What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

5 Gallon Handwater Coco

motofox16

TW_Bud.JPG

Hey guys I have a Handwater Coco Grow going on in the Diaries here:
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123125

I can answer any questions about it though I just wanted to post it up here for all of the Coco Growers. Thanks!

I am vegging in 5 gallon pots at the moment. I plan on switching to 12/12 in about a week.
I have some questions if your willing to answer them!

What line of nutes are you using? and what frequency do you feed at.
Did you have any overferting issues?

That bud looks like its really putting on the resin, nice job man!

motofox16

I am vegging in 5 gallon pots at the moment. I plan on switching to 12/12 in about a week.
I have some questions if your willing to answer them!

What line of nutes are you using? and what frequency do you feed at.
Did you have any overferting issues?

That bud looks like its really putting on the resin, nice job man!

Sorry about not responding sooner, I kinda lost this post a while ago, buttt I'd love to answer your questions. Id imagine your a few weeks into budding now, curious what your using if you ever see this post again

I started out using the soul synthetics line for vegging, partly just because of the cost of the advanced nutrient line, I also was using hygrozyme. I used hygrozyme the whole 3 months, I mix this in with just water and feed that once a week.

For my budding, I used connosuir nutrient line by advanced nutrients, I have some pictures on my diary about it, I found this lineup to work pretty well. All the taste and smell out of the plants is amazing. I also used Bud Candy throughout the flowering which I think brought out some good smells.

Coming soon: I'd like to do a comparison grow next time, same strain and probably 3 different nutrient lineups. I'd like to try the canna line compared to that advanced lineup in the same type of coco handwater.

Although the one thing I think I will do next time is I have some larger pots I will put them into, not because of the roots being too rootbound, although some were, but mostly because I had the same strain growing in 2 different sized pots toward the beginning of my grow, and the one in the bigger pot, turned out to grow almost twice as fast/big. It was astonishing to see the difference the pot size had on the growth.

On the other hand my friend had said the exact opposite and downsized pots because he thought they would grow just as big in smaller pots and the bigger pots were just a waste of soil and nutes.

Maybe his was just too big and was really a waste because the roots would never fill an area that big, but I'm going on the other side of that argument after I saw what a couple weeks in different sized pots did. I'll tell you when i get to a pot that is "too big", but i don't think that will ever really happen. More roots = More bud, give those bitches as much room to grow as they need

motofox16

New Grow

New Grow

Hey guys I launched another handwater coco grow. Way more techy and better than my last grow. I have some NYC diesel in there now and some chem dawg that just got put into flower. Heres a few pics :)

P1030598.jpg

919.jpg

5b.jpg

5_5.jpg

Calimed

Veteran
That is neat to see what you did with the lights. That trainwreck looks yummy as well.

Vegan

clean set up i ilke it ..how big is that ac unit ..

EDIT just read your last grow ..very nice,,so why did you go down to 2K //

G

guest5703

yea totally a sick setup, will you be lowering and raising the plants then since the light wont be able to be lowered? cant wait to see this, that NYC looks legit as fuck too, looks more like sour D, but I've had some NYC that was out of this world!!!

motofox16

yea totally a sick setup, will you be lowering and raising the plants then since the light wont be able to be lowered? cant wait to see this, that NYC looks legit as fuck too, looks more like sour D, but I've had some NYC that was out of this world!!!

I do, I raise and lower them. The chem Dawg I just put in are raised up on upside down buckets so they are raised up pretty high. I have a pretty good height with my roof, Most of my plants that are in mid bud are at perfect heights right below the lights, i was pleased and surprised with the results. For the others that just aren't quite that tall I have some bricks under them turned on their side. Kinda ghetto but as long as they get right up there by the lights im happy.

And thanks by the way. I am very pleased with this NYC dies. I read about it right after i got the clones and was not liking what I read. I have always smoked it before, of corse the real sour D is always 100 percent better, but I have not seen a clone of that around anywhere for that matter :( so i just went with the NYC dies to get my diesel fix on for a little bit till i get my CHEM DAWG smoking :)

motofox16

clean set up i ilke it ..how big is that ac unit ..

EDIT just read your last grow ..very nice,,so why did you go down to 2K //

I am working on getting another light. I went down because it was never mine just the other two and I picked up a 400 MH for some veg, still looking to get that third light in there though. I'd love to try some vertical, but its kinda late to decide that. idk, I think a light right throught the middle would do more harm than good and don't know where else i'd put it. I was just gonna stick another light in between the other ones.

12000 btu AC there. I can have that room as cold as i want it pretty much. I have almost too much control over heat. I was always batteling it before and thats why I ended up with CO2 tanks instead of a burner but now i kinda wish i had a burner. Filling CO2 tanks sucks, they are just harder to get but oh well.

motofox16

My ADMITTANCE

My ADMITTANCE

Alright guys I have some things to say about how I fed these plants this time around. I am no pro grower first off I am still learning things every day and am far from experienced but, in my last grow I did OK, and was pleased by all means by the taste smell and dankness of the final results of that bud.

NOW, I am growing my NYCD and am very pleased with the results of this bud. Every bud is swelling up more and more now, the smell is incredibly diesel like, and I have produced some of the largest deep lushous green leaves I have ever produced.

So,, my admittance, almost Everywhere I have read I hear a 20 percent drain to waste, which I did in my previous grow.

On my current grow, I have tried something different, doing a 0 percent drain to waste. I figured I would be flushing a lot because of salt buildup, but I have seen amazing results, no excessive salt buildups, and am watering much less every 1-2 days. Example, I watered 10 gallons every 3 days on my last grow, I am watering 3 gallons each time on my current grow. Thats a large difference in nutes, about 4 gallons saved every 3 days. Not that i'm stingy with my nutrients and water and don't have the ability to drain to waste, I just wanted to try it out. So my report, I have seen nothing but good out of keeping the coco very damp and let it last a while but I am not finished experimenting with drain to waste so have made no conclusion to stick to 0 drain. Just that I saw no difference and saved a shitload on nutes. Maybe next time I can do a real experiment and do 4 drain to waste, 4 no drain and see the real results!

Until next time
MOTO

O

OfficerStedanko

i just put 3 inches of hydroton in the bottom of the bucket, feed every 3 days, and its working fine. no need to put holes in the bucket, just dont over water.

motofox16

I just started using hydroton in my coco. I have been pleased with the results so far. I still use it with a 50/50 mix but I just don't like the pearllite dust off of it. I'm over that shit. hydroton is much cleaner and disperses water and air just as well.

hugetom80s

Looks awesome!

I haven't tried Conni in coco myself, but it clearly is doing amazing things for you. What about tossing a little Big Bud into the mix?