What's new

African Strains

B

bonecarver_OG

i harvested a mozambiquean a few days ago - soon ill post some more pics :D

this pic is from a few weeks before the harvest

B

bonecarver_OG

many african strains are a blast when grow with care - its good genetics - but most of the comercial african export quality never comes even close to some good homegrown well taken care of bud - spidermites or not :D hehe

the flavour and smell of this strain is interesting since its quite fruity and spicy - reminds me a bit of some malawi bud i smoked very many years ago.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Looks nice :) Was she in your opinion not resistant to mites? How did your other plants react to them? Mites seems to love some strains, while others seem almost immune to them.

zeno

here 1 of the african lady's
i think its a longtime flowerer.
4 weeks flowering :

Foto-DSTW3XQO.jpg

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread :yes: :canabis:

- - - - -

Nubian

History: These seed were c/o of BeAn,, direct from the palm of a Bedu.

Source: Sinai Dessert, Egypt, N. Africa

Local name: "Bango"

Thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72414

Photos -

Seed:

Seedling:

Vegetative growth:

Flowering growth:

- - - - -

Hope this helps
peace
dLeaf :joint:

*we will update the flowering photos as and when :canabis:

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

thule - mites go for the weaker (less resistant because of nute problems etc) plants - it can be any strain at any given moment - however healthy plants are a bit less of a target for the mites.. - so its mostly luck or the alck of it hehe

peace

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hello African erb´lovers :wave:

Hola Bone!!! Nice to see you for awhile, cool to know you got some African jelly to smoke there at christmas time! We still dont have snow in southern Finland, just this freezing winter breeze that is taking my mind & health. I would hope some snow here, so I can take my son & sledge and go downhill :biglaugh: Naah, snow isnt too important for me, but it´s a must for kids!! Anyway, im happy for you that you dont have to live in the land of your ancestors :wink:

As for the mites..

Yes, they go after "weak" plants, but some strains just atract them! For example, I did a grow of 5 G13 x HP & 1 Original Haze x SK#1, the hazeskunk did bring those creeplers into my garden :cuss: while them mites werent too fascinated about G13 x HP...

However, despite the fact it is "mitemagnet" Original Haze x SK#1 also has great resistance to mites and still produces good yield, despite the mites...

My garden is full of different sativa´s / sativadom divas at the moment, so it´s going to take me some time, before I can start any new projects we have been talking with some of you!

Swazi lady is in great shape and is in fact very resistant to mites:) There´s some Kali Most, Destroyer, Original Haze x Malawi Gold, Neville´s Haze + many other goodies currently running :redface:

Please keep us updated DocLeaf, very interesting beans you are growing indeed.. I have been in Egypt and smoked that funky charas they got there, all I can say about the effects of those different charas qualities is :woohoo:

I hope everyone has merry christmas!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Some scars that poor mosambiquean has (had) Bone, looks like her pimp cut her up.

Here are some South African genetics, there's supposed to be some Durban in here, but some off the girls grow haze-like.

B

bonecarver_OG

herbalistic :D hehe i saw snow the other year hehe - there was some in the mountains around here :D

even though it might seem like some strains are more likelly to get attacked by mites - it is in reallity not the strain it self - rather the environment this particular plant is in. I have read a lot about the mites and their behaviour - since in these extreme conditions i grow in - insects are a serious threat.

most indicia dominant plants with FAT leafs (or even just a harder "plant skin") are more unlikelly to get attacked at first - but yeah they will get attacked in time also - when the mites have eaten the others first :D hehe

also there is different varieties of mites - and some mites - like the ones we get down here even attack fruit, trees and bushes outside - so i bet the cannabis plants seem like a feast for them - considering the fact all other plants/trees etc around here have been sprayed with industrial insecticides - ..

One tip against mites - Vacuum-clean ur plants.. it really works!

rosy - hehe the mozambique got a bit bitten - but that aint no problem :D this lady is strong and it needs a bit more than an army of bugs munching her up :D to get her down..

i guess u mean "haze like" as in heavy sativa straits like thin long leafs etc - some africans do that - its fairly common :D but the purer hazes seem to get much more open bud structure - and take much longer flowering :D

durban posion was the first S.A strain i grew out - it was definetly nice :D very vigorous..

Malawi is an other nice one :D

ill take some pics when the buds are dry :D

peace all!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bone,
very nice man!!
send me a sample!! :wink:
Rosy,Herbalistic,Marijuanamat :wave: :rasta:

G

That Mozambiquean looks very nice indeed, quite unique looking. Is that the same strain as you had a 5 foot plant of in a tiny cup of coco that I was amazed by in the Revival of the UST thread? That plant inspred me to try coco for myself more than anything else.

I realise it's not a pure African, but has anyone grown reeferman's Nigerian Nightmare? I have a pack and was thinking of popping them, then finding the best lady to clone and put some clones outdoors.

G

How big was the pot you flowered her in then? I haven't done a pure sativa in coco yet, I've done some quite sativa dom things such as a SSSDH that was very hazy and took 14 weeks, a Mexican that looks to have some indica in her and some Blueberry x Zamalhaze.

I'm going to try some African bagseed 12/12 from seed in 1.5 litre pots of coco in a couple of weeks, the weed the seeds came from was very good, it was only lightly preesed and you could pull apart whole buds from the brick, the buds themselves had been manicured and it was only very lightly seeded. I think it was a Swazi or Durban type from the taste, although could be from anywhere in Africa.

Latest posts

Latest posts