What's new

Autoflowering under CFL, what color???

Hi, I am planning on running a small cab with Autoflowering plants.
The target is to grow one or two healthy males, and a few females, in order to produce seeds for the upcoming outdoor season.

Problem is that I've never worked with autoflowering strains before and I am unsure on the type of light that they prefer.

Should I start with 5000+ K bulbs and later on switch to 2700-3000K bulbs (as with normal strains)? Or should I start em under 2700K light right away?

Also what would be the best light schedule for an autoflowering? Is 12 hours fine, or they wont mind 13-14 hours of light?

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Ya a mixed spectrum will do good. If there auto flowering why not run your light 24hrs? I recently had a freind do almost exactly what you did with the Masterlow (mdanzig seeds) which is autoflowering. He was using a hps though and ran his light 24/7 and his plants turned out nice. He was also doing this just for seeds. Just my two cents.

im also doing the same thing rite now im growing auto white russian and auto ak47x nyc deisel i have a male white russian rite now planing on making crosses of the two auto flowers and also f2s of originals i startd mine under 6500k cfls now im using 2650k cfls in flower

*mr.mike*

I would use one 6500 - 6000K light, and a couple of the warmer ones in addition. I would not go with only warm ones, because the 6000K ones will help keep the flowers tight.
I would rather go with only the daylight ones, if I had to.

The mixture is best for me, anyways. I don't want loose buds, and I don't want a stretched 2 foot plant that looks nice in pictures, but has all airy buds.

If I was growing with "real" lights, I would only use MH to keep the finish time under ten weeks... and for resin.

So I intended to use something like 3 large 50W CFL's.
Mixed spectrum sounds good, but i'll have to use less powerfull bulbs in larger numbers in order to mix the light correct... Something like 2 X 25W 6500K's and 6x21W 3000K. That should give 8000-9000 lumens for the planned are of 0.25 sq.m. (50cm X 50cm).

Thanks all for your input.