What's new

Another German...

Hey guys,

I'm in the final stretch of my 30s, have been growing since 2007, initially outdoors (guerilla) and later transitioned to indoor as soon as I had the opportunity. I've been hanging out in German-speaking grower forums most of the time, but unfortunately there's a toxic af vibe in the German speaking "community", so I finally ended up on ICMag like many others apparently.

There's nothing too fancy about my approach on growing cannabis. Currently running a 600W HPS setup with a 120x90cm Homebox, still learning a lot with every run and frequently trying different/new stuff to keep things interesting and push the quality of my crops as far as I can.

First report coming soon. :tiphat:

CharlesU Farley

Hey guys,

I'm in the final stretch of my 30s, have been growing since 2007, initially outdoors (guerilla) and later transitioned to indoor as soon as I had the opportunity. I've been hanging out in German-speaking grower forums most of the time, but unfortunately there's a toxic af vibe in the German speaking "community", so I finally ended up on ICMag like many others apparently.

There's nothing too fancy about my approach on growing cannabis. Currently running a 600W HPS setup with a 120x90cm Homebox, still learning a lot with every run and frequently trying different/new stuff to keep things interesting and push the quality of my crops as far as I can.

The vibe here at ICMag is decidedly non-toxic and the moderators are outstanding in their desire to keep it that way. In addition, there are a lot of very experienced and knowledgeable people who are willing to help if you run into problems or need help.

Welcome to the forum!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

Welcome to the forum look forward to your first report look around the site plenty of interesting threads in all languages :good:

Redrum92

I always find it ironic when a community centered around gardening is tense... let alone gardening a plant that makes you relaxed attracts such angry people. The haze/sativa crew seems to be a real passionate bunch on many forums, for example. How could you fight over such a lovely thing?

Glad you're here with us. Like others have said, it's definitely a mostly positive environment. Been here for years and loved it. Hello from USA. Welcome to the legal club. I hope many other countries/states will be joining us soon too. Looking forward to your log.

I always find it ironic when a community centered around gardening... let alone gardening a plant that makes you relaxed attracts such angry people. The haze/sativa crew seems to be a real passionate bunch on many forums, for example. How could you fight over such a lovely thing?

Glad you're here with us. Like others have said, it's definitely a mostly positive environment. Been here for years and loved it. Hello from USA. Welcome to the legal club. I hope many other countries/states will be joining us soon too

Yeah, it's somewhat ironic... yet, stoners aren't generally relaxed people, and many of the guys on these forums aren't actual growers. There's a lot of people who smoke even though it would be better for them to quit and many who try to cover up general dissatisfaction, loneliness and other problems and who kind of have lost touch with their actual needs and feelings over getting high 24/7.

In addition, there's the notorious smart ass attitude of the typical German and the tendency to feel offended when someone has a different opinion from your own, but well, that's probably not a specifically German problem.

Greetings to the US :cool:

Redrum92

Yeah, it's somewhat ironic... yet, stoners aren't generally relaxed people, and many of the guys on these forums aren't actual growers. There's a lot of people who smoke even though it would be better for them to quit and many who try to cover up general dissatisfaction, loneliness and other problems and who kind of have lost touch with their actual needs and feelings over getting high 24/7.

In addition, there's the notorious smart ass attitude of the typical German and the tendency to feel offended when someone has a different opinion from your own, but well, that's probably not a specifically German problem.

No, unfortunately, that is not specifically a German problem, though it does concentrate more in certain internet communities. I'm sorry it has gotten yours. The internet does reinforce some bad habits in certain kinds of people like that with insecurity, frustration, etc...

I live to learn. I love to find new information. I (usually) love to find out I'm wrong, because it means I'm learning/growing. None of us is a finished, perfected product... we are all a constantly improving, adapting lifeform. For the most part, it seems people here have that attitude: they are just here to learn and share, not to preach or lecture, or to be celebrated or worshipped for gardening techniques

Any time it seems too serious, I remind myself it could be strawberries or tomatoes... grown men and women arguing over techniques for gardening strawberries or tomatoes... and it seems even more silly.

No, unfortunately, that is not specifically a German problem, though it does concentrate more in certain internet communities. I'm sorry it has gotten yours. The internet does reinforce some bad habits in certain kinds of people like that with insecurity, frustration, etc...
Yeah, anonymity and the lack of direct contact with another person makes it easy to misunderstand things and to carelessly say things that you would refrain from saying in a real life situation because a certain basic decency and empathy prevents you from doing so.
Also, you often find yourself talking to people from completely different educational/social backgrounds or age groups or cultures and you aren't even aware of that which makes it difficult to react appropriately. Even if it's actually always appropriate to simply be nice or just ignore things that seem silly.
You have to be aware of this when you're on an internet forum, but it's sometimes difficult and things get misinterpreted very quickly and people start fighting over completely ridiculous things.

I live to learn. I love to find new information. I (usually) love to find out I'm wrong, because it means I'm learning/growing. None of us is a finished, perfected product... we are all a constantly improving, adapting lifeform. For the most part, it seems people here have that attitude: they are just here to learn and share, not to preach or lecture, or to be celebrated or worshipped for gardening techniques
I'm looking forward to that 🥰

chilliwilli

Waterboy

Wenn das deutsche kleinbürgertum auf die rechthaberische art der kiffer trifft.

When the German petty bourgeoisie meets the opinionated nature of the stoners.

Stone

Hey guys,

Welcome from NM USA

Gude!
Wondering which genetics you are growing? Looking forward to your report as your vita seems very similar to my own. Crazy germans 🔥🥦

Have a good one 👊
Grüße aus Hessen
Hey!
I've been messing around with "Cali"-stuff for years, still trying to find out what all the noise is about...
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe it's poor work by third party breeders, but honestly, I'm at the point of getting back to classic dutch genetics because that's what provided me with the best results.

Currently I'm running Durban Poison from DP, Skunk XL and Wedding Cake from RQS, Critical Purple Kush from Seedsman and Animal Cookies x Glue from an "underground breeder" that came with a seed order.
The Seedsman strain came as a bonus seed and ironically is the best performer, but it's actually not the first time I've had this experience.

Grüße zurück, ebenfalls aus Hesse ;)