What's new

anybody had sucess breeding autos useing feminzed seeds to start with for the female?

ive heard this can cause hermies,(useing feminzed beans to make more beans from)? anybody with any expereience, there alot of seeds u can get only in fem version right now, mostly dinafems autos are all fem only for example.

Nugga Boo

I don't have an answer for you but another great strain that comes in only fem is Iranian's Short Season. 3-6 oz in 90 days. From seed. My gut feeling tells me that using feminized plants to breed with would produce Hermies. But hermies could be bred out in f2+ generations.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
This leads to a broader breeding question. This has been already debated to death in the Strains and Hybrids forum. If the fem seeds are quality seeds there is nothing terribly wrong in using them to make your own crosses even though is not the best practice.

Peace

=K

caballogitano

had been successful with white dwarf .i will try with other autoflowering strains in the future.
picture.php

album.php

album.php

Muddy

I've never tried it but I've followed many discussions about using feminized seeds for breeding here and on other forums. The general consensus among serious breeders is to never use feminized seeds. They have been genetically manipulated to become feminized and by using them you are passing on poor quality genes to your new seeds.