What's new

Adding dolomite flowering??

Terpyterps

Recommend trying to add some bio char to your soil, it helps with your watering cycle because it holds well water in it. So you are not watering them that much or that often. I just give 1L every two or three days, keeps them happy.

Terpyterps

📈

bigger pots chief
At the moment I am using 6 gallon fabric pots but I will try dropping size. I’m well aware that bigger is better, but going to run bunch of plants and it’s okay if they stay smaller and they are going to have just few weeks veg before flipping the plants to flower. Just want to see the quality and structure of the flowers so I can keep the best of the best. But generally I agree that bigger would be better.

Old Uncle Ben

At the moment I am using 6 gallon fabric pots but I will try dropping size. I’m well aware that bigger is better, but going to run bunch of plants and it’s okay if they stay smaller and they are going to have just few weeks veg before flipping the plants to flower. Just want to see the quality and structure of the flowers so I can keep the best of the best. But generally I agree that bigger would be better.

Switch over to root pruning systems. You'll never look back. https://overgrow.com/t/how-can-i-use-spin-out-for-chemical-root-pruning/258

MicroKotePots.jpg

Here's a male I recently threw out in the field. No spin out, super dense, fibrous efficient root system in a small pot.

RootsFeb15.jpg

Uncle Ben

trixP

I run a 6/7 theres 2 numbers on the mf go figure lol

trixP

Getting fading on older foliage new foliage green

One is going faster than another more frosty

All in all very very happy how things are going

Noticed flowering ppm is lower than veg ppm from the bottle specs

( I run full strength )

Reactions: X15

X15

Getting fading on older foliage new foliage green

One is going faster than another more frosty

All in all very very happy how things are going

Noticed flowering ppm is lower than veg ppm from the bottle specs

( I run full strength )
Curious, what is the N content? Maybe that’s the reason for lower ppm in flower

Terpyterps

Looking very nice! Going to get some frosty buds seems to me. Those ppm levels are probably just fine. Not sure what nutes you use, but for example 30-50ppm of P is all you need if you feed in flower, so you can actually end up running quite low ppm if you are not overkilling it with some very hot sauce line. When I was running hydro way back I was never over EC 2.0 in flower or in veg, usually around EC 1.6-1.8 at high feeding.

Terpyterps

Switch over to root pruning systems. You'll never look back. https://overgrow.com/t/how-can-i-use-spin-out-for-chemical-root-pruning/258

View attachment 18961661

Here's a male I recently threw out in the field. No spin out, super dense, fibrous efficient root system in a small pot.

View attachment 18961662

Uncle Ben
This is something worth trying. Not sure about the availability of the main product but I guess there might be workarounds. Although I have had good success with fabric pots and they are pruning well if you let them dry out once in a while. Also saw some plastic pots that supposed to prevent spinning out roots, it was mechanical solution, not chemical like that.

Old Uncle Ben

This is something worth trying. Not sure about the availability of the main product but I guess there might be workarounds. Although I have had good success with fabric pots and they are pruning well if you let them dry out once in a while. Also saw some plastic pots that supposed to prevent spinning out roots, it was mechanical solution, not chemical like that.

What country are you from?

I've used RootMaker's RootTrappers. They root prune, they also dry out fast and are a PITA. Here's a graft of a Pinkerton avocado. I mulch with pine bark, which you can do with cannabis too. Pine needles are my fave for mulch.

RootTrapper2.jpg

trixP

Curious, what is the N content? Maybe that’s the reason for lower ppm in flower
GH FLORA

Veg on the bottle to flowering

Is always 10ml it doesn’t change ( 1 gallon ) I run 4L 4000ml makes it easier for me to mesure

However I cut my calmag at flowering which I also ran full iirc it’s 5ML a gal which I’m sure the extra ppm is there
I doc all my days in a journal

I supp sugars now for flower 10ml gal which I know is far less dense in ppm

Terpyterps

I find Biobizz Fish Mix being good source of N if you need some extra fast to plants. Promotes good microbial life in the soil too. Also their calmag is good because it apparently doesn’t have any N in it, so you can add some extra whenever needed in flower too. I just adjust if plant needs some extra, because the base nutrients doesn’t always cover some stuff for every single cultivar. So they are still good backup to have, although I have steered away from bottles, but ain't going to throw away them.

moose eater

View attachment 18961661

View attachment 18961662

Uncle Ben
Maybe I missed it, but what's inside your plastic pots, Ben?

I've grown mature plants (super-cropping) in pots ranging from classic 1200s, to Classic 2000s, to Classic 2200s, and now I'm into 7-gallon pots. Anywhere from 16 pots in a 4'x4' down to 4 or 5.

More food required in smaller pots, which -can- mean more room for error, and a lot more green healthy growth with the larger pots.

Getting closer to a no-additional-feed-required system last year with the 7-gallon pots.

Note: Apparently in China/Chinese-made plastic pots, 7-gallons is a smaller volume than 7-gallons in a US-made pot. I have what are purported to be 7-gallon pots from both sources, and "one of these things is not like the other."