What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A coffee addict finds fresh purpose

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Pulled down one and upgraded the next contestant; the following wave is being bumped from 1/2 gal to 2 gal sometime tonight.
20240629_182324.jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Took a heavy machete to the mature efforts and hosed everything down with a liberal dose of Neem to combat a dose of Bug Fever I failed to recognize earlier.
20240706_014227.jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Pulled down this month's pair and in a day or so I'll have slipped the pair from the shelves and put them in these empty 5 gal and exchanged them with a waiting pair from veg.
Should have a dried weight in about ten days; average has been a bit over 4 oz per.
20240718_181350.jpg
20240718_183258.jpg

Last edited:

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Old root system extracted from the recently harvested 5 gal buckets, soil remixed with fresh medium, and the last gal in veg bumped from 1/2 to 2 gal. Each successive upgrade gets a handful of crushed egg shells and spent coffee grounds but I need to amend with dried and ground up banana peels to invigorate new root growth.
20240719_082751.jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
First two of a wave of shorties that are destined to fill the gaps between the serious efforts in the main room; their Momma is the last of the old guard who's potentially stranded in veg for another few weeks.
20240721_075058.jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Along with the pair from the post above, these two new cuts in the coffee containers are destined for short veg and modest yield just to fill in the empty space between mature efforts in the flowering room.
20240723_205553.jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Made a tough decision and eliminated the less than promising next at bat in favor of focusing on the new wave. These three along with a slightly more robust pair on the starter shelves have been slow out of the gate but I've still got my fingers crossed.
20240815_150617.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts