What's new

A little help if you please

MD84

Just a quick one folks. I have 3 FC6500's daisy chained together. I switched on the last led fixture in the chain so i can veg under that single light. Obviously as it was still connected to the others i couldn't control the output. But once i unplugged the daisy chain the light set to low (was previously stuck on high) and was still not able to control the individual fixture. Does the light need to be switched off and back on when unplugging the daisy chain as to reset it or do i have an issue with the driver?

thanks for any responses

MD84

So i unplugged the daisy chain and unplugged the light to reset it. And still cannot control the output. I had to plug the daisy chain back in just so it's not on full power. Can't even use the onboard power switch to turn it on/off. I've probably had a maximum of 3 cycles with this fixture so it's very disappointing that this has happened. I may potentially be able to still control it once the other 2 lights are on but still...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You tried both switches? Could be you not knowing exactly how to use those to switch between master/standalone dimming and full power/slave configuration.
If its really the potentiometer its a cheap and easy to change piece, and I seen MH sends them to users for free if they have this problem. But you would have to change the part yourself. At least, the high shipping fees and downtime is avoided by not sending the whole unit for repairs.

Last edited:

MD84

Both switches? i only have one power switch unless you mean did i try on another fixture that was connected. The other fixtures are off. I thought i'd be able to control the sole fixture once it was disconnected from the rest. I had a look on their website and they say most of their lights come with a 5 year warranty so i'll see what they say but i'm not up for any diy as i'm disabled and in a wheelchair. I don't feel i should have to anyway lol.

appreciate the help

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No switch on the back of the control box? Is your light a wifi controlled one or classic?

MD84

thanks i just noticed the other switch. It's on anyway. All 3 fixtures are connected to together now, the dials are set to maximum except on the controller. I've noticed that there is some kind of fluctuation in the output. I wouldn't quite say flickering but it's not a constant. When i try to turn the lights from minimum to maximum i notice the fluctuation and dimming at certain points when it should be a smooth progression.