What's new

91'chemdog

Danja

Does anyone get a savoury beef type taste off the chemdawgs sometimes? I had some once and it heated my face up and is as strong as anything. I would love to try and search out that chemdawg pheno again , pink buds and tastes like savoury meat . What seeds have that nowadays?

Jay-Jay Genetics

Hi
jj chemD f3, i95 x i91 bx 3
20231018_225554.jpg

20231014_215138.jpg

Last edited:

PHRosin

Here is some Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem '91 x Chem D) from Humboldt CSI. 74 days since flip to 12/12. I was hoping they would be finishing up by now but they look like they still have a couple weeks to go. I'm pretty new to growing, is this delay in ripening because of some things I screwed up on my part? Here are a couple pics from tonight and a link to my grow journal with more details: Thanks for any advice!

20231107_223742.jpg
20231107_223654.jpg

nick11

Veteran
No they look really good, don't go by what other people say. I'm not one to pay attention to flower times. Just wait until the plant stops drinking water or you could cut the light by an hour every couple days. With that said chems are long flowering 11 weeks seems average, your seed grow will be a couple weeks longer.

Visually it looks like you have a few weeks to go. What kinda smell? Fwiw when you buy seeds the flower time is from clone not seed. When buying seeds add 2 weeks to what the breeder states. I'm sure all would agree with me unless you have a 100 percent dialed in environment lol, who has that? Lastly chem is a harder plant to dial in for a newer grower. I bet you'd be much happier with something a little easier and proven. Good luck

Last edited:
interesting video here from a company investigating the gassy aromas in canna and which compounds are responsible.

they found a big jump between week 10 and 11 in flower...

Can you trust someone who puts gassy/skunky into the same category. That's called an IQ test. They're just baiting. Looking for someone with a nose and high-school diploma.

These are the guys putting indole in fake Chem dog terps. You can distinctly identify the individual compounds in Cannabis yet they claim its some mysterious blend. This is like the Seranade terps ordeal.Where famous cannabis breeder had entire grows ruined "funky cheese stress response, from spraying mold with mold" lol IDENTIFY THOSE SERANADE TERPS WRITE IT DOWN WRITE THAT DOWN!

PHRosin

No they look really good, don't go by what other people say. I'm not one to pay attention to flower times. Just wait until the plant stops drinking water or you could cut the light by an hour every couple days. With that said chems are long flowering 11 weeks seems average, your seed grow will be a couple weeks longer.

Visually it looks like you have a few weeks to go. What kinda smell? Fwiw when you buy seeds the flower time is from clone not seed. When buying seeds add 2 weeks to what the breeder states. I'm sure all would agree with me unless you have a 100 percent dialed in environment lol, who has that? Lastly chem is a harder plant to dial in for a newer grower. I bet you'd be much happier with something a little easier and proven. Good luck

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know flowering times were different between seeds and clones, that's very helpful to know. I have never grew from clone so always figured my longer flowering times were due to grower error.

As for the smell, it doesn't have the specific rotten trash terps the Chem D is known for but there is some pungent chemmy funk smell when I open the tent. Here's to hoping I'm able to keep them through the drying process.

befa

Voici du Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem '91 x Chem D) de Humboldt CSI. 74 jours depuis le passage au 12/12. J'espérais qu'ils auraient fini maintenant, mais il semble qu'il leur reste encore quelques semaines. Je suis assez nouveau dans la culture, ce retard de maturation est-il dû à certaines choses que j'ai ratées de ma part ? Voici quelques photos de ce soir et un lien vers mon journal de culture avec plus de détails : Merci pour tout conseil !

View attachment 18915763 View attachment 18915766

befa

Here is some Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem '91 x Chem D) from Humboldt CSI. 74 days since flip to 12/12. I was hoping they would be finishing up by now but they look like they still have a couple weeks to go. I'm pretty new to growing, is this delay in ripening because of some things I screwed up on my part? Here are a couple pics from tonight and a link to my grow journal with more details: Thanks for any advice!

View attachment 18915763 View attachment 18915766
A lack of cal mag perhaps, Personally, I find that chem like many Afghans run better in 11/13

nick11

Veteran
Yeah no problem. Each cycle you learn more on what that specific plant needs if your choosing to keep it around. So that will help flowering time too for you. Marijuana is strange though I swear each time I run something it's slightly different looking from previous.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think he is showing 2 different flower crosses.. They do look identical

Chem D f3 and i95 x i91 bx3..

I'm curious, has anyone found any Chem type plants in the last 2 decades that might be better than Chem91, Chemdog , Chem sis , and Chem 4 ?.. Are Sativa genetics the key to such genotypes?. If so which would be the top contenders to breed with---HAZES?...

I'm finding some interesting results in breeding with these genotypes.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I think he is showing 2 different flower crosses.. They do look identical

Chem D f3 and i95 x i91 bx3..

I'm curious, has anyone found any Chem type plants in the last 2 decades that might be better than Chem91, Chemdog , Chem sis , and Chem 4 ?.. Are Sativa genetics the key to such genotypes?. If so which would be the top contenders to breed with---HAZES?...
When you say Chem type are you talking about terpenes?
If so I would say gmo which definitely got some sativa genes from the cookie side of the cross.

Latest posts

Latest posts