What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Aliendawg and Albert Walker in Coco

TRA1NWRECK

And Im bummed...

So Ive been hearing about how maybe my plants have nute deficiencies, so I was reading a thread about how root aphids are a common pest that goes un-noticed. Well I uncovered some soil and did some inspecting, and I found them in both rooms. Nothing flying around, but in a couple plants I uncovered some soil and could find maybe one or 2 tiny little bugs. Smallest Ive ever seen.

Does anyone have any advice? I looked thru a thread and was thinking about dosing them with some Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer, but wondered if its just too late.

What are some good preventative steps I can take so this does not happen ever again?

After this run I am going to break down both rooms, clean them, and let them sit for about 2-3 weeks so I can kill any living eggs or whatever.

Again, any help would be much appreciated, I am super bummed out about this.

Update from last night.

So I was really freaking out over this last night. I usually use a pyrethrin timed air sprayer. I had taken both out of the rooms about 3 weeks ago because I wasnt having any problems with bugs.

After finding literally 4 bugs in the 4 pots I checked, I sprayed the tops of the pots with the pyrethrin. And turned on the auto sprayers again. I am looking thru the pots today, and cant find any bugs. When I found them last night, there wasnt more then one or 2 I could find in each pot. The bugs are very tiny.

I was reading that coco soil could maybe come with eggs in it. And that most of the time, they just never grow into full adults. I feel a little better today knowing this. And that maybe its not going to be as big of a problem as I had thought.

Update V2

So I talked to my buddy who Ive been learning from for years. And he told me about predatory nematodes. I guess they eat the root aphids? This seems like the best solution so far. I would just like to learn a little more about them, so I am doing a little research on adding these guys to my nutes. If anyone has any experience with this problem, or with nematodes, please chime in. Thanks everyone.

TRA1NWRECK

64 days, still going strong. The nematodes seemed to take care of the root aphids. I havent been able to find a single one. I will be chopping in about a week! My ex took the digi camera, so im going to have to go get a new one. Im thinking about getting a DSLR. Any opinions on a good one?

G

guest5703

how much do you want to spend? The T2i for around 650 now is seriously an awesome camera. Its what I use. Where did you get nematodes?!?!?

TRA1NWRECK

how much do you want to spend? The T2i for around 650 now is seriously an awesome camera. Its what I use. Where did you get nematodes?!?!?

I picked up a sponge that said it had over 1 million living predatory nematodes for $15 at SD hydro. Seems to have worked.

TRA1NWRECK

No guys, sorry no new pics. I have 2 plants left to harvest. Everything came out great. I will be running Digilux bulbs from now on, and nothing else. My room of alien came out really nice, a lot better then the aliens under the sunmaster bulb.

I just picked up 12 Chem D clones, because it was by farrrrrrr THE best strain I have ever run in my life. And I have 4 sour doubles. so 16 total vegging for next round. I will be out of my freaking mind with all this chemd. What a great strain. I will take some dry nug shots very soon, within a week or so til I pick up a new cam.

Thanks to everyone for your help thru this grow. Dry nug pics coming soon!!

P.S. Albert Walker is pretty amazing also. No smell or taste like it. Pure grapefruitiness.

TRA1NWRECK

So I am running some alien and alberts at a buddies house. The ones I did I wasnt too impressed. A buddy of mine said strains like that, that dont come out good are probably lacking cal/mag. should I add this to my regimen?

TRA1NWRECK

So how did the Alien Dawg compare to the Chem D? And yes to Calmag.

the alien doesnt even come close! I ran everything under the same regimen, and the aliens came out not even good IMO. kinda bummed on it. But it could be the calmag issue. so I am not going to run calmag on my chemd, but I am going to run it on the aliens and alberts at my buddies.

Ps- how many weeks is sour dubble?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
sour dubble is a 8-9weeker... Ive seen it taken 10... It was maybe a bit stronger... But the taste is best when cut at 8 weeks

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
57-58 days for the primo flavor
the buzz gets a little lockier the longer it goes but, like bubba imo, it loses its specialness when you drag it out past 8 weeks. its loses the extreme sourness.
good luck

TRA1NWRECK

Search on the Strain list here at ICMAG, I did a report myself on Sour Dubble. Peace

Here you go I looked it up for ya

https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showstrain&id=2259

Nice report cali. So my chemd was by far the best herb I have ever grown. And im very happy to be running 12 of these badboys. I got 66g off just one plant. Do you think I should run calmag, would that make it better? Im just scared to change the regimen from my last grow, because the chem came out so good, I would hate to mess it up. Opinions....?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Definitely use calmag... Use it always really, veg, flower.. all the way until flush...
Ive always just used a 1teaspoon per gallon.
The Aliendawg is definitely a calmag whore...
OG's love the calmag too...
Chem D isnt as much of a whore as those, but still needs it for sure

TRA1NWRECK

Definitely use calmag... Use it always really, veg, flower.. all the way until flush...
Ive always just used a 1teaspoon per gallon.
The Aliendawg is definitely a calmag whore...
OG's love the calmag too...
Chem D isnt as much of a whore as those, but still needs it for sure

for sure for sure? ill do it. i trust you guys.

Latest posts

Latest posts