What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Auto Tao Mix 2

Hoodlum90

Hi,
Ive grown some Auto Tao strains this year.
I dont know exactly which since they are from the mix but i think they are a bit underappreciated.
IMG_20240715_155505.jpg

Sown in may.
They were planted in a 40l fabric pot of organic fertilized soil.

IMG-20240728-WA0019~2.jpg
Started to flower at the end of july. The bud structure is a bit airy sativa style. So far i didnt encounter any mold problems.
IMG-20240822-WA0001.jpg

The plant on the right here flowered earlier ( might be super auto tao or big auto tao) while the one on the left is still taking its time. ( might be Auto Haze)

Screenshot_20240907_131856.png

A Bud of the big or super auto tao a few days before harvest. Could have probably taken another week.
IMG-20240911-WA0016.jpg

I haven been able to weigh the harvest but i was quite pleased with the amount.

It smelled fruity citrus with some hops and spices. The buds are curing right now so i cant talk on the final aroma.
The auto haze has a more hoppy smell.

IMG_20240916_134146.jpg

This is how it looks right now after a week of cold. All in all im happy with the outcome so far. Hardy plants that are ideal for the northern grower and a bit more oldschool genetics wise compared to "modern" auto strains. Potency should be from 10 to 15 percent i would think so a good sativa daytime smoke. Another bonus ( at least for me) is that they are reg so i made some seeds for next year. Happy growing!:smoke:

Attachments

• IMG-20240827-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240827-WA0000.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20240907-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240907-WA0003.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240907_131856.png
    Screenshot_20240907_131856.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Pretty plants, you kicked ass, I love those colors. Thanks for sharing your plants with us. I noticed that you don't use drain trays with your plant containers. How do you water and what type do you use with that mix? Is your soil amended or fed with organic liquid applications?

Last edited:

Hoodlum90

Pretty plants, you kicked ass, I love those colors. Thanks for sharing your plants with us. I noticed that you don't use drain trays with your plant containers. How do you water and what type do you use with that mix? Is your soil amended or fed with organic liquid applications?
Thanks!

The soil was cheap organic soil with relatively little nutrients. I ammended it with:
1tbsp per litre of Italpollina Phenix 6-8-15 NPK + 3 Mg i blended into a fine powder.
Some basal rock powder i think its called in english?
Some spent mushroom growing substrate.
A few hands of alfalfa pellets.

During the veg i gave it alfalfa topdressing to push up the N some.

Pre flower and during flower mollasses.
During flower i gave them a non airated tea of mollases, kelp powder, crab shell powder, humic acid and soy protein.

Thats a sort of diy flower booster.

The left over sludge at the bottom was used as topdressing.
I did this about every week.

In the last weeks only water.

Its my first grow so i dont have everything perfectly tuned but im learning alot.
I didnt have an airpump so the tea was anaerobic.

The last batch even fermented some but i just diluted it more and gave it anyway.

Plants didnt seem to mind.

Last weeks of flower just water.

I water them thorougly with a gardenhose turned really low until the pots feel heavy.

Btw. I think the purple one is a auto tao Blueberry.

I guess i will never be sure but i will pollinate a lower branch with demon auto tao pollen anyway.
Should turn out very colorfull. 😁

Cheers! :)

IMG-20240917-WA0017.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts