What's new

a hydro shop almost killed me with selling me a uset bulb.

N

newtothiscoco

for less then 24 hours ago i placed a brand new bulb 400watt hps my air cooled hood and then not even 12 hours later in the middle of the night i wake up randomly couz of some strange sound in the room i look over and its this strange red shine from my grow room and i literly just run over eany thing in my way and just pull the plug out of the el-suply. and run to the room to see a bulb in that is burning literly burning!! the glass was melted and it was burning badly i grab a wet towel and start undo the bulb when i get it out it literly just go up for me if i had woke up just 30 min later my hole family would problerly have ben killed of the house burning .!

im never gona buy a bulb online ever again. never .

i found out that the bulb was hell old it had ben used allot before i got it. it was all black in both ends of the light.

take care and make SURE TO LOOK AT THE BULBS BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE HOOD.

hydroshops are fuc king idiots.! they could literly have killed my family. like who the fk sells uset bulbs as brand new.!

i did contact them and they are never given me a reply.

maybe i should make a case out of this. what do you guys think what should i do now just let it go or go all in on them ?:moon::moon:

FlaDankster

Veteran
Not to be an ass but YOU put a bulb in the grow that you stated had black on both ends.....obviously used.

Chalk it up as a learning experience

Morcheeba*

Veteran
thats why i run my 12/12 cycle during the day even though fl gets very hot.......better to be safe than sorry.

glad you caught it before your place caught fire.

peace

Mikenite69

Veteran
I run the same schedule for this same reason daytime everyone is awake. Also if you hood is aircooled even if the bulb exploded it should of pretty much stayed confined in the hood I would think.

N

newtothiscoco

Not to be an ass but YOU put a bulb in the grow that you stated had black on both ends.....obviously used.

Chalk it up as a learning experience

real not to be an ass ? what is it you are trying to be then ?:moon:
sorry to say but out from your comment i think you are an ass

the bulb was not 100% black in both ends it was grey/black'ish looking but the bulb do get tested at the fabric so its the hydro shop that has put an old bulb in a new pack.
thats the thing about the most hydroshops they dont give a fuk if they kill some one.

its not like i have seen 100's of bulbs it is my 4 grow and i would change my bulb for the first time ever. how the heck am i supos to know that they stuff OLD Bulbs in new packing. i trust ppl that i get what i pay for. but that will never happen again man i will never even by a single pot from a hydroshop ever again after this :ying::ying::ying::ying:

N

newtothiscoco

thats why i run my 12/12 cycle during the day even though fl gets very hot.......better to be safe than sorry.

glad you caught it before your place caught fire.

peace

yeah i think i need to to that next run but its not like i can change it now and its mid summer here its like almost 30degres at day time right now.

but yeah im glad i caught it in time man,

N

newtothiscoco

I run the same schedule for this same reason daytime everyone is awake. Also if you hood is aircooled even if the bulb exploded it should of pretty much stayed confined in the hood I would think.

dude the glass was melting down in the hood :/ i dont know wtf happend with that bulb but it was crazy man i dont know the electrics would have melted and spreed across the garden forsure :ying: im just happy that there did not happen something bad :tiphat:

pinkus

Veteran
thats the thing about the most hydroshops they dont give a fuk if they kill some one.

I'm glad you are OK. I don't think there is any reason to lump most hydro shops as killers. :/

Caveat emptor ~ let the buyer beware. Should they have sold you that? NO!!! but ultimately it is always our own responsibility to watch out for ourselves.

One other note: Are you sure it was the fault of the bulb? Because I had a similar thing happen when I replaced a bulb: The tab that touches the middle pole of the bulb is often spring loaded in the socket for HID systems. If you don't physically push it back down before putting a new bulb in, it can misalign and arc inside the socket... ultimately it will burn a hole and start a fire if you aren't on top of it! Damn good thing I tested the bulb after installation, because if I just let the timer trip it, I'd have a smoldering hole as a place of residence.

Good luck :)

Morcheeba*

Veteran
not long after i changed to flowering during the day a 600w ballast blew and would have caught fire if i hadnt heard it pop and i unplugged it immediatly. scary shit since im in a wheelchair and dont move fast.

again, good luck and im glad you caught it before it was a huge issue.

peace

N

newtothiscoco

I'm glad you are OK. I don't think there is any reason to lump most hydro shops as killers. :/

Caveat emptor ~ let the buyer beware. Should they have sold you that? NO!!! but ultimately it is always our own responsibility to watch out for ourselves.

dude its the same as Russian Roulette to take the new bulb out and sell an old used one. if some one is new to the grow thing and dont know what to look after and they trust the shop that sells the stuff for aliving !. this shop is not the only one that has done this.

so im a noob to bulbs but where do i go learn about that stuff. if i cant even trust the guys that sells the stuff for aliving. who the hell am i gona trust on the marked.

and they dont even ride back to me. its like they dont even care about what they sold.

FlaDankster

Veteran
it was all black in both ends of the light.

real not to be an ass ? what is it you are trying to be then ?:moon:
sorry to say but out from your comment i think you are an ass

the bulb was not 100% black

Which one is it?????????

How did you do your investigation and determine that that bulb had been hell old and was used alot????

It's simple son........YOU ARE CHOOSING TO GROW.............SO THERE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND YOUR FAMILY'S SAFETY IS UP TO WHO??????NOT THE HYDRO SHOPS THAT YOU CLAIM ARE "TRYING TO KILL YOU".......THATS A FACT JACK.

Let it be known.......i'm glad you and any one else is ok..............even the ass part of me.

Ya coulda atleast told me i was a sack of goat shit squirting from an "ass".:tiphat:

Like i said.....................learning experience bro........

This could have been a very bad situation, and Im glad everything worked out ok.

I always advise people to add a cpl fire alarms to their grow room. Lots of growers overlook this little pc of equipment that could give you the necessary warnings to deal with a bad situation. Not always gonna save you, but I feel its worth having

also, fire extinguishers are very good to have around the house. Again, not always gonna save you but could be very helpful.

Stay safe:)

N

newtothiscoco

not long after i changed to flowering during the day a 600w ballast blew and would have caught fire if i hadnt heard it pop and i unplugged it immediatly. scary shit since im in a wheelchair and dont move fast.

again, good luck and im glad you caught it before it was a huge issue.

peace

sorry to hear man :/.

ye i think im gona swits to the day after this run, im not gona take that risk more, its just sad that it has come to this point that ppl cant even buy new stuff with out getting some old Sh*t :/

ye me to man :) remember to chek all the stuff that you buy from shops. there are some sneaky scums out in some of the shops.

FlaDankster

Veteran
so im a noob to bulbs but where do i go learn about that stuff. if i cant even trust the guys that sells the stuff for aliving. who the hell am i gona trust on the marked.

You have now moved up a notch on the noob pole.........you now have an experience to help make better decisions.Trust no one but your self when it comes to your own life.

pinkus

Veteran
lol the IMPORTANT part of my post was the note. BTW, old bulbs don't usually implode, they burn out. You might rethink this blame thing and start checking the tabs and bulbs. I am VERY glad you are ok. But blaming and not really knowing the cause is a good way to go down the same path again :bandit:

N

newtothiscoco

Which one is it?????????

How did you do your investigation and determine that that bulb had been hell old and was used alot????

It's simple son........YOU ARE CHOOSING TO GROW.............SO THERE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND YOUR FAMILY'S SAFETY IS UP TO WHO??????NOT THE HYDRO SHOPS THAT YOU CLAIM ARE "TRYING TO KILL YOU".......THATS A FACT JACK.

Let it be known.......i'm glad you and any one else is ok..............even the ass part of me.

Ya coulda atleast told me i was a sack of goat shit squirting from an "ass".:tiphat:

Like i said.....................learning experience bro........

dude wtf ? are you kidding me ?

so you are telling me that its normal that its all grey and blackish in the ends from new. and bulbs just eksplode and melt down after it not even had ben running 12 hours ?

did you read all in the top of the thread =?

i SAID THE HYDROSHOP ALMOST KILLED ME.
SO YOU SAY ITS OK TO SELL HELL A OLD BULBS as new bulbs ?
or are you just trying to be a tuff guy ? and act all kinda smart ass in the thread ? this is serious dude. ( if we cant trust our hydro shops who the hell are we gona trust ) i did never say that they was trying to kill me . i said that they almost killed me ! :ying:

so you are telling me that i can just go away and learn from what happen ? -_-"

dude just leave the thread pleas i dont even think that you did read all what i did ride did you ?:ying:

S

sourpuss

Im switching over to cfl and maybe supplemental leds. Not a led fan either unless its quality.

Imo eliminating these kinds of hazards is the only way to go. Or grow where you dont live....

Latest posts

Latest posts