What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Afghan mix by TRSC

MROrganicGreenz

I got some freebies Afghan mix from TRSC a while back. I was super stoked to see how a real landrace might grow. After putting 2 seeds into soil I was a little sad about how slowly they were growing. One of them died off pretty fast but the other stayed with me. Tbh I might have fkced it up a bit, since I am not used to growing landraces, especially those where you don't really know what comes around. The main shoot was a little off at the beginning, for which reason I just snapped it off. One of the side branches grew to be the new main shoot and it started to grow in a normal indica manner. Fast forward to today, I had to harvest the main stem a week ago, since I got a spider mite infestation and I didnt wanna risk it. By today the mites didn't take over so I might have acted to fast, but I am okay with that. In the pictures you can see a very typical afghani bud structure. I am really amazed by this inflorecense. After a few cold nights it also started to purple. The yield is more on the lower end, but thats also coz I took very low nutrient soil and didn't really feed them too much (1/4 of normal feed).
The smell is very hashy with a slight hint of orange or tangerine, something citrussy but not lemon.

I hope you like the pictures and might give it a try. They are freebies by TRSC and KWIK but for german people they might be a little risky. I was sweating bullets when the package was pending in customs for 4 weeks. This is not an advertisment, I am just super hyped by landraces and will definitely by a bunch of packs of the afghan mix, as long there is a discount on it.

P.s. they threw some nanas but that was probably due to very much stress. I did light deprivation coz I am pretty far up north in Germany. They often had interrupted light cycles and after harvesting the main bud I let them outside which means they got from 12 / 12 back to 13/11 and now around 12/12. Thats pretty fcked up by me, but I didnt have another chance :D

Last three pics are the whole plant before harves last week, the others are bud shots today with some purpling

Attachments

• 20240916_104253 - Kopie.jpg
    20240916_104253 - Kopie.jpg
    931.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240916_104305 - Kopie.jpg
    20240916_104305 - Kopie.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240916_104312 - Kopie.jpg
    20240916_104312 - Kopie.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240916_104317 - Kopie.jpg
    20240916_104317 - Kopie.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240916_104344 - Kopie.jpg
    20240916_104344 - Kopie.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240907_091512 - Kopie.jpg
    20240907_091512 - Kopie.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240907_091516 - Kopie.jpg
    20240907_091516 - Kopie.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240907_091520 - Kopie.jpg
    20240907_091520 - Kopie.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 24

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I got some freebies Afghan mix from TRSC a while back. I was super stoked to see how a real landrace might grow. After putting 2 seeds into soil I was a little sad about how slowly they were growing. One of them died off pretty fast but the other stayed with me. Tbh I might have fkced it up a bit, since I am not used to growing landraces, especially those where you don't really know what comes around. The main shoot was a little off at the beginning, for which reason I just snapped it off. One of the side branches grew to be the new main shoot and it started to grow in a normal indica manner. Fast forward to today, I had to harvest the main stem a week ago, since I got a spider mite infestation and I didnt wanna risk it. By today the mites didn't take over so I might have acted to fast, but I am okay with that. In the pictures you can see a very typical afghani bud structure. I am really amazed by this inflorecense. After a few cold nights it also started to purple. The yield is more on the lower end, but thats also coz I took very low nutrient soil and didn't really feed them too much (1/4 of normal feed).
The smell is very hashy with a slight hint of orange or tangerine, something citrussy but not lemon.

I hope you like the pictures and might give it a try. They are freebies by TRSC and KWIK but for german people they might be a little risky. I was sweating bullets when the package was pending in customs for 4 weeks. This is not an advertisment, I am just super hyped by landraces and will definitely by a bunch of packs of the afghan mix, as long there is a discount on it.

P.s. they threw some nanas but that was probably due to very much stress. I did light deprivation coz I am pretty far up north in Germany. They often had interrupted light cycles and after harvesting the main bud I let them outside which means they got from 12 / 12 back to 13/11 and now around 12/12. Thats pretty fcked up by me, but I didnt have another chance :D

Last three pics are the whole plant before harves last week, the others are bud shots today with some purpling
Very interesting post friend thanks for sharing. I like the way you worked out the problems to get your plants into flowering time. Now that the cool temps are here you should be good without any pests and get some nice colors. It may be too late but I would give those plants more flowering time.

Latest posts

Latest posts