What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Anyone here a 'handler,' for dogs during agility trials?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I recently watched a video clip with a handler running a dog through agility trials at a show.
I have to say, the massive 'JOY' plastered all over the handler's and dog's faces was awesome! I mean WOW! lol

I would love to hear how that all works, and I'm coming up short on internet content. Do you know of any forums/websites/data-dumps where I can learn more?

Damned if I can find the link, or I'd definitely be posting it. :D

Ringodoggie

There is a ton of info at akc.org

Guides on how to get started. Events in your area, etc.

My dog was certified CD, CDX, UD and UDX in Obedience. We have 1 very very rare perfect 200 score.

We did a little agility but he was getting too old to jump that much so we stopped.

And, as you said, there have been very few things in my life that brought me as much joy as that dog and those events. Felt like winning an Olympic Gold. ;)

Good luck.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
And, as you said, there have been very few things in my life that brought me as much joy as that dog and those events. Felt like winning an Olympic Gold. ;)
watching my self-trained Labrador fetch his first duck did the same thing to me. in reality, you do very little training with a Lab, they are HIGHLY motivated and i spent more time teaching him NOT to bring the decoys back than anything else. :cool:

Douglas.Curtis

Thanks and congrats!! I'm actually looking for where trainers would be discussing stuff like we do here about cannabis, though I would imagine they might be cagey about sharing some things. lol I'm keen to learn the lingo and get a better understanding of what transpires between dog and trainer at home and in the ring. :)

Douglas.Curtis

lol For a smart guy, I sure can miss stuff sometimes.

Just added 'forum' to my search terms and found a whole bunch. LOLOLOL

Latest posts

Latest posts