 weeks total flowering, it puts on loads more resin and the small buds become more swollen and compact.

It smells great, a little like Bubba Kush and a sweet earthy Turkish Delight kind of scent. The high from it is very powerful, it kicks in really quick, even when you ingest it. Friends i have who are very heavy smokers report that it cuts straight through anything they have been smoking, even after a long all day session.
It makes your eyes look triple glazed and very red and theres no hiding from the fact you look completely stoned. Its a great hit that you get from it and i really like it but i usually save this one for weekends as it makes getting started at work first thing in the morning quite difficult. I will be keeping it for sure, at least until i find something better from the pack.
picture.php

picture.php

Heres the other female, 7 days into flower.
picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey slab

ya alot of gear does run best at 1.0-1.2 EC

and great descriptions! the reason why i always though rock-star was originally a pure afghnai side kush was it is or seems to be a true breeding hasplant. and the description is bang on

as far as the conkushion is concerned, yes that was the mk ultra outcross

i have also used 5 other males, and am currently on the first bx of her

everyone loves that batch you had. conkushion was gifted to me as "bubba" but so were like 3 other cuts i have that are all really different in everyway

thanks for all the sharing slab

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
holy shit slab your conkushians look AMAZING!

the rock star kush, REDIC!

your descriptions make me so stoked I'm growing those out! your confirming med man's description. how awesome is that?

welcome to ic and many many thanks for the pics and smoke report!

edit: this is why the internet is great: sharing of ideas and information!

Slab

Thanks woolybear,
hey you are gonna find something amazing amongst those Med-Man plants you are running, theres no doubt. I think the hardest part for you will be deciding which ones not to keep!

Thanks M-M
Yes they are really enjoying a lower ec. I like the old saying, "Less is more", these plants are certainly confirming that in regards to the quality and quantity of the finished product compared to the amount of nutrients used.
I am really enjoying all the strains and i am setting off more seeds this weekend to see what else is in those packs.
The Rockstar Kush is an amazing plant, its easy to grow, fast to root, big yield, exquisite smell, fantastic high and a beautiful looking plant, that pretty much sums her up for me so far.
I am loving the Conkushion too, it demands your full attention as soon as the high kicks in. When you release your BX1 i will be making a purchase, same goes for some of the BX2 refinements you are working on with your other strains.

This next plant was out of one of the freebie packs of seed labeled Special K x Skunk1.

This is the seed plant but i did take a cutting which is flowering with my current run. I always have a few seed plants in every run to see whats in them and to keep it interesting and hopefully find something better than i have already.

This plant grew quite tall during veg but didn't stretch too much during flower. Rubbing the stem produced a burnt rubber smell and during flower it wasn't very smelly, at least compared to the other strains around it.
It was quite slow to start building buds and for a while i was thinking it was either going to be long flowering or just small yielding. It took a while to start producing visible resin also but at about week 6 of flower it really started to pack on both resin and bulk and the finished plant looked quite impressive by the end of flowering at 9 weeks when it was completely ready to harvest.

My only concern with this particular plant was that at the end of week 5 or so of flower it had produced a small number of male flowers that were just about to open when i spotted them during an inspection.
They were below the canopy towards the bottom on the main stem, maybe 5 or 6 sites in total, i removed them and they never returned.
I think i remember reading that these particular skunks being worked with can throw a male flower or two and i never found any seed in the finished product.
I have a cutting of this Special K x Skunk1 in flower now so i will see if it throws a any male flowers again. All that being said i will have no problem in looking through the rest of the seed pack to see whats there. I will just grow them one at a time and keep an eye on them.
The finished buds cure up to a light green which shows off the thick dusty layer of resin they produce. The smell is of Lime and Hops with a hint of Pine, some burnt rubber and a touch of antiseptic ointment, its not massively strong smelling but its very noticeable when you break a bud up, its a very nice smell.
The high seemed to take a bit longer to build up than the other Med-Man strains i have been enjoying but once it gets going its quite strong and well balanced. It does leave me a little foggy the next morning, but not enough to make me consider using it only at weekends.
picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey slab

you have some really nice chunks. do you use co2?

ya, most the skunks i have or hybrids do not like nutes at all.

over the years over nuting i have noticed responable for everything from nanners, pm outbreaks, stunted growth, black burning bud, killing plants etc etc etc

best to run low and top off then go high and pay the price.

not saying that has anything to do w you, but just saying it could be a factor. most of all my skunks are happiest between 1.0-1.5 ec tops peak bloom.

in any event i appreciate the feedback. i couple other guys got nanners and beans from my skunk tester run so, common to that line. i remember always getting a couple beans from road kill in the 90's

med-man

Slab

hey M-M
Im most definately guilty of stressing plants with too strong a feed here and there.
I always have a variety of diffferent strains going at one time
and so how it works for me is, they all get the same strength feed. Im hand watering the individual plants so i always lift their pot to feel the weight and then give them whatever amount i think they want to drink and all of them get watered and fed once a day
I dont flush the whole run at the same time, they get a bit of individual treatment there too.

And so quite often if the plant cant fit into my system reasonably comfortably after a couple of runs, it usually doesnt get to stay.
I do make exceptions now and then. I really enjoy sativa type strains, i always have time for them.

I dont use co2, my set up is very simple and far from ideal. Heres a closer shot of the Specia K / Skunk. I like it and a few seeds here and there has never bothered me, some plants are worth it and other times its a bonus.
picture.php

Slab

The next pic is Silver Surfer

I had 2 Silver Surfer females flowering from seed. They grew almost identical all the way through except one was a little taller than the other. They looked completely done by 8 weeks flowering but i let them go for 9weeks.
I really enjoyed watching them develop. They stayed compact and short even during flower, they had rock hard buds and smelled really strong. The smell was unmistakably Tropical Fruit but there was also a strong underling smell of fresh hash, it smells amazing!
It was slow to produce branching at first and i only got a few very small cuttings from them by the time they were put into flower. Unfortunately the cuttings didn't root.
I have set off a few more of the seeds as i was quite impressed with how they performed. Its a very nice strain to grow.
The high is different from the other med-man strains i have tried so far, its much more of an up high with a lot less body hit to it. Good daytime weed and good for concentrating on tasks, i spent a pleasant Sunday morning breezing through a number of hated household chores.
I didn't get a decent full plant shot, maybe i can next time, Heres a bud pic taken during harvest.
picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey slab

beautiful man. my mouth is watering as i know how they all smell and taste!

about salad grows, i know man, totally i different world of growing. i notice keeping eveything at or under 1.5 ec keeps a pretty even playing field, but its tuff. i have always had a space packed with testers and or clones of diffe kinds so forgive my oiverlooking that fact, should have known better

med-man

burnedout666

hey slab

beautiful man. my mouth is watering as i know how they all smell and taste!

about salad grows, i know man, totally i different world of growing. i notice keeping eveything at or under 1.5 ec keeps a pretty even playing field, but its tuff. i have always had a space packed with testers and or clones of diffe kinds so forgive my oiverlooking that fact, should have known better

med-man

That is one beautiful photo looks like something Yarnell would paint in watercolor. awesome. gotta get some of that pain killer

woolybear

Veteran
this is a great thread for me to reread over and over again. The pictures and descriptions are great.

The way you describe how conkushian grows reminds me of the menage a trois freebie I had in my first grow. Squat with very little stretch.

I have 5 conkushians and 4 rock star kush - cmon' female pistils! Still have a while to go though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts