What's new

as the snow approaches.....

Hello fellow quebecers and canadians, well we all know that its coming, and almost here. at the beginning of november already and still having warm sun the past 2 days has been quite the treat. ill be taking advantage of all the time outside i can nowadays, ive been working around the house and property. my wifes been raking all the leaves and cleaning up all the dog poop :) seeing as how i helped with the indoor fall house cleaning and winterizing... im glad i have no gutters to clean....

I recently installed an electric dog fence around my property to give my pooches free run inside the yard and more hours of freedom outdoors. its was a very good deal at only 250 for the whole system and 2 collors. the install didnt even take 30 minutes as it can sit on top of the ground and doesnt have to be buried.. but i buried mine anyways, so the plow and snowblower dont take out the system this winter... funny shit to watch a dog who already knows where the yard edges are, be taught a lesson invisibly everytime they think they are smarter than you lol.. my dogs loves the kids and dogs nextdoor too much lol..

but yeah built a new shed also to house the shovels and snowblower.
cleaned out the cars and got the winter tires placed close by, waiting for that snow now.... change oil on em, tune ups, wipers, winterizing... add the traction aids to the contents off the trunk, lol a chain and rope.. to be a good semaritan or incase you hit the ditch. the snow brush too.. ice scrapper.. some sand bags for the RWD.
covered up the window ac. and im gonna have to do a little foundation work pretty soon.. maybe add myself a 12" exaust vent too
gotta cut the grass one last time too and then a last rake.
my wife wants to plant some more bulbs for a "prettier" yard.

ahhhhh as the cold snowy season approaches...

gotta wax up my snowboard and buy some new bindings (FLOWS, yea)
wash the snowsuit and get ready for the expense of a season pass for the hills.

wanna buy a cheap skidoo this year. if i can get one for under a grand thats in good shape, its something my wife and I would be able to do with her side of the family, they are big on skidoos and trips and shit, so itll be fun...

winter is great, its the prefect excuse for crazy electric consumption, and free a/c aswell. i use 1000w hps and cooltubes to heat my place insted of using heaters... as long as you seal the cooltube path in and out the room real good, no smells and your warm as fuck.. last year with only 4k running i heat my whole basement, first floor and on the second floor i still had to vent out sometimes it was too hot. i ran the lights from 8pm-8am. the meter is never spinning crazy when hydro people check it and it heats the house during the cold nights. by 5-6pm sometimes it would start to get chilly but nothing an extra sweater couldnt fix. my wife still turned on heaters lol...:noway: with her co-op this year id like to not even cook at home anymore and turn the water heater down and go bigger. id like to try for 6k but i think it might be a little much... i know people near me that were running 8k for a little over 2 years with no problems and had an electric bill of 550$ a month lol.. winter makes growing easier i find. humidity is was down, and temps easier to control without a/c, and so much more. i find clones root better for me in the winter too, i think its cause the enviroment in the house is more stable humidity wise...

anyways, just had to ramble on about all the things winter requires....
blah blah blah, so shoot me...
CC:joint: