What's new

Aussie made grow lights

CharlesU Farley

Familiar with GLA from another forum, glad they moved over here to IC, which has more of an international versus US centric audience. You could not ask for better vendor participation in a forum, without hawking/pimping their products with every post. They will knowledgeably participate in discussions in a very open and honest way. GLA will be a very welcome addition here on IC!

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Familiar with GLA from another forum, glad they moved over here to IC, which has more of an international versus US centric audience. You could not ask for better vendor participation in a forum, without hawking/pimping their products with every post. They will knowledgeably participate in discussions in a very open and honest way. GLA will be a very welcome addition here on IC!
The biggest difference is this place is run by growers, not uptight little girls who sit behind a keyboard with no idea about the industry. Blame me. I had an old account with them and decided to stick it out, but the writing was on the wall long before we moved here. I was accused of spamming LED Teknik for simply posting up spectrographs such as these. They don't even know what a spectrograph/efficiency report is.

Look at that efficiency – 64.5% and 3.19 umol/j from an LED panel that includes almost 1% UVA and over 10% Far Red. Highest "true" full spectrum LED grow light in the industry. People need to know what they're looking at and this is all part of the research we do. We don't make numbers up, we do real testing.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 1.14.47 pm.png

Rgd

Veteran
“Look at that efficiency – 64.5% and 3.19 umol/j from an LED panel that includes almost 1% UVA and over 10% Far Red. Highest "true" full spectrum LED grow light in the industry. People need to know what they're looking at and this is all part of the research we do. We don't make numbers up, we do real testing"

>wish I didn’t have so many leds already..

CharlesU Farley

The biggest difference is this place is run by growers, not uptight little girls who sit behind a keyboard with no idea about the industry. Blame me. I had an old account with them and decided to stick it out, but the writing was on the wall long before we moved here. I was accused of spamming LED Teknik for simply posting up spectrographs such as these. They don't even know what a spectrograph/efficiency report is.
I reluctantly started posting there several years ago, mainly because of Potroast, who I was familiar with from the Usenet group a.d.p.c. in the 90s. Evidently he lost some kind of power struggle with Sunni, a whole lot of long-termers were banned, and things just went downhill from there. I miss Topcat, Injinji, and SpaceGrease for their music but I just don't do well in moderated environments, and that one got to be too over moderated, once the moderating influence of Potroast was gone.

I thought it was too weird they weren't even going to allow GLA to post there anymore, how vindictive?

Anyway, keep those spectrographs coming here on IC, at least the mods here will know it's not spam/bullshit but actual technical knowledge that people are interested in. ;)

Grow Lights Australia

Vendor
What's it gonna cost me to cover a 5 x 10?
Hi @dogzter two of these dual Longboard specials will fill that area with four LED fixtures in total for about 1680W.

After deducting 10% sales tax, 10% IC Mag discount and 5% bulk discount the total would be AUD$3078 or just over USD$2000 plus shipping.

If you are confident wiring up your own driver we can send you 4x driverless kits the same as above but bring your own driver to save money. Driverles kits RRP for AUD$750 each but after your 10% IC Mag discount 10% bulk discount and no 10% sales tax the total for 4x Longboards would be around AUD$2182 or just over USD$1400 plus shipping. Shipping will be substantially cheaper than the driver option because it will weigh about 7.5kg less. You can also get more power by matching each Longboard to a 480W driver instead of the 400W driver we normally ship with. That will give you up to 2000W instead of 1680W. We recommend the Mean Well HLG-480H-54AB driver but there are other models that will work.

I will steal another photo from @Prawn Connery to show what the longboards look like. I posted this photo in the vendor forum and this is a 4x4 tent. In a 10 foot by 5 foot area your Longboards will not be this closely spaced apart. Each Longboard will be about 2.5 feet apart and you will have 1.25 feet at either end. You would hang them about 2 feet above the canopy. You can really hang as many Longboards in there as you like which is what PC does. If you buy more Longboards the price goes up but so does the LED efficiency and yield because you have more LEDs with a more even canopy and better penetration. If you have more LEDs you need less wattage for each fixture. 4x Longboards is the minimum I would suggest for a 5x10 but if money is no object we can build you whatever you want.
IMG_0994.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hahahahaha. :ROFLMAO: Well your name is Gypsy Nirvana so I would hope your crystal ball is working! Cool name BTW.
- Ahh - sometimes it's a bit cloudy ⛅️ - and I can't see so well these days 😪 - so hard to be completely accurate - but in this case - I'm fairly certain - that you will do well - so long as your customer service is up to scratch -

Grow Lights Australia

Vendor
We have a lot of return business so I like to think we offer the best customer service we can. We treat everyone the same way we would like to be treated ourselves and unlike some other companies that have warranties that do't hold up we honour ours. As long as it is not user error we will replace our porduct as quick as we can because timing is very important when you are flowering plants and you can't afford to be without a light for weeks or months on end. I still need to give you guys a banner. I keep forgetting.

stunkfrunk

I'm taken with these LED's, nice one. I still use predominately HID lighting in the tents. I have tried LED from a couple of companies but it was not a good experience even for trying and ended up supplementing them with HID for better result. I like the 4 x 4 shown with the long boards. This summer in uk is going to be hot so I've heard due to the extreme El Nino this last year. I can't afford air con this summer.

Grow Lights Australia

Vendor
I'm taken with these LED's, nice one. I still use predominately HID lighting in the tents. I have tried LED from a couple of companies but it was not a good experience even for trying and ended up supplementing them with HID for better result. I like the 4 x 4 shown with the long boards. This summer in uk is going to be hot so I've heard due to the extreme El Nino this last year. I can't afford air con this summer.
We undertstand there is a small learning curve when switching from HIDs to LEDs so we always offer advice when we sell our lights to slightly increase ECs to begin with and keep an eye on calcium and magnesium levels which are both related to lower transpiration under LEDs. You must also find the sweet spot with the light because a lot of growers who come from HIDs often underestimate how strong LEDs are and often give them too much light.

Latest posts

Latest posts