What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Colorado Man Is Claiming He Killed His Wife Because He Went Crazy on Weed Edibles

A

acridlab

Everyone should consider the fact that he was already a fuckn nut.. And that he prolly would have killed ten years ago but weed actually helped him refrain this long.... Yay,, win for the weed

maulwurst

seems like a tactic his lawyer told him to use so he could plead insanity something like that...."The drugs made me do it" is a classic excuse, and depending how and where he is getting tried can go down well with certain jurors.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I'm sure this will be unpopular, but...

While this seems highly unlikely, a person predisposed to psychotic breaks could very well have one under the influence.

SSRI's and other drugs can absolutely cause major league psychotic breaks in folks (inducing suicide and homicide). And while cannabis is no where near as potent as those drugs are, it can cause a strong reaction in a small percentage of individuals.

I think it would be wrong to ignore potential risks whatever you believe and to try to keep an open mind.

That said, it really sounds to me like this guy is just fishing for a defense and it's a defense a lot of courts will never acknowledge anyway.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
If i am not mistaken there is precedent in the law that even if you are drunk as a skunk you are still culpable for your actions as you chose to drink and therefore anything you did because of that was still your choice. This would also be, in my mind at least, acceptable as an argument for this case as he chose to eat the edible and is likely using it as a bullshit reason to kill his wife.

Yeah, this is why most courts won't accept it as a defense.

I did see a Canadian court accept that Paxil made a 14 year old kill his best friend for no apparent reason. But the situation was so far different than this one is (age, consent, doctor diagnosis etc).

Jhhnn

Veteran

While this seems highly unlikely, a person predisposed to psychotic breaks could very well have one under the influence.

SSRI's and other drugs can absolutely cause major league psychotic breaks in folks (inducing suicide and homicide). And while cannabis is no where near as potent as those drugs are, it can cause a strong reaction in a small percentage of individuals.

I think it would be wrong to ignore potential risks whatever you believe and to try to keep an open mind.

That said, it really sounds to me like this guy is just fishing for a defense and it's a defense a lot of courts will never acknowledge anyway.

I really think that the guy had a psychotic break. Keep in mind that his wife was on the phone w/ 911 when he killed her-

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...-accused-shooting-wife-is-due?source=infinite

Making an example out of somebody & Justice are pretty much incompatible.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
i got thrown off a jury during selection in colorado because some guy (or more accurately his lawyer) was asking about what we thought about the fact/argument/smokescreen that alcohol was the reason he was breaking into cars and stealing things out of them. i drank plenty at that time but i was the first person the defense asked the judge to let go

i already know a properly timed face palm will get you off a jury, but i'm pretty sure the judge would have a hard time missing me laugh my ass off when i had a flashback to the movie reefer madness.

this trial should be great:thinking: i can't wait to hear about what the expert witnesses have to say. :jerkit:

the DA should call 1000 random stoners who've eaten edibles to the stand and ask them where the bodies are buried

maulwurst

I completly agree, I think if he can proove an underlying mental condition + getting way to high on edibles (I'm not American but I've heard they're very strong there) maybe a judge or jury would let him off.

Latest posts

Latest posts