What's new

ATTN: people who know about electricity or DIY heat gun vapes

ok, so here's the deal. I'm in the process of building a DIY Volcano-type vape with a heat gun and I'm looking at power inverters so I can use it in my car. The heat gun I'm looking at is 1500w. Most inverters out there are rated with a continuous and surge wattage. I'm not sure how long it takes to fill a Reynolds oven bag, but with a 7-8 cfm heat gun, it cant be more than 15-20 sec right? So my question is this: would a inverter thats rated at 700w continuous/1400 surge be adequate? The 1500w+ continuous inverters are huge and expensive, and seem like overkill, hell they're bigger than the heat gun itself! So, who know bout this stuff? Any input is greatly appreciated.
~TWG

Last edited:
G

Which heatgun are you gettin dude.

I would really only reccomend this one. :yummy:

G

Well the sears one is fine just doesnt have a digital readout. Good luck bro

exodus

I believe with my inverter, the continuous load will operate normally, but if you hit the surge wattage for longer than a minute it'll blow the fuse in it. I'd suggest either finding a smaller heatgun, or finding a bigger inverter.

Also, that 1500w might only be when the heatgun is on full blast. Its quite possible if you dont cracnk it up all the way that it wont hit 1500w, but its a gamble.

G

No but did you know one day I saw a new member and his name was TokinBLackGUy.

Latest posts

Latest posts