What's new

Attention Ebb and Grow Professionals! PLEASE HELP

shawnden

I have my mind set on getting the 12 pot (2 gallon each) ebb and grow system... and have a few questions for all you experienced in the system.

Mainly

Is the solution suppose to be the same as hydro?

How often do you flush the neuts?

Is it true you can veg up to 3 and 1/2 feet with the 2 gallon buckets?

Do you need separate buckets for veg and flowering?

Sorry if some/all seem like stupid questions. I've tried hard on my own to find the answers... Hoping you trained professionals could help. Thanks!!!

mule420

I have my mind set on getting the 12 pot (2 gallon each) ebb and grow system... and have a few questions for all you experienced in the system.

Mainly

Sorry if some/all seem like stupid questions. I've tried hard on my own to find the answers... Hoping you trained professionals could help. Thanks!!!

First off I'm no pro...

Yes the solution is the same as all other hydro I ph to 5.6 -5.8

I dont flush my nutes I run Lucas formula I just keep adding nutes and water.

Some other people flush once a week some flush every two weeks so nothing is really set in stone on when to flush :)

And yes it's true I have 5 foot monsters in my rooms right now

And you can veg and flower in the same pots. It's good when you flip your lights to 12 12 to keep the plants on veg nutes for a little while. Then you can drain and add flower nutes. I just let the ppm get down and add my flower nutes in the mix and go...

If you have any other Q's please ask here as you can't pm yet. Peace and puffs

shawnden

I dont flush my nutes I run Lucas formula I just keep adding nutes and water.

I've heard the Lucas Formula is the way to go. So you are growing those monsters in 2 gallons buckets? How do you prevent root rot, which seems to be a problem with these machines.

Thanks again for your helpful detailed answer rep added!

mule420

I've heard the Lucas Formula is the way to go. So you are growing those monsters in 2 gallons buckets? How do you prevent root rot, which seems to be a problem with these machines.

Thanks again for your helpful detailed answer rep added!

Mine are in three gallon cap ebb and grow buckets. And if you put 1" spacers under all the buckets not the control bucket it helps to keep standing water off the roots.

also how big is that room? You running 3 1k lights?

My room is 14'X16' if I remember right. I'm running 3 1000 watts 1 400 watt 1 T-5 HO 8 bulb And about 25 cfls in a ghetto hood I made

also are you using 6 buckets per 1k? Sorry I know I'm needy... Excellent setup btw!

I have 4 plants in the ebb n gro and 3 plants in soil in that room. The three in soil sit under 2400 watts the 4 ebb and grow buckets are under a 1000 watt with a "ocho" hood on a light mover. The floor moves up and down to adjust plant height... Peace and puffs

D

DHF

First off......and I mean no disrespect , but 1000 watt horizontal fixtures barely penetrate down into a canopy 32-36" at 50 watts per sq ft and you`re runnin right around half that mule , so advising someone that it`s ok ta veg plants to 3 1/2 ft before the flip is just wrong.....

I can`t tell by your pics how far up from the bottom you`ve got their legs shaved so maybe they`ll penetrate deep enough if yas clean out underneath and inside , plus keep em pruned and opened up , but in all my yrs I`ve never seen anything but problems outta big plants grown with horizontal fixtures instead of vertical bare bulbs hangin down amongst em..........Nuttin but flarf and popcorn down low that steals energy from the upper limbs and keeps em from bein all they can be.......guaranteed.......

I ran DIY 5 gal ebb and flow buckets for over 5 yrs before switchin ta coco DTW so holler if yas need help......

Mule.......You gonna use the "de-foliation" technique on those plants ?.......

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:.......

mule420

First off......and I mean no disrespect , but 1000 watt horizontal fixtures barely penetrate down into a canopy 32-36" at 50 watts per sq ft and you`re runnin right around half that mule , so advising someone that it`s ok ta veg plants to 3 1/2 ft before the flip is just wrong.....

I didn't tell him anything on when he should flip?

I can`t tell by your pics how far up from the bottom you`ve got their legs shaved so maybe they`ll penetrate deep enough if yas clean out underneath and inside , plus keep em pruned and opened up , but in all my yrs I`ve never seen anything but problems outta big plants grown with horizontal fixtures instead of vertical bare bulbs hangin down amongst em..........Nuttin but flarf and popcorn down low that steals energy from the upper limbs and keeps em from bein all they can be.......guaranteed.......

I have never had problems... Sorry to see you did...

I ran DIY 5 gal ebb and flow buckets for over 5 yrs before switchin ta coco DTW so holler if yas need help......

Mule.......You gonna use the "de-foliation" technique on those plants ?.......

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:.......

I will let my pics speak for them selves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DHF

Dewd........As I said .......I meant no offense , but you`re takin it as such......It`s not about if I didn`t have the luck you did with your setup as I did mine ........

It`s about what works and what doesn`t.......period..........You`re runnin like if I can add up all the wattage at best 4600 watts in 224 sq ft ?........

So you`re runnin lil over 20 watts per sq ft and givin advice ?........Again........You can grow big plants with that kinda wattage , but how long did it take you to get em to this size in veg cycle................

Not really a Newb over here and was tryin ta offer good advice , but you highlighting you didn`t say that he could veg to 3 1/2 ft but rather not sayin he couldn`t is good advice ?........

Please......be happy with what you do with however long it takes you ta do it , but don`t give advice without specifics on length of veg plus how long it takes ta chop yer crop........

Ain`t rocket science , but it is.......crops per yr...........

Peace...DHF........:ying:........

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3.5ft is as tall as id want my girls to FINSH with a 1k... even shaving their legs a little (like the analogy btw im gonna use that!) regardless of grow style/medium...

everybody has their own way fo doing things though

what up DHF?

D

DHF

42" penetration with a 1 KW show`s my Brutha GS`s ability ta clean out from underneath as well as inside for optimum swellage without dealing with popcorn and flarf due to a dialed setup AND OPTIMUM WATTS PER SQ FT......

1000 watters rarely go deeper than 3 ft without pruning/shavin legs underneath and knowing your strain`s stretch ability.........

It`s not a given.........It`s a dialed setup from doin it over and again till it`s right........

Here ta help.........DHF......:ying:......

bendoslendo

Yes sir. I run mine 5.5-5.8

I flush my buckets by back washing plain water during drain cycle between veg-bloom and before final flush and if I notice signs of toxic salt buildup. An easy way to do this is:
1. fill rez with plain water
2. switch controller to drain cycle
3. attach a long enough hose to reach all buckets to fill pump
4. plug fill pump directly into wall (make sure hose is over bucket!)
5. Use your fill hose to back wash buckets
6. After controller bucket has fully drained all your buckets, dump rez and refill with nutes.

I use Pure Blend Pro with great success and 0 salt buildup issues.

Yeah you can grow huge plants in a system like this. However as was mentioned above tall plants are usually not the most efficient way to grow with horizontal fixtures. Plant size/shape has more to do with lighting then it does with hydroponic system.

Personally under each 600w HPS I have a 3'x3.5' screen. I scrog 4 plants under each screen.

If you have a separate veg system/room and plan on moving them to a flowering room/system sure. Each site actually consists of two buckets, one with holes for roots/nutes in the bottom. But no, for regular use you'll just veg/flower in the same buckets.

No stupid questions here baller ;) ask away.

shawnden

However as was mentioned above tall plants are usually not the most efficient way to grow with horizontal fixtures.

Thanks Ben! This really helps rep added.

I was actually thinking of going vertical with 2 1k lights is an 10 x 10 room for plants surround the light. A friend is yeilding around 1 lb per tray on a 1k w/ budding 2.5-3 ft plant...and I want better. Not sure of his veg but his budding is on a 60 day cycle

xxx
xox
xxx
xox
xx

This was going to be experi ental, I've just seen such rediculous results in pictures...really wanted to try it. I=rookie city though...probably not a good idea LOL

mule420

Dewd........As I said .......I meant no offense , but you`re takin it as such......It`s not about if I didn`t have the luck you did with your setup as I did mine ........

It`s about what works and what doesn`t.......period..........You`re runnin like if I can add up all the wattage at best 4600 watts in 224 sq ft ?........

So you`re runnin lil over 20 watts per sq ft and givin advice ?........Again........You can grow big plants with that kinda wattage , but how long did it take you to get em to this size in veg cycle................

Not really a Newb over here and was tryin ta offer good advice , but you highlighting you didn`t say that he could veg to 3 1/2 ft but rather not sayin he couldn`t is good advice ?........

Please......be happy with what you do with however long it takes you ta do it , but don`t give advice without specifics on length of veg plus how long it takes ta chop yer crop........

Ain`t rocket science , but it is.......crops per yr...........

Peace...DHF........:ying:........

Again, did he ask about how long I vegged??? I care less how many watts I'm running. Thanks for the lowdown on my room>>> Show him how to do it then... :wave: And how long it takes matters fuck all, I'm not slinging weed to every joe bro... By all means step in and show us how it's done! Peace and puffs

Oh ps do you even grow weed? You have no pics... Just running your neck? Show me...

D

DHF

I can tell yas this.........I grew colas the size of yer neck outside 28 yrs ago...........

Veg time means EVERYTHING in indoor grows with pitiful light sources , for the turn around that pays for the power bill and gpw`s that take care of the rest......

Best you not fuck with this cuz I assure yas , you`ll come out on the losin end..........I was tryin ta be nice.......You wanna talk turkey........Fuck with me............Guaranteed you`ll be disappointed.......

Best just bow out now with some dignity and say to the crowd that you vegged those plants for at LEAST 2 MONTHS.......maybe more with the miniscule amount of lumens you were tryin ta blast at em with 20 watts per sq ft........

I was tryin ta be nice.......but.......Yas can`t be nice ta some folks regardless of their age and or lack of knowledge and then they wanna tell folks what ta do with a new grow..........

50 watts per sq ft is the minimum for dankage.......Grow up........Not sayin it can`t be done with less cuz I dialed big plants at 34 watts per sq ft , but it took a yr or so with 2 + lb plants in a krusty bucket setup..................

Respect yer Elders......or not.....The choice is yours...

Peace.......DHF........:ying:........

mule420

I can tell yas this.........I grew colas the size of yer neck outside 28 yrs ago...........

Veg time means EVERYTHING in indoor grows with pitiful light sources , for the turn around that pays for the power bill and gpw`s that take care of the rest......

Best you not fuck with this cuz I assure yas , you`ll come out on the losin end..........I was tryin ta be nice.......You wanna talk turkey........Fuck with me............Guaranteed you`ll be disappointed.......

Best just bow out now with some dignity and say to the crowd that you vegged those plants for at LEAST 2 MONTHS.......maybe more with the miniscule amount of lumens you were tryin ta blast at em with 20 watts per sq ft........

I was tryin ta be nice.......but.......Yas can`t be nice ta some folks regardless of their age and or lack of knowledge and then they wanna tell folks what ta do with a new grow..........

50 watts per sq ft is the minimum for dankage.......Grow up........

Respect yer Elders......or not.....The choice is yours...

Peace.......DHF........:ying:........

Like I SAID show us... Show ME make my little cock seem smaller... :cathug: Running the neck...

D

DHF

I`m still waitin for the truth bout yer veg time that seems ta have slipped thru the cracks Mr I know what I`m doin and ableta give advice that`ll help folks and not cost em cash followin foolishly along with your so called dialed bullshit antics.........

Waitin patiently for the truth.......Just be honest....cuz...I know.......as do many others.........

Ebb and flow buckets will grow 32-36" plants under 50 watts per sq ft and do 1 gpw with lil to no veg dialed .....

Your stretched out plants that could never do that are obvious of your ignorance mule but again......I was tryin ta be nice and yas called me out...........

I apologize and bow out gracefully cuz yas still won`t tell us how long it took ta get those plants that size , and when I told yas light won`t travel deeper than 3 ft down yas go all defensive....

Greyskull may get 42" penetration into his canopy with 1 K`s strippin and selective budsite removal for the fiinal results , but I assure yas it`s experience that did it and not stretched out plants like you have that caused it........

Let`s hear some truth......huh ?
........DHF...

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey DHF ive maxed out at 42" accidentally definately not by intential design
i meant to keep them 32-36" with a brazillian but i vegged em a little bit more than i wanted oops. i did make sure to clean them up a little further than usual (pruning and stripping the bottom 30%) and that helped avoid the larf action.

i always crack up when i see folks say 'uh-uh' to an experienced heavyweight

mule, DHF is not running is mouth/neck. dont let the 'oct 09' thing fool you. hes being pretty cool NOT showing you the pics...

im not sure what strain youre running but it doesnt look like youve pruned or stripped any of that growth in there... maybe the strain doesnt need it but id suggest you clean up a few of you bigger plants for shits and giggles next flip.... see what happens when you redirect all that energy that was going to go into larfy low quality sights and channel it into the colas/sights getting the most light (near the top where the lumes are highest) and at worst you'll save some time trimming.... but id bet yod actually get an increase in usable/quality bud yeild.

good call on the 1" spacers btw. thats a gold peice of 411.

play nice hahaha