What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

OleReynard

Does anyone know where i can get this cut? I haven't seen this shit in a decade and I don't even live in Upstate NY anymore so the likeliness of me finding a cut locally in Las Vegas is doubtful. Cheapest I can find is from Hash Nerd for $500. I've been hunting for this for a while now
AKBB has beans available from this strain, he sent me some.
Wasn't looking but he threw them at me anyway.

Jutachi

Day 10 of flower on the girls so far. Cloneys cut growing nice and healthy. Will post again once I have some solid Flower shots 💪💪🔥

Attachments

• 1000005313.jpg
    1000005313.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 1000005309.jpg
    1000005309.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • 1000005310.jpg
    1000005310.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 48

draztik

Veteran
There's a lot of evidence coming out now that many mental issues have an inflammatory component. As someone who struggled with a bad dose some years ago - both mental and physical manifestations - this is what worked for me. In my experience I found that there is generally too much emphasis on mental causes. In my case, I managed by hard work and sheer good luck to find the root cause of my D/A. Namely the gut bacteria Helicobacter pylori. Which manifested huge inflammatory levels in blood test. Which obviously effected many things, including neurotransmitters. After the antibiotic protocol I was like born again in weeks. So much suffering... such a simple cost effective cure. Had no re occurrence since. Around 50% of human population have Hp apparently? The diagnosis is pretty straight forward. In my neck of the woods it costs nowt. Worth a try IMHO.
Can you tell me what antibiotics they put you on and what test you asked for to find out? Thanks

acespicoli

1710951516510.png

Sour Deezel 80-90% RH and 90-100F ran without a hiccup all the way till the end
People say she is a diffcult grow, one of the easiest imo
1710951694040.png

High Times - '2006
1710954594511.png

WCSD '2014

Will say that Albany is the home of the Orig 'skunkbud' not the hybrid the pure indica
Stinky

Jcue81 looking forward to trying the Albany​

seems like it leans more to the chem side?

try to get some dry trimmed and 10x - 60x micro pictures up for yall to check out

Last edited:

iriveru

So I ended up chopping her at day 70. Could’ve pushed further but I was mainly cloudy with 20% amber which is my preferred ripeness. I may consider running one for 77 and another for 84 to compare but so far I’m happy. I’ll update with much better pictures once dried. The pictures are a bit deceiving but these colas are the size of my arm.

Additionally, my sour tests came back negative as well. Had an issue with a different cultivar but was handled promptly so I’m satisfied.

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0270.jpeg
IMG_0271.jpeg

Jcue81

So I ended up chopping her at day 70. Could’ve pushed further but I was mainly cloudy with 20% amber which is my preferred ripeness. I may consider running one for 77 and another for 84 to compare but so far I’m happy. I’ll update with much better pictures once dried. The pictures are a bit deceiving but these colas are the size of my arm.

Additionally, my sour tests came back negative as well. Had an issue with a different cultivar but was handled promptly so I’m satisfied.

View attachment 18976221
View attachment 18976215 View attachment 18976216 View attachment 18976217
Oh wow, that is some proper sour. Nice grow!!

Mimpi Manis

Can you tell me what antibiotics they put you on and what test you asked for to find out? Thanks
Well its been 20 years plus. So AB's would have encountered resistance and been changed in relation to my treatment. Which I believed used two AB's and an acidity reducer (Proton Pump). Here is some info which you may be able to followup. Your medical practitioner ought to be up to date with latest, but this article mentions a 4x combo... given the difficulties dealing with this sucker. Understand you may have other inflammatory causes... but this is a good start. Good luck. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7365691/

acespicoli

It’s is hard to grow her well where she smokes really nice IMO. It looks like you’ve still got 3+ weeks left. What day are you on @acespicoli ? Best of luck on a strong finish.
that was day 45ish think 70+ days like you said is when she was shining depending on other factors
Container size light intensity and what type effect you prefer
She was fresh looking all white hairs ends bulkier and more foxtailed the longer you wait
Trichromes clear cloudy or amber, if you ever get rot or herm issues you prob waited too long with these lines
>>>Best>ibes :huggg:

draztik

Veteran
Well its been 20 years plus. So AB's would have encountered resistance and been changed in relation to my treatment. Which I believed used two AB's and an acidity reducer (Proton Pump). Here is some info which you may be able to followup. Your medical practitioner ought to be up to date with latest, but this article mentions a 4x combo... given the difficulties dealing with this sucker. Understand you may have other inflammatory causes... but this is a good start. Good luck. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7365691/

Thanks, I got food poisoning last year and my gut hasn't been the same since. The doctor never mentioned H. pylori bacteria to me. I was researching gut health earlier this week and it popped up as a possible cause to my problems, then I see you mention it in this thread, it's has to be a sign lol.

Back to the topic, Albany Sour Diesel cut I received recently. I haven't had a chance to flower her yet.

Attachments

• 20240321_101725.jpg
    20240321_101725.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jutachi

Sour Diesel Day 27 of flower Cloneys cut. Will report back again in a couple weeks with more flower shots. Looks real good so far. Smells great too.

Attachments

• 20240403_014612.jpg
    20240403_014612.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240403_014538.jpg
    20240403_014538.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • 20240403_003113.jpg
    20240403_003113.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20240403_014359.jpg
    20240403_014359.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

BerryManilow

Some 5 day dried ECSD. This cut is fucking awesome, straight skunk and kerosene taste and yes it is mouth coating af. Smells like sharp diesel fuel, can’t wait to try the slower dried buds on the branches, this was a bud clipped off and dried on a dvd case at 60/60. Temps never reached above 78, and no light stress or under feeding occurred. At this point, I’m gonna try running the cloney cut just because I like that it’s louder in smell and way better in yield terms than my cut, but I’m completely happy with this cut and the quality tells me it’s the sour I’ve been searching for all along! Zero citrus in the flavor View attachment 18964718
Been lurking this thread for a while in the hopes to find a cut of the "real sour" from back in WNY around 2003-2006. I thought I was on the hunt for the AJ cut, but after seeing the different foxtailing, all the photos in this thread, and hearing the reviews, the AJ isn't the one that I'm hunting down. I don't care if it's the "real sour", I just know the one we had was the Sour D around here.

I started growing in '03 so was later to the game than the original / weasel diesel going around, and the sour was one of the first cuts I grew, and kept up until about 2010. Ended up getting rid of it cuz it stunk so bad and took 75-80 days. Living in the suburbs back then, it was absolutely not possible to grow it. I lived in the city with it and it stunk out the whole block. My dog, and neighbors dog, got sprayed by skunks like 10 times one summer because of the sour. It was like pepe le pew to the skunks in the area.

Ever since NY legalized, all of the old heads are either keeping it real close, or it's not the same sour being passed around. My source dried up so that's not an option. About to pull the trigger on the Chaco cut as that seems to close to what I remember and I know someone with it. The JP cut seems to be pretty close as well. Out of this whole thread, this ECSD looks like the sour we had in the circle. It didn't have any citrus, it was just straight skunky fuel. If you have any leads on this clone or would be willing to part with one, please let me know!

These are the only pics I could find of the Sour we had back in the day. The first photo is when we got the sour. They were covered in mites and pretty rough looking. Second photo I was able to get them healthier and keep it around.

Attachments

• IMAGE_006.jpg
    IMAGE_006.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAGE_005.jpg
    IMAGE_005.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 32