What's new

Anyone Using an Inkbird (or other brand) Temperature Controller to Keep a Refrigerator at 65F for Storing Pot?

Stone

Never mind, here it is.

Ringodoggie

Thanks for all the input, gang.

I have read the specifications on dozens of refrigerators and apparently, refrigerators in the US have a maximum setting of 40F to 42F since storing food at any temp higher is dangerous. Blah blah

As for wine refrigerators and mini fridges, they are simply too small. Right now I have about 60 wide mouth 1 quart jars and I am harvesting so I am about to have 16 more. I usually have between 50 and 100 jars. And, that doesn't count the 50 or so jars of outdoor stuff that I mostly give away. So, a full size fridge/freezer is definitely on the list.

I have until the cold weather hits to make this happen. Right now I installed shelves in the closet where my A/C unit is located and it keeps it a perfect 65F. But, this Winter when the heat goes on, this idea is over so I need the freezer/fridge setup by then.

The beer people suggest a freezer or fridge without a freezer. That makes sense if we are going to use an Inkbird controller. You don't want 2 thermostats competing against each other. I assume that is the reason.

I don't worry much about humidity since the pot is in vacuum sealed jars.

So, what about frost free or not frost free?

Thanks again for all the help and input.