PXL_20231121_015450824.MP.jpg

Garden side.

PXL_20231121_015501880.jpg

Garage wall.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet you avoid some of the insect pressure doing the winter harvest. Or do you deal with caterpillars still? They probably have waves and cycles I assume.

Looking great, looks like some healthy plants, running on schedule!

BrassNwood

Veteran
I bet you avoid some of the insect pressure doing the winter harvest. Or do you deal with caterpillars still? They probably have waves and cycles I assume.

Looking great, looks like some healthy plants, running on schedule!

Even in Summer I only fight the Caterpillars and the powdery mildew. Between the ladybugs and the praying manti I really don't do much at all any longer. Off season I do even less. A lot of nothing. BT and high PH water is all I've used for the last several years.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, love those natural predators. Was dry late summer here and had lots of aphids. The ladybugs were in pretty high population living on my plants. Didn't have to worry about a thing. If you start spraying pesticides, it can cause outbreaks later on because it diminishes the beneficial predator insects.

Haven't heard about high pH water. I know regular water helps to knock off aphids and other small sap suckers. Do you recommend insecticidal soap? Not sure if thats organic or not, but sounds like you don't need it! Soap wouldn't control the caterpillars, I'm pretty sure.

BrassNwood

Veteran
I use 9+ PH water to combat the powdery mildew. A tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate to a gallon of water and drench spray once a week.

I've run a naturalized yard for 10 years now and my beneficial insect population is higher then ever. I do try and boost it buying ladybugs and mantis pods when the garden center has them.

mike-or-ozzy

I use 9+ PH water to combat the powdery mildew. A tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate to a gallon of water and drench spray once a week.

I've run a naturalized yard for 10 years now and my beneficial insect population is higher then ever. I do try and boost it buying ladybugs and mantis pods when the garden center has them.

Your yard is beautiful BrassNwood, you do a lot of production in a small space, and organic to boot, great stuff indeed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep them warm. Will be worth the trouble to have some healthy rooted cuttings. Seeds are easier by the way, but then you have to sort them out later to find keepers. Have a good time in the mountains. :smoke:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Keep them warm. Will be worth the trouble to have some healthy rooted cuttings. Seeds are easier by the way, but then you have to sort them out later to find keepers. Have a good time in the mountains. :smoke:

The tag less ones and the blue dreams are seedling cuts and unsexed yet. I'll likely fire more seeds the 1st of January as I like to do my seedlings and sexing in the off season and have all my clones ironed out for the June 1st setout.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20231214_014047807.jpg

Survivors and some are rooted. Stopped at the midpoint for Santa on his Fire Truck. Supposed to do the Citrus Singers / Bell Ringers here tomorrow night. Well Santa just blasted past at 50mph and by the time we rushed out the whole procession was gone. WTF? 3 firetrucks and 4 squad cars all hauling ass. They used to crawl at no more than a brisk walk. This was nuts. No music. No horns. WTF indeed.