What's new

Ahmar F1 : 60s Panama Red x Chefchaouen 'Sativa' Hashplant

island_organics

Respect to @VerdantGreen for sending me some Ahmar f2’s to grow out here in Spain. I love the history behind these and am excited to continue the line as best i can.
519AEBBB-540C-4D41-80B8-18192A90D5C9.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one @island_organics hope they do well for you i'm looking forward to seeing some F2s... and i think this cross would be a great 'clean' starting point for anyone who wanted to do some line breeding and make selections. The two girls i got so far have some distinct differences.

i will try and send a few packs to seed boutique next week as well just in case anyone wants to jump on these early.. the more F2s we can see the better !

my new F1 plants 6-10 were flipped to flower on monday so we should see what we have there soon as well.

VG :tiphat:

island_organics

The red phenos of ACE Panama are said to have that effect as well.
I just finished a jar of Ace’s red hair Panama and it’s good stuff. Cerebral and physically relaxing is how I’d describe it. The green phenotype is a more cerebral and clean energetic effect, both are potent. I’ve sent a couple of low tolerance friends into orbit for several hours after smoking my Panama. I highly recommend it.
3A11D325-F218-4C54-884C-A15D3C867047.jpeg
AA1C0714-3B43-43E9-868C-056F3D309D3E.jpeg

island_organics

Nice one @island_organics hope they do well for you i'm looking forward to seeing some F2s... and i think this cross would be a great 'clean' starting point for anyone who wanted to do some line breeding and make selections. The two girls i got so far have some distinct differences.

i will try and send a few packs to seed boutique next week as well just in case anyone wants to jump on these early.. the more F2s we can see the better !

my new F1 plants 6-10 were flipped to flower on monday so we should see what we have there soon as well.

VG :tiphat:
Yeah i’m excited to see what comes out of the f2 population too. Hopefully we’ll see more people growing them soon. I now have 5 healthy seedlings out of the 6 seeds i sowed.
838C519F-72C6-43D5-8E45-7312153674A1.jpeg

El Timbo

I just finished a jar of Ace’s red hair Panama and it’s good stuff. Cerebral and physically relaxing is how I’d describe it. The green phenotype is a more cerebral and clean energetic effect, both are potent. I’ve sent a couple of low tolerance friends into orbit for several hours after smoking my Panama. I highly recommend it.

Nice - I have 3 fems lined up to be part of my next grow.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff, yes interesting that the effects of the Ace phenos are comparable even though it looks more narrow leaf in most pics (although a few have broader leaves if you look through the thread).
Here are plants 6-10, flipped about 5 days ago.
they all seem to brance quite evenly (unlike red 5 in the last batch which kept 2 strong top branches)
6 and 7. plant 6 has stayed a fair bit shorter
ahm7&6side.jpg
AHm6&7.jpg
Ahm6&7top.jpg

VG

Pollypak

Funny thing, Ace's Panama in 2007 was really skinny leaves. Nowadays... not at all. Draw your own conclusions. And enlighten me regarding what other source of Panama seeds (other than Ace, CBG, and related) is available, I humbly want to know.

island_organics

Funny thing, Ace's Panama in 2007 was really skinny leaves. Nowadays... not at all. Draw your own conclusions. And enlighten me regarding what other source of Panama seeds (other than Ace, CBG, and related) is available, I humbly want to know.
Two decades of indoor breeding will alter the morphology of the original stock used. Dubi has gone into this on the Panama thread in the Ace forum.
I grew some of the latest release outdoors last year and didn’t see any wide leaves. The indoor environment might bring out a broader leaf though.
02F5EEA1-827F-47C4-8420-A28E65E1488B.jpeg
5AE53F03-DB3A-4A4A-90BC-F8ED9705D72E.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you look back in the thread, Raco posted Charlie Garcia's original description/story about the Panama Red from way back.. he mentions the wide leaves. AFAIK ACE's Panama combines 3 different panama lines or something like that.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good.. obviously too early to say, but that won't stop me pointlessly speculating that the second down on the left looks slightly different 🍿

VG