What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Athena (Colombian Gold 72 X OTH)

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hello how are you?

I present to you the Goddess Athena.

This variety is a hybrid between Colombian Gold 1972 and Oldtimer's Haze.

The best female of Colombian Gold 1972 is selected, the most vigorous, the longest flowering, the best smell, the best effect and the most similar to the old Colombian.

No Colombian Gold 1972 males were found, so it was decided to use Old Timer's Haze males, another variety related to old Colombians.

Oldtimer's Haze is much wilder. The males provide it with new and old blood, making it more extreme, with new terpenes and more vigorous.

This line suffered from a strong inbreeding depression, due to so many years selected with numerous low plants and without providing new blood...

Flowering time is 16-18 weeks. Smells of spices, pepper, fruits...

Here I leave you some photos of Athena and a genotype of Colombian Gold 1972. It looks like a hybrid, it was cut before 60 days and was much shorter. It seemed like a Critical...

I don't know if it was a seed from another variety, cross-pollination or what it was, but it didn't look like Colombian Gold 1972...

A great variety that deserves to be preserved!

It won't let me post photos. I'll post some later... :tiphat:

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello how are you?

I present to you the Goddess Athena.

This variety is a hybrid between Colombian Gold 1972 and Oldtimer's Haze.

The best female of Colombian Gold 1972 is selected, the most vigorous, the longest flowering, the best smell, the best effect and the most similar to the old Colombian.

No Colombian Gold 1972 males were found, so it was decided to use Old Timer's Haze males, another variety related to old Colombians.

Oldtimer's Haze is much wilder. The males provide it with new and old blood, making it more extreme, with new terpenes and more vigorous.

This line suffered from a strong inbreeding depression, due to so many years selected with numerous low plants and without providing new blood...

Flowering time is 16-18 weeks. Smells of spices, pepper, fruits...

Here I leave you some photos of Athena and a genotype of Colombian Gold 1972. It looks like a hybrid, it was cut before 60 days and was much shorter. It seemed like a Critical...

I don't know if it was a seed from another variety, cross-pollination or what it was, but it didn't look like Colombian Gold 1972...

A great variety that deserves to be preserved!

It won't let me post photos. I'll post some later... :tiphat:

Looks good thanks.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Good night from Spain :tiphat:

I can now publish the photos, here I leave photos of Athena and a Colombian Gold 1972 genotype, with short flowering and small size. It looked like a hybrid...:thinking:

Attachments

• Athena 1.jpg
    Athena 1.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Athena 2.jpg
    Athena 2.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Athena 3.jpg
    Athena 3.jpg
    871.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Athena 4.jpg
    Athena 4.jpg