What's new

Artificial Intelligence...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The birth of Skynet. This site uses AI to generate images from text.
Untitled69.jpg

cd844b54e6.jpg

This is what we see on Social media

Last edited:

Ca++

From the youtube, it does seem to produce some realistic products.

I'm still not sure. If it's as accurate with the conversation expected, It still needs a remote.

What we really need is AI to spot returning spamsters. Things like spelling mistakes. Keywords. Picture posting frequency and resolution. Use of features and navigation tendencies. They are all fingerprints.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
sup hammer i have a huge playlist on youtube for music and last few months its recommended me abunch of ai tunes.its all low view count or none and when i look up the bands cant find anything on them nothing. craziest thing i noticed it takes other music i listen to and mimcks it genre kinda trying luring me in for them ad fees

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
People get confused about the differences between a.i., machine learning and silicon intelligence all the time. A.i. is nothing more than a piece of goal seek software. Just be careful of the goal you give it and the abilities it has to achieve that goal. It would happily wipe us out if we tell it to solve global warming for instance. Machine learning is different, and far more confusing as people only write the skeleton of the software, and allow the software to then fill in it's own blanks in such a way, that it can achieve its goal. Still goal seek, but the software evolves rather than just finding new answers with man coded a.i.
As for silicon intelligence, nothing to worry about, I think we're up to mouse now in the equivalent. Something to talk to is a long way off, and when that comes, the conversation will last 5 mins, and it'll evolve into something that no longer considers us interesting or equals.

buzzmobile

Veteran
sup hammer i have a huge playlist on youtube for music and last few months its recommended me abunch of ai tunes.its all low view count or none and when i look up the bands cant find anything on them nothing. craziest thing i noticed it takes other music i listen to and mimcks it genre kinda trying luring me in for them ad fees
WWRRD?
1689413451961.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AI will have an impact on most things. AI will just get better as it learns.. Theres already thousands of accounts on Social Media AI generated. There are Videos of famous people that are very hard to tell they are fake. One could just make a fake video of anyone to push an idea. This is dangerous and will have a big impact on most things including elections in all countries.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not an expert in the workings of AI. I'll have to take the word from the experts..

Artificial intelligence (AI) is a wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. While AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches, advancements in machine learning and deep learning, in particular, are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.

Artificial intelligence allows machines to model, or even improve upon, the capabilities of the human mind. And from the development of self-driving cars to the proliferation of generative AI tools like ChatGPT and Google’s Bard, AI is increasingly becoming part of everyday life — and an area companies across every industry are investing in.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If you look at my first post here I stated the differences between a.i. machine learning and silicon intelligence. You're still getting them mixed up mate. A.i. doesn't learn, it doesn't evolve, it doesn't do anything other than try every combination possible and examines them. It grades every result and then spits out the best of them. This leads to designs that no human mind would have come up with, but it's not smart, it's not intelligent and it'll never learn or know anything. The clue there is in the name, artificial.
Machine learning will never turn against us, it can't, it has no conscious will. It can learn to tell a cat from a dog, but it can't learn to overthrow a govt or interfere in elections. And that's not a matter of scale or time, it's a matter of existentialism. Crocodiles don't fly, given time they can't learn to fly, but they do have intelligence.
Machine learning is exceptionally interesting, but journalists like to sell stories. Don't let the stories colour your judgement, they exist for profit not education.

Gry

Veteran
i want one that can cook (well, fry bacon anyway) and safely drive a car. surprised that no one has asked for one that can wash pots and trim weed yet... too soon? :unsure:
Read last week that( they have been trying auto driven taxis and
delivery vehicles in San Francisco, and the Fire Marshall is not at all
pleased with them. Have been times the things just freeze up when
they do not know what to do- resulting in the fire dept needing to
move the damned things before they could proceed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As it is today AI is used against us by the people controlling it. I see fake vides all the time.. 50 years from now AI will be controlling whatever people program its capabilities to do. All electronics/software fail/glitch.. . It's not a far fetch notion that in the near future the news reports an AI controlled car/ dog /coffee pot caused a death. Good or bad Machine learning algorithms are hear..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm far more concerned about big pharma than big tech. British govt. officials refer to pharma's as the most powerful private interest group on the planet.

Here's a good example of journalism trying to misrepresent a.i. for the purpose of increasing views and therefore ad. revenue.

What happened was the kid took his allowed move, then tried a second move, in essence, the kid cheated. What's reported is the a.i. punished the kid by breaking his finger. What really happened was the second move the kid made was to take a piece that the a.i. was trying to move. As the kid and the machine arm reached for the same piece, their "hands" were in the same place at the same time, and the a.i. wasn't programmed to back off in a hand conflict situation.

Latest posts

Latest posts