What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A couple sugar leaves here and there?

Aaront596

I have a few sugar leaves shriveling and turning dark. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 21

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Could be a problem, but might not.
When ever I see sugar leaves die like that I check the bud around the leaf petiole. That can be a sign of the start of botrytis - budrot.
Remove the dead leaves, so it's not inviting fungi.
Hopefully all is well

No, that's not normal!!! Did it happen almost overnight? It looks like the begining of bud rot, which will spread quickly if not dealt with. You need to cut it out carefully, take all the tissue about an inch above and below the infected area. To verify if it's rot, grab a hold of those bad leaves and pull, if it comes out easily, it's definitely rot. I guess it could also be a caterpiller or something inside the bud feasting, you should be able to tell when you cut it out.

Aaront596

I'm so glad you mentioned a caterpillar. I have found a couple on there in some other spots where leaves were dead. Those spots weren't buds. How do I get rid of caterpillars? It has been crazy dry out. I know it could still rot just from dew, but I was surprised to think it would be rot this weather. Either way I need to figure it out. Ideas for caterpillars? I put a Praying Mantis that I found on there yesterday, but I haven't seen him since.
Thanks,
Aaron

BT Spray (Bacillus Thuringiensis) is great for caterpillar control. There are numerous suppliers, Monterey is one. It's safe to use into about the 2nd or third week of flower.