What's new

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
this works if applied on a regular basis during veg , one of the few and best pesticides in my garden

IMG_8844.jpeg

IMG_8525.jpeg

BrassNwood

Veteran
this works if applied on a regular basis during veg , one of the few and best pesticides in my garden

View attachment 18997101

View attachment 18997102

I keep the Spinosad as the big gun but haven't needed to pull it for a good while now. My yard is naturally thick with both ladybugs and praying mantis and I've disturbed that as little as possible. Bare minimum works for me. I only treat for powdery mildew and the blasted caterpillars. Nothing else seems to get out of hand since I stopped interfering and let things run.

Right nice crop you have there. I've tried to get the wife to let me rip out the backyard lawn and grow 6 huge plants dead center in the best sun but..... LOL

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks. I have been pesticide free for 50 years of indoor growing but I am starting outdoors now so I know I have to learn to deal with insects.

@bigsur51 do you use that Spinosad product during flowering as well as during veg?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thanks. I have been pesticide free for 50 years of indoor growing but I am starting outdoors now so I know I have to learn to deal with insects.

@bigsur51 do you use that Spinosad product during flowering as well as during veg?
It was caterpillars that decimated my first big modern era grow back in 2013 at a new location. I didn't know any better and the little fucks ravaged the plants into uselessness. I had it all nice and trimmed and hung when the first of the bud worms started crawling out and hanging from silk.

Just a few at first but more with every passing hour until it was dozens then hundreds an hour. I'd sweep off the hanging caterpillars only to find more and more a few minutes later.

All but one plant was so badly infested that I wound up destroying 90% of that first big outdoor attempt.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

no Sir!…just during veg , usually stop about two weeks before flowering starts

we have miller moths really bad and those are the ones that lay eggs on pot plants and the eggs hatch into those pink worms that bore through the stems and turn buds into crap and wreak havoc on a cannabis plant

we also have biblical plagues of huge grasshoppers , big as a small sparrow TINS and our remedy for that is chickens…if you can have chickens , they will be the best defense agains bugs in the garden

another product that I use during veg is Pyganic and Azamax….so my plan is Bt with Spinosad , Pyganic , Azamax , and chickens for the win

nothing goes on the plants in flower…in fack , i buy ladybugs and praying mantis to release iin the garden during flowering

good luck

IMG_8188.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_7876.jpeg
IMG_5694.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240504_182240520.jpg

The 42 overflow clones. Free to a good home.

PXL_20240504_205213289.jpg

Won't be the first time I had to destroy a ton of clones. I'll make the call at harvest at the end of the month. Likely let the Sorbet #4 go as they stay small, and I have the room for big plants.

PXL_20240504_222551688.jpg

Like this Forest Gump. Damn she smells like candy.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240508_212218923.jpg

My Implant.

PXL_20240507_024328036.jpg

Hooked up to everything that beeps and clicks and whistles when I'm not breathing fast enough.

PXL_20240507_190807334.jpg

Lunch Tuesday. I was out the door and, on my way, home just 4 hours after this.

PXL_20240508_191742427.jpg

Travelers are good as I was only gone 2 days.

BrassNwood

Veteran
So don't be fooled. Endovascular is still meatball surgery and the body treats it as trauma. I had just been doped via IV before being discharged and once that wore off woooooohooooooo this HURTS!

Not wanting to take more oxycodone as I'd like to crap again in the not too distant future, I'm relying on 2 aspirin and 2 Hash caps every 3 hours.

Feels like I've been shot through and through damn near on my left nipple. A bit inboard and up. The back location hurts far worse. Haven't slept more than a catnap as the pain level is simply too high.

Just back from a bit of a walkabout.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear it went well. Probably smart to stay away from the oxyconton. Going to be tough, but try and get some rest even if its not sleep. The capsules are going to help the body heal. Take some of that lecethin, it makes me feel good. I mix it with water or beet juice.

Love the new hash capsules with the more mature SCC. Just a little bit more potency than the late Sept harvest ones.

Wouldn't be wrong to take 3 caps every 3 hours because yours are size 0 and 3 of those equal about 2 capsules of size 00. Sounds like you have a good supply. They are a great type of medicine because they have terpenes which really boost the effectiveness.

Will keep you in my prayers. :smoke:

BrassNwood

Veteran
I actually got some sleep last night. 9 until 1am. up for a whizz and more aspirin and a hash capsule and back to bed. Woke up at 6 drenched in sweat, the bed completely soaked and in screaming agony.

2 aspirin let me shower but as I was dressing a wave of pain left me gasping for breath with tears streaming down my face unable to call the wife for help. I couldn't even stomp my feet. Staggered out clutching the last lidocaine patch and one of the Oxy's and it's at an almost tolerable pain level now. Good news is the fever I've had since the procedure was done has broken. 97.6 this AM.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear you got some rest. I have heard that pain management is best done with regular medication, but I would be very cautious about using the oxycodone.

Cannabis actually makes me sweat in my sleep. Some strains do some don't. Its mainly the greasy indica type plants. Just have to not smoke too much too late before bed.

BrassNwood

Veteran
The major pain point on my back just suddenly switched off Tuesday at 10:00 WHEW, almost exactly 8 days.... That helps a bunch. Now if the constant low-grade fever would get done, I'd feel almost human again. Waking up at 02:00 soaked in sweat every night is getting damned old. Shower, toss the sheets in the washer and set in the chair until the rest of the world comes alive.

Moving the road show to the mountain cabin today as that is much closer to the LifeStream blood draw sites in Riverside and San Bernadino. 1st draw Thursday, next the following Monday then Thursday again. That gets us 3 pints of the 4 requested by the surgical team. We can still get in one more within 72 hours of the procedure so the 4th should be doable.

Thank God for LifeStream. The Red Cross is next to useless for autologous blood donation without a month's long lead time just for the paperwork end. We've literally had to teach the surgical team and the hospital the process as they didn't have a clue. We don't get this request very often.

Living through the AID's era where the blood supply was in question might be why I'm so hot on donating my own where possible. Since I didn't take the COVID "jabs".

Latest posts

Latest posts